Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 10:22 PM   #3106
mickeyfan0805
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmhouston View Post
We're at 40 days and mine don't know yet either. We've been many times but this is the first surprise trip (if I can keep my mouth shut for 40 more days)!

Enjoy!
We're in the same place. This will be trip number 5 for our older girls (6 and 8), but this is the first they don't know about. We're doing a whole scavenger hunt thing the morning we leave. Can't wait!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:22 PM   #3107
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavaleh View Post
66 more days for us. I really hope they're doing the animation lessons when we go and that they're not just aimed at the littles because I have a 14 year old daughter who actually wants to be an animator so I know she'd love it!

Time can go fast enough right now. Wish I could zoom ahead and then just slow that WDW week down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimkarli View Post
My DD is 13 and I am hoping the lessons have older and younger kids!! SO won't want to do it if it is only young kids.
the lessons are for ANYONE! kids (young and old) and adults!

I am excited, as I have done the drawing lesson at Animation hall twice (DHS). and have a drawing of mickey and one of goofy. can't wait to add to my collection!

Last edited by smidgy; 03-06-2013 at 01:30 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 01:27 AM   #3108
troof
Earning My Ears

A couple of notes to two previous posters, we got a PIN offer and everything was discounted except LM rooms, so for now it doesn't look promising but things could change.

As for Chef Mickey's dinner, it definitely isn't "gross." I am a vegetarian and pretty hard on buffets but I managed to get by. Others in my party were pleased with various items and DH went back for a second plate, which is somewhat unusual (although he could have been starved by that point). The characters were cute here, especially for birthdays, and I definitely don't regret it.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:11 AM   #3109
DynamicDisney
Mouseketeer

First DISboard post! I actually read this ENTIRE thread!! Crazy, I know!! We are headed to Disney for our first family trip - DH, DD12, DD7, DS6, and DD4. I have been a couple times when I was a pre-teen. I am so excited to bring all of them! DH has never been, either. I have been spending hours and hours reading blogs and Pinterest, and the DISboard, learning about what to do and where to go, and what to eat! We are staying at AoA, in the Finding Nemo section. We did online checkin last week, and requested top floor, lake view. Even if we do not get our requests, I am SURE that we will love our room regardless!! 39 days from today is checkin!! We are flying the day before though, and stay off property, and then head to AoA FIRST thing that Sunday morning, checkin, check out the room if it is ready, and head to Chef Mickey's for breakfast ressies!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #3110
Jimbo352
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX
Hi all! I do not have a trip planned at this time. But I am unofficially planning a December trip. I have no idea where we are staying yet. I am waiting to see what the 'special offers' are. It's just DH and I so we would want a LM room. Do those EVER go on sale? When/if they offer general public free dining is LM included? Was it last year?

Just curious. I would love to add AOA to my maybe list but its going to be so much more than an All Star (or even a mod if we get free dining) if LM never goes on sale.

Sorry if this has been asked already. i tried going through the entire thread, but decided I should reply anyway so I can start following the thread.
Aaa discount is probably your best bet, book the room now with that, they do sell out of the special rates! If a better "special" comes out you can always modify it, 45 days out is your last chance to make any major changes (I think) good luck!
Old 03-06-2013, 12:19 PM   #3111
mnmhouston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyfan0805 View Post
We're in the same place. This will be trip number 5 for our older girls (6 and 8), but this is the first they don't know about. We're doing a whole scavenger hunt thing the morning we leave. Can't wait!
Good luck to you!

I think I should inquire about renting a defibrillator as I think my daughter is going to have a heart attck when she opens her birthday gift (a wrapped box complete with balloons flying out, a poem to tell her she's going, and a new backpack filled with all of her travel gear/games)!

It's going to be so much fun!
5 or 6 times as a kid, no idea when I went or where I stayed NYE 1999 Coronado Springs October 2005 Old Key West November 2006 Pop Century September 2007 Pop Century August 2010 Pop Century August 2011 Pop Century April 2013 AoA LM
Old 03-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #3112
emefoe823
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmhouston

Good luck to you!

I think I should inquire about renting a defibrillator as I think my daughter is going to have a heart attck when she opens her birthday gift (a wrapped box complete with balloons flying out, a poem to tell her she's going, and a new backpack filled with all of her travel gear/games)!

It's going to be so much fun!
That is such a great idea!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #3113
JM1226
Mouseketeer

Online check in?

Never knew of this? Can someone tell me more about this? I would like to make special room requests ( top floor, away from pool & elevators etc...) Can I do this from online check in? We leave April 6.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #3114
mickeyfan0805
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM1226 View Post
Never knew of this? Can someone tell me more about this? I would like to make special room requests ( top floor, away from pool & elevators etc...) Can I do this from online check in? We leave April 6.
I just checked in for our April trip last week. They did not seem to have the special request options up and running at the moment. You'll need to call in to place those reservations.

Online check-in basically speeds up your arrival. They will have more paperwork ready to go and you'll be able to get in and out of check-in faster.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #3115
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM1226
If those requests are important to you I would call Disney now and have those requests added to your reservation now.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #3116
mnmhouston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
If those requests are important to you I would call Disney now and have those requests added to your reservation now.
I usually send a fax to the resort itself a few days prior and they have the information at check-in. The AoA fax number is 407-938-4040.
5 or 6 times as a kid, no idea when I went or where I stayed NYE 1999 Coronado Springs October 2005 Old Key West November 2006 Pop Century September 2007 Pop Century August 2010 Pop Century August 2011 Pop Century April 2013 AoA LM
Old 03-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #3117
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I usually send a fax to the resort itself a few days prior and they have the information at check-in. The AoA fax number is 407-938-4040.
POR and POFQ are the only resorts that actually read faxed room requests anymore. It is recommended to call and have any requests added to your reservation.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #3118
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Resorts just don't pay any attention to faxed requests...with a few exceptions. We've been told, at the front desk of most resorts (and yes, I ask) if they accept faxed requests. Nope, the paperwork goes directly into the 'circular file'!!
Those that put in request the proper way, via the phone to whomever they originally booked their stay, will have their request looked at.
So, sure go ahead and send in a fax, but that isn't the acceptable (per Disney) way of putting in a request.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #3119
jelaine143
Earning My Ears

15 days out for me! I can't wait!!! LM room here I come!!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #3120
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would be careful doing that now. In the past faxes were the way to go, but now, everything is done in a central location.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: