Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 07:51 AM   #3091
coruth4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo352 View Post
I am traveling there in August with 2, 2 1/2 yr olds, is there any other resorts anyone recommends with kids that little??? And maybe this should be in a different thread but we made reservations for dinner 1 night at chef mickeys, someone just told me it was gross for dinner and to go there for breakfast??? Please help a confused parent who wants to make the Tripp perfect for everyone!!!
We eat at Chef Mickey every trip for dinner as a tradition. It is a standard buffet meal with buffet style food. My only suggestion may be to try & schedule your meal at the beginning of the switch from breakfast to lunch/dinner - so the food is fresh.
We don't find the food any worse than Crystal Palace or any of the other buffets on site.
All Star Music Family Suite December 2009
Pop Century August 2007
Fort Wilderness Campground July 2005
Old 03-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #3092
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am traveling there in August with 2, 2 1/2 yr olds, is there any other resorts anyone recommends with kids that little??? And maybe this should be in a different thread but we made reservations for dinner 1 night at chef mickeys, someone just told me it was gross for dinner and to go there for breakfast??? Please help a confused parent who wants to make the Tripp perfect for everyone!!!
Only you know how picky you and your family members are. Just keep in mind some people here on the DIS fancy themselves to be professional food critics. It's nothing to write home about, but I have never considered it "gross". As the PP said, it is typical buffet food. Fish, chicken, potatoes, broccoli, salad, etc. Kids will have items like pizza, chicken nuggets etc but can choose anything on the buffet they like. No, it's not a gourmet dining experience, but it's not gross.

Chef Mickey is fun and a great family tradition for us.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #3093
1153rsmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As far as the resort goes... I think it depends on what your children like. My kids are much older now, but my DD loves Ariel and my son loves Toy Story. That makes AoA and All-star Movies a good fit for us... however, they have enjoyed every place we have stayed. Each Disney resort has something for everyone to like in my opinion.

As far as Chef Mickey's goes, we have only been once and it was for Breakfast, so I can't speak to dinner. However, as PPs have said, breakfast was your typical buffet breakfast, but we were there mainly for the atmosphere... We would do it again in a heartbeat. We would do dinner as well. The character interaction is pretty good, and that is what really counts... because there are certainly cheaper places to eat near disney.
Senior Trip-off site-April 1985 |Honeymoon -OKW- December 1995 | First Trip with kids - OKW- September 2009 | Trip for DD B-day --AKV- May 2010 | Trip for DS B-Day-OKW-Sept 2011 & 3 Day Disney Dream Cruise | Magic 5 Night Key West-April 2012 | Our First Christmas Party-November 2012 | Mexico cruise on the Wonder-April 2013 | VWL - September 2013 | HHI & BWV for SWW-June 2014
Cast of Characters: DH DW DS (15) DD (12)

Old 03-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #3094
DISvirgin1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydays28 View Post
You know what I would love? A video. Someone start our at the furthest Cars and walk to the buses , them the furthest LM and to the buses , and just let the tape roll. I have mapquested and google mapped it several times and unless someone is walking tiptoe and stopping at every flower, icon and climber, I just can not see how it us 15 minutes from LM to the bus stop. I did the same for the walk from ASSports football rooms to the food court (a room I have stayed in before) and it is still longer than the LM room.
I don't think it took 15 minutes - it did take about 5-7 tops.
February 2013 Second Visit - AoA LM Room
February 2011 First Visit - LBV Best Western
Old 03-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #3095
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

37 more days for us!! My kids are going to be *thrilled* with AoA, I'm sure. They don't even know we're going yet.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 03-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #3096
kimkarli
DIS Veteran

Has anyone had the opportunity to do the drawing lessons offered in the lobby? Is only for little kids? I will be traveling with my daughter, niece & nephew. I think they would like this! 4 more days!!!!!!

July 2006 DD6 & I ASMO,OKW,BWV
Dec. 2007 DD B-day Trip POR
Nov. 2010 Set Sail on the Wonder!!
March 2013 AoA
Old 03-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #3097
Chavaleh
Mouseketeer

66 more days for us. I really hope they're doing the animation lessons when we go and that they're not just aimed at the littles because I have a 14 year old daughter who actually wants to be an animator so I know she'd love it!

Time can go fast enough right now. Wish I could zoom ahead and then just slow that WDW week down.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #3098
kimkarli
DIS Veteran

My DD is 13 and I am hoping the lessons have older and younger kids!! SO won't want to do it if it is only young kids.

July 2006 DD6 & I ASMO,OKW,BWV
Dec. 2007 DD B-day Trip POR
Nov. 2010 Set Sail on the Wonder!!
March 2013 AoA
Old 03-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #3099
jackie311
Earning My Ears

Cribs or pack n' plays?

Hello! I will be staying at AOA next month with my 1 year old (and 3 yr old)and was wondering if anyone knows if they have rollaway cribs or pack n' plays?
Old 03-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #3100
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie311
Hello! I will be staying at AOA next month with my 1 year old (and 3 yr old)and was wondering if anyone knows if they have rollaway cribs or pack n' plays?
Yes, you can request one. I believe it's a pack and play.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
Old 03-05-2013, 06:14 PM   #3101
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Hi all! I do not have a trip planned at this time. But I am unofficially planning a December trip. I have no idea where we are staying yet. I am waiting to see what the 'special offers' are. It's just DH and I so we would want a LM room. Do those EVER go on sale? When/if they offer general public free dining is LM included? Was it last year?

Just curious. I would love to add AOA to my maybe list but its going to be so much more than an All Star (or even a mod if we get free dining) if LM never goes on sale.

Sorry if this has been asked already. i tried going through the entire thread, but decided I should reply anyway so I can start following the thread.

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #3102
mnmhouston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama
37 more days for us!! My kids are going to be *thrilled* with AoA, I'm sure. They don't even know we're going yet.
We're at 40 days and mine don't know yet either. We've been many times but this is the first surprise trip (if I can keep my mouth shut for 40 more days)!

Enjoy!
5 or 6 times as a kid, no idea when I went or where I stayed NYE 1999 Coronado Springs October 2005 Old Key West November 2006 Pop Century September 2007 Pop Century August 2010 Pop Century August 2011 Pop Century April 2013 AoA LM
Old 03-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #3103
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post
Hi all! I do not have a trip planned at this time. But I am unofficially planning a December trip. I have no idea where we are staying yet. I am waiting to see what the 'special offers' are. It's just DH and I so we would want a LM room. Do those EVER go on sale? When/if they offer general public free dining is LM included? Was it last year?

Just curious. I would love to add AOA to my maybe list but its going to be so much more than an All Star (or even a mod if we get free dining) if LM never goes on sale.

Sorry if this has been asked already. i tried going through the entire thread, but decided I should reply anyway so I can start following the thread.
This subject has been lamented at length and to answer the question "Do those (LM rooms) ever go on sale?" The answer is yes. We were able to book the LM rooms with free dining when LM first opened in Sept 2012. No bounceback offer was made. However they were not included in subsequent Dining promotions. Promotions are only necessary to fill rooms. Keep watching as new promotions are announced, it is possible that a discount of some kind may once again be associated with LM. Perhaps as interest wains in this newest resort.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Old 03-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #3104
sunnydays28
Mouseketeer

The only discount I have seen in the almost 1 year of tracking AoA and LM since last fall is through AAA.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #3105
CuseWazowski
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo352
We do Chef Mickey's for dinner and do fine. It's good for adults and kids. Nothing fancy, but it has carving stations, a fish, a pasta choice, nice salad bar with shrimp cocktail, a dessert bar, and kids' choices - nuggets, pizza, mac & cheese. We go as close to the 5:00 opening time as possible, just because that's when we eat at home. It's far from gross, though, based on my multiple experiences and my opinion.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: