Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 10:14 AM   #2941
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquelover View Post
Showed DW the Little Mermaid family suite (requested by my DDs) and she thinks the room is way too "loud" and she might not be able to unwind in there at night. Anyone feel this way on a stay there with the room decor/furnishings?
Did you mean NEMO? Little Mermaid Section is the standard rooms.

I don't like over the top icon decorating but the inside of the rooms were fine. A little more garrish than I like but not annoying enough to keep me from vegging out. I was fine in the room. Well except the shower. That dark tile made me feel like I was taking a shower in a very small dark cave.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

Old 02-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #2942
DanaMark3boys
Earning My Ears

I think that's all a personal decision.

For me- when I go to Disney I love over the top decor! The cheesier the better for me! Hahaha
We haven't stayed here yet but we've done most of the values and have never had an issue
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 11:08 AM   #2943
Jays2013
Mouseketeer

Same with us. We love the over-the-top decor. You can stay in a bland hotel anywhere.

When doing online check-in, what requests are you allowed to make? We're in a Finding Nemo suite.

Me DH DS1 (9) DS2 (5)

---
April 2013 Art of Animation Nemo
Feb. 2006 Pop Century
Nov. 2003 Coronado
Sept. 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge (honeymoon!)
Three trips as a child,
including one stay at Port Orleans French Quarter
Old 02-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #2944
LSANTI
Earning My Ears

Anyone at AOA now we were there and I fell in love with the sweet white tea at the drink stations can anyone tell me the name of the tea

Thanks so much!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #2945
DisneyFEB2013
Mouseketeer

Loved AOA!!

We stayed at AOA/Finding Nemo last week for one night at the tail end of our trip. The previous 9 nights we stayed in the Wilderness Lodge. We were blown away with AOA. It is a beautiful resort, the kids loved the pool and you cannot help but feel the magic around you. We decided that we will visit again next year and stay at AOA, but might try Cars this time. While we liked Wilderness Lodge, we did not feel the $350+ a night price tag was worth it. Plus the rooms were pretty small. We loved the space in the AOA suites. DH liked that we could put the kids to bed and then hang out in the bedroom and watch tv without disturbing the little ones. One thing that surprised me was that the carpets in the hallways were already stained and dirty. For such a new hotel, that surprised me. I know there has been some discussion on here about the a/c. I found the rooms cooled well and we did not have an issue. We both said that the one regret of our trip was that we did not stay at AOA the entire time!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #2946
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Pretty excited we just decided to fly into Orlando a night early, so we booked a room only in the little mermaid section at AoA for the night! I'm keeping this a secret from my DS!!! I am going to let him think we are still flying in on the orginal day we were supposed to leave and just surprise him the day we are now leaving. He is going to flip when he finds out we are staying at AoA for the night! That is were he wanted to stay this trip, but since we are there for 9 nights, I wanted to stay somewhere a little nicer. Looks like we both got what we wanted! Can't wait!
Old 02-14-2013, 01:28 PM   #2947
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSANTI
Anyone at AOA now we were there and I fell in love with the sweet white tea at the drink stations can anyone tell me the name of the tea

Thanks so much!
Gold Peak Tea. It's a Coke brand.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 02-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #2948
mommakacie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
Did you mean NEMO? Little Mermaid Section is the standard rooms.

I don't like over the top icon decorating but the inside of the rooms were fine. A little more garrish than I like but not annoying enough to keep me from vegging out. I was fine in the room. Well except the shower. That dark tile made me feel like I was taking a shower in a very small dark cave.
I believe there are some suites in the LM section, not just standard rooms.

10/04 - All Star Music, 04/06 - Pop Century
06/08 - All Star Movies, 12/10 - POFQ
02/12 - POR, 04/13 - BC
Old 02-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #2949
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakacie View Post
This is the first I'm hearing about this. Everything I've ever seen about AoA is that LM is rooms only, every other section is suites.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #2950
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakacie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
This is the first I'm hearing about this. Everything I've ever seen about AoA is that LM is rooms only, every other section is suites.
No suites in the LM section. Only standard rooms. The LM section is made up of the buildings that were started a decade ago when POP was going to have the Legendary Years. So they match the POP standard rooms in size and configuration. The other three areas are Suites with no standard rooms in those buildings.

People were complaing at the opening because they had girls and wanted FS options or they needed a standard but only had boys who didn't want to be in a 'girly' room. It would have made sense to have a little bit of options but that's just how they did it.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

Old 02-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #2951
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
No suites in the LM section. Only standard rooms. The LM section is made up of the buildings that were started a decade ago when POP was going to have the Legendary Years. So they match the POP standard rooms in size and configuration. The other three areas are Suites with no standard rooms in those buildings.

People were complaing at the opening because they had girls and wanted FS options or they needed a standard but only had boys who didn't want to be in a 'girly' room. It would have made sense to have a little bit of options but that's just how they did it.
Yes I know. But the LM rooms are listed as 277 square feet and the other Value resort rooms are 260. I don't know how they squeezed an additional 17 sq ft out of the LM rooms. Maybe the walls are thinner. That extra 17 sq ft doesn't make them suites though.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:40 PM   #2952
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

No LM suites......and no standard rooms in the other 3 sections.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using DISBoards
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 02-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #2953
mickeyfan0805
Mouseketeer

Room request and other options?

Preparing to check-in for our trip (just at the 60 day window now)...

We're booked for Cars. I'm thinking building 1 or 3, ground floor, pool side, as our request. This looks like good access to the pool and the main hall. Is there anything else I should consider in the room request?

We'll also be requesting bed rails for the table/bed.

Is there anything else I should be considering prior to checking in?
Old 02-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #2954
minerva78
Mouseketeer

I haven't read through this entire thread yet, but I was wondering if anyone had actually done a split stay at this same resort, with part of your time in a LM room and part of the time in a suite?

My latest hairbrained idea is to possibly book 3 nights in a LM room and 4 nights in a Nemo suite. We're not planning to go until next year, so I'm still a few months away from being able to book something, but I keep coming back to looking at pics of this resort because I love the theme! We are a family of 4 and my girls will be 5 and 6 1/2 when we go. They would love the LM room - they've already fallen in love with the pics they've seen me look at on the computer. But Mommy loves the idea of having more space, a separate bedroom, a coffee pot and microwave in the room, and being closer to the food court. I thought splitting a stay at the same resort would be more convenient than splitting at another resort, and not doing a full week in a suite would make it much more affordable. Anyone done this or think it could be a good idea?
Old 02-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #2955
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minerva78
I haven't read through this entire thread yet, but I was wondering if anyone had actually done a split stay at this same resort, with part of your time in a LM room and part of the time in a suite?

My latest hairbrained idea is to possibly book 3 nights in a LM room and 4 nights in a Nemo suite. We're not planning to go until next year, so I'm still a few months away from being able to book something, but I keep coming back to looking at pics of this resort because I love the theme! We are a family of 4 and my girls will be 5 and 6 1/2 when we go. They would love the LM room - they've already fallen in love with the pics they've seen me look at on the computer. But Mommy loves the idea of having more space, a separate bedroom, a coffee pot and microwave in the room, and being closer to the food court. I thought splitting a stay at the same resort would be more convenient than splitting at another resort, and not doing a full week in a suite would make it much more affordable. Anyone done this or think it could be a good idea?
I haven't done it, but it's a perfectly fine idea. Once you move to a suite you will really appreciate all of the extra space!
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: