Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 08:41 AM   #2701
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbcanada View Post
Thanks, do you know if we can do it online somehow?
Not as of right now.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #2702
OceanStateKelly
Mouseketeer

Would anybody know the FAX # to the AOA.. I can't seem to find it anywhere..
thanks

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #2703
Kassidysdad
Mouseketeer

Fax

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanstatekelly View Post
would anybody know the fax # to the aoa.. I can't seem to find it anywhere..
Thanks
407-938-4040
Old 01-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #2704
Aimros
Zip a dee doo dah!

DH and I just got back from a 4 night stay at AoA. We stayed in LM, Building 7 (Ursula). We had requested a king size bed and received our request . We were on the first floor, right near the pool. We loved the resort, although I did think the theming at LM was not as well thought out as the other sections, and in my opinion was a bit 'tacky' compared to the others (I'm not a big fan of the giant characters, and IMO the LM characters are a bit more extreme than in LK or Nemo or Cars). Anyway, we liked our room nonetheless, it was big enough for the both of us and I thought the amenities were much nicer than in any of the other value resorts we have stayed at. The bathroom area was my favorite - I loved the counter on the sink, the stone tile floor, and the shower was fantastic. The fridge was great, and I loved the seashell chairs. The walk to the main building was not bad at all (maybe 5 minutes), although we did not use buses as we had a car so it might get tiring walking back and forth more often. My only complaint is that the rooms were not very soundproof - since we were right near the pool it was a bit loud at some times, and you could see the light from the outside coming through the door (did not seem very efficient to me). Anyway, we liked AoA and would probably stay again, although a moderate would still be our first choice.

CBR x 3 ~ POP x 1 ~ CSR x 2 ~ POR x 1 ~ AOA x 1 ~ AKL x 1
Old 01-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #2705
OceanStateKelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassidysdad View Post
407-938-4040
thanks

Old 01-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #2706
Males1011
Earning My Ears

October 2012

DGF and I went there for our first vacation together, and I gotta say this is my favorite value resort. Honestly, for just the two of us with a king bed, the room was more than accommodating. The entire resort really was something to take in, imho. The food court, granted busy at times, was far better than any other value resort (Heck, even some places in the parks!). I really could go for one of their meatball sammichs, now that I'm talking about AoA...

As for the themeing in the LM section, I liked it. It really felt like we were just little fish in their big world! I think they did a good job converting the leftovers from the PC expansion. Heck, the day of our arrival, we spent the time waiting for our room to be ready touring the resort. Lots of photo ops

DGF and I will be coming back here next February for her birthday visit, and we really can't wait.

Jonathan (29)~! Cheryl (DGF24)
Old 01-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #2707
bluezy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyBlueEyes View Post
I'm sorry if this was asked before, my eyes are crossing from reading all of the posts. Lol
In the Little Mermaid standard room is the sink inside the bathroom or outside of the door (in a room with double beds)? On the first post of this thread, the map layout shows one big bathroom with the sink inside. However, in the picture the sink is outside of the bathroom (like at Pop). It's not the End All Be All but it's nice to have the sink on the outside so I can hog it up and not tie up the bathroom.
Thanks!
From the pictures/videos I've seen, I believe a standard Little Mermaid room has the sink outside of the bathroom. In the barrier-free/accessible rooms it is in the bathroom.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #2708
1153rsmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezy View Post
From the pictures/videos I've seen, I believe a standard Little Mermaid room has the sink outside of the bathroom. In the barrier-free/accessible rooms it is in the bathroom.
I can confirm the sink is outside the bathroom. It is in an area that has a privacy curtain that can be pulled, but it is NOT in the same room as the toilet and tub.

We were in building 8 in November. Liked the rooms, but they are on the small side.
Senior Trip-off site-April 1985 |Honeymoon -OKW- December 1995 | First Trip with kids - OKW- September 2009 | Trip for DD B-day --AKV- May 2010 | Trip for DS B-Day-OKW-Sept 2011 & 3 Day Disney Dream Cruise | Magic 5 Night Key West-April 2012 | Our First Christmas Party-November 2012 | Mexico cruise on the Wonder-April 2013 | VWL - September 2013 | HHI & BWV for SWW-June 2014
Cast of Characters: DH DW DS (15) DD (12)

Old 01-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #2709
JessiMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanStateKelly View Post
Would anybody know the FAX # to the AOA.. I can't seem to find it anywhere..
thanks
Does AOA accept fax room requests?

Just back from a fabulous 8 days!
AKL ~ September 14-21, 2013
Old 01-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #2710
mom2cgj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbcanada View Post
Thanks, do you know if we can do it online somehow?
I was able to do online check in through the new website, and it had a place for room requests. This was last week. However, there are still people who can't get through with the new website.

AoA Cars - Jan. 2015 - Pre Trip Report:There's No Such Thing As Too Much Planning!

AoA Lion King - Jan. 2013 5 Newbies Visit the World!!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #2711
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessiMommy View Post
Does AOA accept fax room requests?
I think the prevailing advice for all resorts is that it's better to call and add your room requests to your reservation. Faxing requests used to be recommended (I think; I never did it) but I think it's deemed not (or as) effective anymore.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
Old 01-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #2712
dmbcanada
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2cgj View Post
I was able to do online check in through the new website, and it had a place for room requests. This was last week. However, there are still people who can't get through with the new website.
I tried making a room request when I made my reservation as they had a space for it, but it wouldn't let me type anything in the box. I guess I will have to call or wait to online check-in.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #2713
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

How quickly do you think the LM rooms fill up? I was playing around on the wdw site and a lot of dates at easter were filled. I don't want to make my reservation for August yet b/c I feel that it hurts my chances for a pin code. We're doing a split stay so even though I can't use it for AOA, it would be nice to have for CSR.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
Old 01-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #2714
Rychelle924
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJN

I would request building 6 - view of lake. In the other building, you could end up with a room facing the parking lot.
Thank you!!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #2715
Rychelle924
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamfan14

Request either building 10 courtyard view or building 6 lake or courtyard view. To avoid the parking lot and probably some noise from the buses as well.
Great!! Ill def request either of those! Thanks!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: