Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #2581
KMcCP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyguyz

It's a crab cake with fried shrimp on top. Very messy, but sooooo yummy. I had it twice when we stayed there in November.
I had this too- it was very good. Fish from a food court always worries me but it was delish. Coral reef on the other hand had me in the bathroom the last night of our trip. Go figure!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #2582
luvmyguyz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 YOUNG kids View Post
Would it be convenient at all for my sister to be in LM and me in Lion King? Like building 9 and 10?? We are traveling together but my family is 6 people while hers is only 4. She is on a really TIGHT budget! Our other option is POR with REQUESTED connecting rooms but I don't want to be in a double bed (hard enough to concede with a queen for me and DH). Thanks for any insight!
Keep in mind that you are not guaranteed to get specific requested buildings, but I think you'll be fine regardless. Lion King doesn't have its own pool so you'll have to go to either the Nemo pool or LM pool to swim anyway. And you can always meet up at the Main Bldg before heading out to the buses. My cousins stayed at Pop and we were in LM rooms at AoA and we had no problem meeting up with them.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #2583
luvmyguyz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcCP View Post
I had this too- it was very good. Fish from a food court always worries me but it was delish. Coral reef on the other hand had me in the bathroom the last night of our trip. Go figure!
Yikes that is no fun! I haven't eaten at Coral Reef. (I can't quite get around the awkwardness of eating seafood while other fish are watching me - feels like eating a burger on a cattle ranch. LOL - I'm not a vegetarian, but would prefer not to be reminded that what I'm eating was once breathing.

Now thinking i will continue to avoid that restaurant altogether.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #2584
kasedroz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana2Callie

So really how far is the walk with small kids? We usually go down for breakfast and then back to our room to dress for parks and then to bus stop. Thanks,
We were just there last month for a 5 night stay, we have a 3 year old and an 8 yr. We were in building 7 that had a lake view. but we were the last room on the second floor of the building. Our 3 year old did the walk in the morning, but was way too wiped by the end of the to walk back. Honestly she was up on Daddy's back asleep on our late nights out. Definitely bring a stroller, I completely forgot ours and we ended up renting one because she was so tired! WE also did the walk over to POP from our building to see if it was quicker, it wasn't but gave use a view of POP.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 01-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #2585
JessiMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 YOUNG kids View Post
Would it be convenient at all for my sister to be in LM and me in Lion King? Like building 9 and 10?? We are traveling together but my family is 6 people while hers is only 4. She is on a really TIGHT budget! Our other option is POR with REQUESTED connecting rooms but I don't want to be in a double bed (hard enough to concede with a queen for me and DH). Thanks for any insight!
Not sure about the building 9-10 question but POR does not have double beds. They are all queen now after the refurb in 2011-2012.

Most recent visits...
AKL ~ September 14-21, 2013
AoA ~ January 27-February 3, 2013
POR ~ November 10-17, 2012
Old 01-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #2586
locura79
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
Try mydisneyreservation
Thanks for the tip! I was able to check in but not request any preferences. I guess it's better than nothing.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #2587
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by locura79

Thanks for the tip! I was able to check in but not request any preferences. I guess it's better than nothing.
I would call Disney reservations with any room requests. You cant include those preferences when checking in online.

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ; 5/2015 - WL
Old 01-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #2588
disneydreamfan14
See Ya Real Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locura79 View Post
Yes, definitely call if you want a specific view/room. Enjoy your trip!
Disney Cruise Line
•2011 - Disney Dream 3-night Bahamas
Disneyland
•2012 - Day Trip
Old 01-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #2589
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the wifi is good anywhere in the LM section? I can't connect any of my devices in the room I'm currently in and I'm considering asking for a different room, but if it won't help then I don't want to go through packing and unpacking again...

(Exact trip dates a work-in-progress!)
Old 01-11-2013, 06:58 AM   #2590
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire

I would call Disney reservations with any room requests. You cant include those preferences when checking in online.
You can with the "new" system, but it doesn't seem to work most of the time. I was able to request a location for both of our reservations this week during online check-in, but others have had trouble.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #2591
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnhaze View Post
Does anyone know if the wifi is good anywhere in the LM section? I can't connect any of my devices in the room I'm currently in and I'm considering asking for a different room, but if it won't help then I don't want to go through packing and unpacking again...
I had no issues with the wifi, but my t-mobile service didn't work in my room at all. It was even iffy outdoors in that area. Not sure about the rest of the resort since I pretty much gave up on it. That was very frustrating.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:08 AM   #2592
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

I had no issues with the wifi, but my t-mobile service didn't work in my room at all. It was even iffy outdoors in that area. Not sure about the rest of the resort since I pretty much gave up on it. That was very frustrating.
I get AT&T service in common areas - even when I stand right outside my door. But in the room, nothing. My Verizon iPad picks up a signal in the room but only 3G, not LTE, which it gets fine outdoors. I think the buildings must be made of lead!

As far as the wifi goes, I called the help desk again and they said they'd reboot some things and it should work. It still doesn't - my devices can see the network (sometimes) and even get assigned an IP address, but the connection won't complete so DNS fails. I think I'm just in a bad area for wifi coverage and I'm going to request a different room when I get back from breakfast. Shame, because the location is just what I wanted.

(Exact trip dates a work-in-progress!)
Old 01-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #2593
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnhaze View Post
I get AT&T service in common areas - even when I stand right outside my door. But in the room, nothing. My Verizon iPad picks up a signal in the room but only 3G, not LTE, which it gets fine outdoors. I think the buildings must be made of lead!

As far as the wifi goes, I called the help desk again and they said they'd reboot some things and it should work. It still doesn't - my devices can see the network (sometimes) and even get assigned an IP address, but the connection won't complete so DNS fails. I think I'm just in a bad area for wifi coverage and I'm going to request a different room when I get back from breakfast. Shame, because the location is just what I wanted.
I sure hope they figure this out for you.

Once they go to Fastpass+ and make everyone more tied than ever to their electronic devices, this will only get more frustrating.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #2594
rymahoney
Mouseketeer

My wifi in LM room worked great. Standard cell service was fine for making calls and FaceTime. I did disconnect during face time once.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:58 AM   #2595
TT4Dis
Mouseketeer

Food Court opening

We are 70 days out today. Our first MK day has am emh at 8am, but easywdw predicts that may be backed up to 7am due to heavy crowds. If it is backed up to 7am and buses start running at 6am we won't be able to eat breakfast at resort unless we just grab something, correct? How far past 7 should we expect to get to the park if we ate a quick, but hot breakfast at the resort and then used buses? If we could eat right at 6 and catch a bus by 6:30 then I would prefer that but if it's going to be closer to 7 before we could catch a bus I'd rather give kids a snack and snack again at MK to hold kids off until our lunch ADR. This is our first time staying at a value and using dis world bus system so this is all new to me. Thanks for your help!

Nov 28-Dec 4, 2010 CR

June 7-16, 2012 Offsite
March 23-28, 2013 AoA LM
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: