Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #2536
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGlowing View Post
DH and I just stayed in a suite with my parents and they're very roomy. The suites basically have three rooms plus two bathrooms: One private bedroom with a private bathroom, then the living area/table-bed area with convertible bed and convertible sofa and the second bathroom. Check out one of the many YouTube videos of the suites for a look at them to see how roomy they are.
Ok, I checked out a few videos, they definitely look roomy. I do have a question: is there a curtain or anything that pulls between the table bed section and the "living" area section with the pull-out couch? It doesn't look like there is in the videos, but I couldn't tell for sure. Also, is the door to the suite located near the table area? And I assume that's the only door, right? (there's not one leading out to the hallway from the master bedroom?)

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #2537
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieanddanny View Post
I wish! They are actually quite a bit more than moderate resort. Especially when the mods have discounts....
we could actually switch to AKL and SAVE $400 for our trip in April AoA prices are *definitely* more than the mods.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #2538
polyfor4
Mouseketeer

There's no curtain between the two living areas but the layout keeps them feeling separate. Also the door to the private bedroom is by the table and chairs, plenty of space though.

May 2014 BWI/ Poly CL
May 2013 AoA/ Poly CL Nov 2013 Pop
Sept 2012 AoA May 2012 Pop/ Poly Feb 2012 POR
May 2011 Pop/ Poly April 2011 CSR
Dec 2010 POR May 2010 POR
Dec 2009 CBR May 2009 Poly March 2009 POR

Old 01-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #2539
snowang
Earning My Ears

Spring Break 2013

Hi all! I'm planning a trip for my family of 2 adults and 2 children (3 and 5) for 4/2 to 4/7/13 and although the AoA family suite sounds like a great idea, the rate is not something I can easily afford ($477/day). I couldn't find any special discount available on the reservation site. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place. Can someone give me a hint?

We originally checked out Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort because of the space and cost, but that is also unavailable for our dates. For a reasonably priced one-bedroom suite (preferably with at least a kitchenette and pools with sandy beaches), which resorts would be our best bets, either in or outside of Disney? Or are we simply too late in the game to get anything of that criteria?
Old 01-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #2540
tarzansmom
I would rather be at Walt Disney World!

We are considering AoA for our next stay. We have stayed at POP 3 times and loved the atmosphere, thought the food court was fine but a little crowded, didn't mind the busses, only complaint was the beds weren't as comfy. We have also stayed at POR, CBR, CSR, and WL. I am weird but of all our stays POP seemed the most disney to me. My son has never stayed at a value and I think he would like the larger than life icons. He does swim but really didn't take advantage of slides. He did love the pirate pool at CBR though. My biggest issue is that we are a family of 3 and only have the one son. DH thinks the little mermaid rooms will be to girly but I think who cares we are at disney. Also think we can enjoy the theming of the outdoor areas regardless of what room we are in. I know DS would love cars theme but I can't see paying more than double for the three of us just for a different room theme at the same resort. What do you guys think? LM to girly?

2003- POR * 2005- POP * 2006- POP * 2008- POP/CSR * 2010- WL * 2011- CBR * 2013-?
Old 01-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #2541
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowang View Post
Hi all! I'm planning a trip for my family of 2 adults and 2 children (3 and 5) for 4/2 to 4/7/13 and although the AoA family suite sounds like a great idea, the rate is not something I can easily afford ($477/day). I couldn't find any special discount available on the reservation site. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place. Can someone give me a hint?

We originally checked out Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort because of the space and cost, but that is also unavailable for our dates. For a reasonably priced one-bedroom suite (preferably with at least a kitchenette and pools with sandy beaches), which resorts would be our best bets, either in or outside of Disney? Or are we simply too late in the game to get anything of that criteria?
AoA is coming up $360/nt. with the spring discount. ASMU family suites would be cheaper at $299/nt.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 01-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #2542
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfor4 View Post
There's no curtain between the two living areas but the layout keeps them feeling separate. Also the door to the private bedroom is by the table and chairs, plenty of space though.
Thank you!!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #2543
rizzo0904
Mouseketeer

Wow, now I feel a lot better about my $193/night!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #2544
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzansmom View Post
We are considering AoA for our next stay. We have stayed at POP 3 times and loved the atmosphere, thought the food court was fine but a little crowded, didn't mind the busses, only complaint was the beds weren't as comfy. We have also stayed at POR, CBR, CSR, and WL. I am weird but of all our stays POP seemed the most disney to me. My son has never stayed at a value and I think he would like the larger than life icons. He does swim but really didn't take advantage of slides. He did love the pirate pool at CBR though. My biggest issue is that we are a family of 3 and only have the one son. DH thinks the little mermaid rooms will be to girly but I think who cares we are at disney. Also think we can enjoy the theming of the outdoor areas regardless of what room we are in. I know DS would love cars theme but I can't see paying more than double for the three of us just for a different room theme at the same resort. What do you guys think? LM to girly?
Like you I'd pick a Cars suite if money were no object, but in reality the price point difference is huge. The LM rooms are decorated to be Disney rooms, not girl rooms, and so I think your thinking is right -- you're at Disney in a themed room, and so if you really want to stay at AoA the standard Little Mermaid rooms are the way to go. Besides, will you avoid riding the new Little Mermaid attraction because it's too girly?

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 01-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #2545
tarzansmom
I would rather be at Walt Disney World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash

Like you I'd pick a Cars suite if money were no object, but in reality the price point difference is huge. The LM rooms are decorated to be Disney rooms, not girl rooms, and so I think your thinking is right -- you're at Disney in a themed room, and so if you really want to stay at AoA the standard Little Mermaid rooms are the way to go. Besides, will you avoid riding the new Little Mermaid attraction because it's too girly?
Heck no. I love little mermaid. My son has seen all the princess movies because I watch them. Any idea how much of a walk they are to busses, food court, etc? My husband says they look quite far and that is his other objection. He wants to stay at pop again. People help me change his mind.

2003- POR * 2005- POP * 2006- POP * 2008- POP/CSR * 2010- WL * 2011- CBR * 2013-?
Old 01-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #2546
emsmommy323
Mouseketeer

Hi, I'm sure this question has been answered before but I haven't found an answer yet. Are standard rooms only available in the Little Mermaid theme? Anytime I do a search for rooms on the reservations page, the only room theme that comes up for standard is LM.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #2547
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

Are there two full baths in the Family Suites at AoA? From the diagrams I'm seeing it seems to be only one full bath (w/tub and shower) and another 1/2 bath (toilet and sink only)?

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
Old 01-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #2548
whitney37354
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323 View Post
Hi, I'm sure this question has been answered before but I haven't found an answer yet. Are standard rooms only available in the Little Mermaid theme? Anytime I do a search for rooms on the reservations page, the only room theme that comes up for standard is LM.
Yes. All other themes are suites.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #2549
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKsMom View Post
Are there two full baths in the Family Suites at AoA? From the diagrams I'm seeing it seems to be only one full bath (w/tub and shower) and another 1/2 bath (toilet and sink only)?
It's two full baths -- one has a tub, one has a walk-in shower.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 01-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #2550
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

Thank you for clarifying!

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: