Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #2491
The V Gang
The V Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
None of the values have had towels at the pool when we've stayed. We've never had an issue though. We always bring the ones that are in our room and call housekeeping to bring more. By the time we're back in the room, there's a fresh load of towels.
Thanks! I was worried about having to chase down towels. I'm still contemplating on visiting AoA or just booking two moderate rooms for about the same price. What would you recommend?
Old 01-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #2492
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by The V Gang View Post
My family is planning on staying at the AoA in April. We've always stayed at Deluxe resorts except for our last visit which was two rooms in POR. While we thought POR was nice I did not like the outdoor walk ways and the distance from the mansion rooms to the food court. Also wasn't thrilled about walking thru a parking lot to get to the nearest bus stop.

We have 5 kids (9,8,6,5,1) and while POR and AoA are similar in cost, we figured we would try AoA since we are in no hurry to return to POR. I'm so nervous about some of the reviews I've heard about having to use bath towels at the pool and having a hard time getting fresh towels.

Can anyone who has visited AoA recently tell me about their experiance with towel service? Did you have to go to the front desk to get fresh towels? Was housekeeping responsive? Did having to bring towels down from your room put a damper on the vacation feel (we would need to drag 7 towels down..aghhh)? Any suggestions?

Do the other value resorts do the same thing? I can't understand why Disney wouldn't supply towels poolside. One way or another guests will need fresh towels to bathe.

Thank you in advance!
none of the quiet pools at any of the moderate resorts have towels either. only the main pools. during the day, you can always find a housekeeping cart (or 2 or 3) on each floor somewhere around the building.. just ask the maid, she'll give you towels.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #2493
smidgy
dimples

hhmm. you'll have more sleeping space with the 2 rooms (sleeping for 8), but with the suite, you'll also have the microwave and toaster. oh yeah, with 2 rooms, you'll have 2 fridges,

2 bathrooms for both.. ah! but at AOA, you'll have a bigger table during the day. tough call. (ot of help, aren't I?)

the water play area at CBR is only for those 48" and shorter, 2 or 3 of your kids would be of the age. there are little slides, a kiddie slide at the main pool and there is a bigger slide for the older kids. no slide at AOA.
but AOA is so bright and colorful and cute! maybe I would try that while the kids are still young enought to like it.

oh, another thought, your 1 year old can go in a pack and play now. not too long before he won't and then you'll have 1 person too many to fit in the sutie. while you'll always be able to fit in the 2 rooms at a moderate.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #2494
mummabear
DIS Veteran

A couple of more question about the refillable mugs (for some reason I thought they were included)-we have 2 bookings back to back can we use it across both bookings? And does anyone know how much the drinks are to buy normally?
Old 01-03-2013, 12:01 AM   #2495
smidgy
dimples

I don't know how much drinks cost out of pocket. most of the dining plan packages include the refillable mugs.

the mugs are not refillable in the parks, only the resorts.

It you are on vacation at a WDW resort, and purchase a mug, they allow you to use that mug for your entire WDW vacation. they actually encourage you to split your stay amongst different resorts (usually spending more money by spliting your stay between a cheaper resort and a mroe expensive resort.) they will even transfer your luggage for you from one resort to another, free of charge!! (it's nice to tip bell services, though)
Old 01-03-2013, 07:05 AM   #2496
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

January 2013 movie schedule

From Janet B on the Pop FAQ thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
POP Century Resort

7:00PM - By the Hippy Dippy Pool

Sunday - Toy Story
Monday -Tinker Bell: Secret of the Wing
Tuesday - Brave
Wednesday - Monsters, Inc
Thursday - Up
Friday - Phinneas & Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Saturday - Alice in Wonderland

Art of Animation

7:00PM - By the Big Blue Pool

Sunday - Tangled
Monday -Tinker Bell: Secret of the Wing
Tuesday - Brave
Wednesday - Hercules
Thursday - A Goofy Movie
Friday - Finding Nemo
Saturday -The Princess and the Frog

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 01-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #2497
kasedroz
Mouseketeer

Already Planning Next Trip!

We returned home Dec. 23rd from our trip and stay at AoA. I've got to say I'm a FAN! I loved it! In fact we are planning our next trip already and staying at AoA again. Being use to staying at Bonnett Creek because we own a timeshare there compared to staying at AoA LM room, we did feel a bit cramped. But my DD's love Ariel and we knew there was no way getting around staying in that room. We got use to it after a while and I loved the decor, the shower was my absolute favorite part in the whole place! The walk to the main building was a bit rough on my youngest DD who's 3 and sadly I forgot our stroller!

The food court was great, everything we had was just fantastic. DD's and myself tend to be picky eaters and we had no problems finding anything to eat! DH was in heaven in the food court, he loved that there were several things that you wouldn't normally find in a food court like that. We would normally eat breakfast around 9ish and be so full that we would normally not have to eat lunch just have a snack, since all our dinner reservations were kinda early due to the MVMCP. Which we did have BOG reservations and I have to say that was all of ours favorite place to eat.

I didn't go swimming with the family, I stayed and did laundry. They had a late night swim in the LM pool. DH says he doesn't think that heater was working because it was kinda cool when they got in and took a while to get use to it. We never made it to the Finding Nemo pool, we were only there 5 days and were pretty booked up. Next trip will find more time to just chill out around the resort.

A lot of people here have complained about the bus system, but we never had to wait more than 20 minutes for a bus. The one time we waited that long was at AK and I think something happened because they had someone from another resort who had an empty bus and had been waiting for 5-10 minutes switch over and take us back to the resort. But even after the MVMCP on Friday we were able to get seated on the first bus.

We are planning our next visit for after Christmas this year instead of before, as of right now we are returning to AoA and probably will continue to stay there unless we go with several family members and then we'll stay at one of the Deluxe resorts.

Also side note, if you're in Downtown Disney or checking out the Grand Floridian resort go to Basin. The soap, body butter, bath salt and bombs are just wonderful. It make me sad that the closest ones are in Orlando but I guess I'll settle for ordering online because there's no way I can wait several months once my supply runs out!

Old 01-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #2498
TrueEeyore
won't you please .. won't you please .. please won't you be .. my tag friend

I have a question. Is the master bedroom mostly sound proof? I ask because we're thinking of staying in a suite with my in-laws and they SNORE terribly. We stayed in a regular room with them years ago and I said I'd never do it again, even if the trip were free. I didn't get any sleep! So do you think the snoring would be an issue or should be just book two separate rooms?

I know it's a weird question but it's honesly a deal breaker for me. The snoring is that bad, I promise you.
NEW! "Where's My Water?" April 2013 Trip Report - In progress|Dasani in Disney. Let's do it again! September '11 Trip Report!- Complete!|Dasani Girl is back in the World with a baby!!...and pregnant again! January 2010 Trip Report - Complete!|Taking on the World...Pregnant! January 09 TR - Complete!|Panama City Beach Report! << Now it's a baby report!|Attack of the Dasani and Lots of pictures! January 08Trip Report! -Complete!
I miss you Jasper R.I.P 07/21/01 - 06/13/07
Old 01-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #2499
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran

I'm booking a room for the fall and the only option it's giving me is "Themed Family Suite". I have no problem booking my room this way but was wondering if during Online Check In if it gives you the option to request a specific section. I don't mind calling and requesting, but if there is no need to call...
Old 01-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #2500
SarahJN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueEeyore View Post
I have a question. Is the master bedroom mostly sound proof? I ask because we're thinking of staying in a suite with my in-laws and they SNORE terribly. We stayed in a regular room with them years ago and I said I'd never do it again, even if the trip were free. I didn't get any sleep! So do you think the snoring would be an issue or should be just book two separate rooms?

I know it's a weird question but it's honesly a deal breaker for me. The snoring is that bad, I promise you.
It's not sound proof. You will be able to hear some noise from the bedroom. If the snoring is that bad, then I'm guessing you will most likely be able to hear it.

Read my trip reports!

Old 01-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #2501
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfish78 View Post
I'm booking a room for the fall and the only option it's giving me is "Themed Family Suite". I have no problem booking my room this way but was wondering if during Online Check In if it gives you the option to request a specific section. I don't mind calling and requesting, but if there is no need to call...
I have found that during online check-in is NOT the time/place to make requests. It's much better to call and have your requests added to your reservation.

One caveat, if the new website ever gets straightened out maybe online check-in will actually allow such requests. In the past, no go.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #2502
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfish78 View Post
I don't have direct experience with this, but my speculation/guess is that because it's possible to specifically reserve Cars, Finding Nemo, or Lion King suites that the online check-in options don't list these as choices. So if you end up reserved "Themed" I would advise calling with the section request.

Interesting that for your plans the specific section choices aren't available. I did a quick check on some random October dates and the suite choices were Cars, Nemo, Lion King or generic "Themed" as you are seeing.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 01-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #2503
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
I don't have direct experience with this, but my speculation/guess is that because it's possible to specifically reserve Cars, Finding Nemo, or Lion King suites that the online check-in options don't list these as choices. So if you end up reserved "Themed" I would advise calling with the section request.

Interesting that for your plans the specific section choices aren't available. I did a quick check on some random October dates and the suite choices were Cars, Nemo, Lion King or generic "Themed" as you are seeing.
I qualify for a special rate through my work and that is the only option provided to me for my dates. I'll add in the request at booking.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #2504
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

Any updates on the thermostat situation from people who have recently stayed?
Old 01-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #2505
1153rsmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie123 View Post
Any updates on the thermostat situation from people who have recently stayed?
We tried the baloon in the room, but I couldn't really tell a difference. It seems that everything is on a motion detector and the baloon would not move enough to keep everything going.

That being said, we stayed comfortable, but we certainly could not make it "snow" in the room.
Senior Trip-off site-April 1985 |Honeymoon -OKW- December 1995 | First Trip with kids - OKW- September 2009 | Trip for DD B-day --AKV- May 2010 | Trip for DS B-Day-OKW-Sept 2011 & 3 Day Disney Dream Cruise | Magic 5 Night Key West-April 2012 | Our First Christmas Party-November 2012 | Mexico cruise on the Wonder-April 2013 | VWL - September 2013 | HHI & BWV for SWW-June 2014
Cast of Characters: DH DW DS (15) DD (12)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: