Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 09:11 AM   #2431
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
Do the LM rooms have coffee makers?

Anything different about them from the All Stars?

thanks
No they do not. Other than being practically brand new, I don't think there's anything different about them.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #2432
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
No they do not. Other than being practically brand new, I don't think there's anything different about them.
Thanks for the quick response.
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #2433
KMcCP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck

Thanks! How was the layout of your room?
The beds were on the opposite side- which i know can vary room to room. The bathroom was separate from the sink area too. The area where the sink and closet area were kind of part of the main area, and had a curtain divider. The toilet and shower were separated by a door. You're room must have been a connecting one as well- seeing the door with the octopus hooks on it. We didn't have one of those, and our hooks were to the left of the TV. The paintings were different too!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #2434
TNMouseFan
Mouseketeer

Just checked out if AoA FN and was super impressed with the facilities. 4 adults and 2 children had plenty of room.
Our major headache though our KTTK cards had to be rekeyed 4 times out of 5 days. We continually had issues... couldnt get into room then couldnt get into the parks. Everywhere we went our cards did not work. We were not the only ones as we heard several people also having to have their cards redone. CM at MK said it was an AoA computer issue ( although not sure that was entirely true to blame it all on AoA).

6/98 Honeymoon- Caribean Beach
5/08- off site- First trip with DDs
5/09- off site- 3 generations taking on the world
10/10- ASM- girls only trip
Christmas 2012- Art of Animation- Finding Nemo
Old 12-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #2435
Mom2Luci
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcCP View Post
The beds were on the opposite side- which i know can vary room to room. The bathroom was separate from the sink area too. The area where the sink and closet area were kind of part of the main area, and had a curtain divider. The toilet and shower were separated by a door. You're room must have been a connecting one as well- seeing the door with the octopus hooks on it. We didn't have one of those, and our hooks were to the left of the TV. The paintings were different too!
Our paintings changed twice while we were there
Old 12-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #2436
KMcCP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Luci

Our paintings changed twice while we were there
Really?! That's bizarre!
Old 12-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #2437
newbie2013
Mouseketeer

Ok so I am losing my mind - how early can we check in? Already in Florida and coming next week to aoa fn room but trying to figure out if we r going to have issues - as of course DH while in Florida steppes on sewing needle and had surgery yesterday to remove - what a fun start to our vacation!

Thanks guys my brain is elsewhere!
Old 12-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #2438
KMcCP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie2013
Ok so I am losing my mind - how early can we check in? Already in Florida and coming next week to aoa fn room but trying to figure out if we r going to have issues - as of course DH while in Florida steppes on sewing needle and had surgery yesterday to remove - what a fun start to our vacation!

Thanks guys my brain is elsewhere!
In terms of how early I think it's the luck of draw - stand check in time I *believe* is 3pm. I've read all different experiences. We checked in around 12pm and were able to go right to our room, I was pleasantly surprised!
Old 12-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #2439
newbie2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcCP

In terms of how early I think it's the luck of draw - stand check in time I *believe* is 3pm. I've read all different experiences. We checked in around 12pm and were able to go right to our room, I was pleasantly surprised!
I thought I read somewhere can do online check in (or am I making that up???)
Old 12-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #2440
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie2013

Yes, you can check in online up to 10 days prior to arrival, however it doesn't mean your room will be ready. You can check in as early as you want and get your tickets and dining plan if you have a package, and they will notify you when the room is ready if not at check in. We have checked in as early as 6:30am.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #2441
Turk February
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie2013 View Post
Online check-in and actually checking in and sitting in your room are 2 completely different things.

Online check-in just gets your packet all ready beforehand and assigns you a room before you arrive. It's "quicker" sometimes, but other times the online check-in line is longer than the regular check-in line.
February 2011 - CSR
Christmas 2011 - Contemporary (MK View)
April 2013 - AKL Kidani Village (Savanna View)
October 2014 - POP Century
Childhood - March '83, March '84, November '84, January '87, August '87, October '87
Old 12-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #2442
1tufgt
DIS Veteran

Hoping to stay here during our trip next fall. Probably do Mermaid section since it would only be the 4 of us so a suite isn't needed.
9/10 - CSR - Our DD 1st trip to Disney
10/22/11 - 10/30/11 - Pop - With the inlaws their 1st trip
10/28/13 - 11/7/13 - Back to Pop! DD2 1st trip to Disney
Old 12-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #2443
mrsmillar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNMouseFan View Post
Just checked out if AoA FN and was super impressed with the facilities. 4 adults and 2 children had plenty of room.
Our major headache though our KTTK cards had to be rekeyed 4 times out of 5 days. We continually had issues... couldnt get into room then couldnt get into the parks. Everywhere we went our cards did not work. We were not the only ones as we heard several people also having to have their cards redone. CM at MK said it was an AoA computer issue ( although not sure that was entirely true to blame it all on AoA).
Thats good to know 4 adults and 2 kids had plenty of room, we will be there in 29 days with the same adult child ratio. Did the other 2 adults share the pull out or murphy bed or did you have 1 adult one child on each? Sorry to hear you had problems with your cards.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #2444
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnik View Post
We are here now at AoA in the LM section. Ursula building #7. Our view is of the pool & last night we had the perfect view from our room if fireworks. What a great surprise that was!

Check in yesterday was a breeze & we arrived around 12pm (after 6 days at WLV) and our room was ready! The resort isn't as big & spread out as I had imagined. Everything is an easy walk away.

We ate at the food court for lunch yesterday & thought the food was really good.

Our room was spotless when we came in & we loved the theming. Everything is in top shape & we are so happy we came here even if it's only for 2 nights.

I would consider my family to be resort snobs but this resort has changed us! We just love it!!

We also went over to PoP last night & ate at there good court which we enjoyed as well.

Today we are going to Epcot so I'll report back on the transportation.

As for the linens. The towels are thin. Different from what we are use to at DVC & deluxe resorts but it doesn't really bother us. The sheets felt fine & the bed was comfy. I agree about the bedspread. It's hard to gold down & slips off the bed.

One other thing I wanted to note. We came from a 1 bedroom unit at WLV & we all like this room better lol. Yeah it's small but I can't see a family of 2-4 needing anymore than this especially if you are out & about all day. I was worried we would be upset with the size downgrade but we aren't.
Great to hear that there's firework views! Did you find it to be noisy with a pool view room?

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop), January 2015 (ASMo)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney

Nike+: secondaryhoney
Add me and let's run!
Old 12-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #2445
TNMouseFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmillar

Thats good to know 4 adults and 2 kids had plenty of room, we will be there in 29 days with the same adult child ratio. Did the other 2 adults share the pull out or murphy bed or did you have 1 adult one child on each? Sorry to hear you had problems with your cards.
The Pullout couch bed and the Table beds were both very comfortable. A Full Size I think. I slept w/ DD 6 and DH slept w/ ( a kicker DD9. I do wish we had a closet. Our stuff started to pile up quickly. The bathrooms plenty big enough for all 6 of us as well.

6/98 Honeymoon- Caribean Beach
5/08- off site- First trip with DDs
5/09- off site- 3 generations taking on the world
10/10- ASM- girls only trip
Christmas 2012- Art of Animation- Finding Nemo
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: