Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 09:32 AM   #2416
Melissa413
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the great info! We are headed to a nemo suite in 2 weeks!!! Good to have info on hand! ;o)
Old 12-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #2417
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

We are here now at AoA in the LM section. Ursula building #7. Our view is of the pool & last night we had the perfect view from our room if fireworks. What a great surprise that was!

Check in yesterday was a breeze & we arrived around 12pm (after 6 days at WLV) and our room was ready! The resort isn't as big & spread out as I had imagined. Everything is an easy walk away.

We ate at the food court for lunch yesterday & thought the food was really good.

Our room was spotless when we came in & we loved the theming. Everything is in top shape & we are so happy we came here even if it's only for 2 nights.

I would consider my family to be resort snobs but this resort has changed us! We just love it!!

We also went over to PoP last night & ate at there good court which we enjoyed as well.

Today we are going to Epcot so I'll report back on the transportation.

As for the linens. The towels are thin. Different from what we are use to at DVC & deluxe resorts but it doesn't really bother us. The sheets felt fine & the bed was comfy. I agree about the bedspread. It's hard to gold down & slips off the bed.

One other thing I wanted to note. We came from a 1 bedroom unit at WLV & we all like this room better lol. Yeah it's small but I can't see a family of 2-4 needing anymore than this especially if you are out & about all day. I was worried we would be upset with the size downgrade but we aren't.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #2418
Mom24Princesses
DIS Veteran

sorry if this has been asked

I was told by the CM that rooms at LM did not connect. Was that not correct?
ASMu--July 96; ASMu--Aug 98; PORS--June 01; ASMu--July 03; POP--Feb 04; CSR--June 04; ASMo--June 07; AoA--June 13
DCL

1st DCL Eastern MAGIC APRIL 1-8, 2006

THEN!!
2nd DCL Western MAGIC April 5-12, 2008

Last edited by Mom24Princesses; 12-27-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #2419
KMcCP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnik
We are here now at AoA in the LM section. Ursula building #7. Our view is of the pool & last night we had the perfect view from our room if fireworks. What a great surprise that was!

Check in yesterday was a breeze & we arrived around 12pm (after 6 days at WLV) and our room was ready! The resort isn't as big & spread out as I had imagined. Everything is an easy walk away.

We ate at the food court for lunch yesterday & thought the food was really good.

Our room was spotless when we came in & we loved the theming. Everything is in top shape & we are so happy we came here even if it's only for 2 nights.

I would consider my family to be resort snobs but this resort has changed us! We just love it!!

We also went over to PoP last night & ate at there good court which we enjoyed as well.

Today we are going to Epcot so I'll report back on the transportation.

As for the linens. The towels are thin. Different from what we are use to at DVC & deluxe resorts but it doesn't really bother us. The sheets felt fine & the bed was comfy. I agree about the bedspread. It's hard to gold down & slips off the bed.

One other thing I wanted to note. We came from a 1 bedroom unit at WLV & we all like this room better lol. Yeah it's small but I can't see a family of 2-4 needing anymore than this especially if you are out & about all day. I was worried we would be upset with the size downgrade but we aren't.
This is pretty much exactly how I felt about it too! There's been a lot discussion about length of walks etc, and even w my little one I didn't find the walking to be a problem at all. I stayed at CBR years ago without kids and remember being much further from the main hall. We used the busses along w a rental car- both were fine. The only difference I would add is that it could use a little more storage for bigger families. We had three total- but I knew of the storage issues ahead of time so brought some collapsible containers and a hanging storage bag - the type you use for sweaters. I was so glad I did.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #2420
Mom2Luci
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom24Princesses View Post
I was told by the CM that rooms at LM did not connect. Was that not correct?
LM rooms DO connect. We had connecting rooms in building 9 in October, but they are not guaranteed.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #2421
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

I just walked from LM to Animation Hall & it was a pleasant walk. I just came back here to add that in the LM section they had a cart selling drinks,snacks & breakfast items. I walked by quick but I did notice fruit, and some type of baked goods. Sorry I can't be more specific but I thought this was great for those who want something quick in the morning.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #2422
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnik View Post
I just walked from LM to Animation Hall & it was a pleasant walk. I just came back here to add that in the LM section they had a cart selling drinks,snacks & breakfast items. I walked by quick but I did notice fruit, and some type of baked goods. Sorry I can't be more specific but I thought this was great for those who want something quick in the morning.
LOL, I actually find that quite amusing. The walk wasn't that bad to me, except after being in the park on my feet all day. And then it did change my decision making about breakfast, snacks and drink refills. Our refillabe mugs were almost worthless to us.

They really need to move ahead with the RFID chips in the mugs and add a drink station back there.

I loved AoA. It was a feast for the eyes. But I've seen it now, so I'll be returning to the Pop where I can pay for a closer standard room.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #2423
tink2044
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
This is the picture thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024335

I don't think anyone has added Cars suite pictures yet.
Thank you, I'll check it out.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #2424
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Luci View Post
LM rooms DO connect. We had connecting rooms in building 9 in October, but they are not guaranteed.
We had connect rooms as well - in Building 9 back in September - 1 was a king size bed and the other 2 double beds. I was surprised that we received our request and happy at the same time (even happier that my parents were in there and not the in-laws )
Old 12-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #2425
Saloli27
Mouseketeer

Next Disney Trip

I am wanting to plan another trip at Disney world but I havent decided between Pop Century again or Art of Animation? Do you have any advice?
Old 12-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #2426
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

My Little Mermaid Room Video Tour - Disney's Art of Animation Resort
http://youtu.be/H1Gnima3Abg
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
Old 12-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #2427
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saloli27 View Post
I am wanting to plan another trip at Disney world but I havent decided between Pop Century again or Art of Animation? Do you have any advice?
Have you stayed at Pop? If you have I'd go for AOA to try something new.

Oh god there's the yeti! - The Trip Report!.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!- Aug. 2015 DL @ Stanford Inn & Suites -

Old 12-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #2428
KMcCP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck View Post
My Little Mermaid Room Video Tour - Disney's Art of Animation Resort
http://youtu.be/H1Gnima3Abg
Cool video -interesting though how my room in the Ariel Building was laid out completely differently - at the least the bathroom area was.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:45 AM   #2429
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcCP View Post
Cool video -interesting though how my room in the Ariel Building was laid out completely differently - at the least the bathroom area was.
Thanks! How was the layout of your room?
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
Old 12-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #2430
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Do the LM rooms have coffee makers?

Anything different about them from the All Stars?

thanks

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: