Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 10:51 PM   #2401
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

The PINs are something that started two days before we checked in (Dec 13, so started Dec 11 as explained to us). You choose a PIN that you will use when tapping your KTTW to pay if the transaction is over $50.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #2402
kandlsutton5
Earning My Ears

Just back from AoA stay in Cars suites. We had ground floor room in building 3 close to the main pool. Very glad we had ground floor, especially after long days at the parks. Couple of things we were unhappy with:
1. Air conditioner - default setting is 74. I tried the tips listed on this thread to override the thermostat, but they didn't work. We had to call maintenance to get the thermostat lowered to 65. It got quite chilly ( DH loved it ) overnight, but whenever we came back to the room, it was back at 74. Took about an hour to cool off.
2. Hot water wasn't HOT. We like hot showers, but the temp never got high enough for us. On an early morning ADR, I had to run the water for 15-20 minutes before it even got lukewarm. No chance of scalding the little ones!
3. As a family of 5, we typically have stayed at deluxe or DVC resorts. It was never explained to us that the maximum we could charge to the room was $500. Quite embarrassing when trying to make a purchase and having it denied. We found out later that the maximums are $500/$1000/$1500 for values/mods/deluxes, respectively. Since we have never reached our limit on previous trips, we were unaware that there was even a limit. I think we should have at least been informed at check-in.
4. Noticeable differences between the deluxes and values are no pool towels, small/thin bath towels, single ply toilet paper, and thinner sheets. Comforter was heavy and stiff too.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay. I was glad we had 2 bathrooms and a separate master bedroom. DH was less impressed and vows to go back to a deluxe resort. We will see whether cost or preference wins out he next time...

Happy to answer any additional questions.

Previous Trips: Sept 2010 AKV, Dec 2007 Poly/DCL Sept 2003 AKL, May 1999 CSR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #2403
monique5
DVC - BLT

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Disney Resorts

This will be my 1st trip to Disney since 1990. DD4 will celebrate 5th birthday and DH 1st visit. 39D until we visit the Most Magical Place on Earth. AoA Cars Suite for 7N/8D.

I generally stay at Universal's Royal Pacific, Sandals Resorts, Hilton. I've seen numerous posts about the difference in towels/linens at Disney's values/mod/del. I have no comparison at Disney. So how would towels/linens compare at value vs. resorts I've stayed at. Are the values linens really that bad?

Old 12-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #2404
dmoore718
If you think being a firefighter is tough, try being a firefighter's wife

We check into AOA Nemo Suite in 10 days!! Just did online check in!! Can anyone say how the busses were? We stayed at Pop 2 yrs ago and the busses were great!!
Old 12-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #2405
kandlsutton5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by monique5
So how would towels/linens compare at value vs. resorts I've stayed at. Are the values linens really that bad?
The linens aren't that bad. They are similar to standard chain hotels, although the bath towels seemed smaller. The comforter was heavy and didn't fold well and slid off the bed during the night.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #2406
kandlsutton5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoore718
We check into AOA Nemo Suite in 10 days!! Just did online check in!! Can anyone say how the busses were? We stayed at Pop 2 yrs ago and the busses were great!!
We were there in the week leading up to Christmas. The busses weren't that bad but we did have to wait 15-20 minutes several times. The waits were longer towards the end of the week when I waited 40 minutes (20 for the bus and another 20 to load two scooters) trying to get to Magic Kingdom before the Christmas Party at 4:30pm.

We did notice a supervisor of some sort monitoring the lines and it seemed like he would request a specific bus when needed. On one occasion, multiple scooters were waiting to board and a second bus arrived specifically to board them while the first bus took the other passengers standing in line.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #2407
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandlsutton5 View Post
The linens aren't that bad. They are similar to standard chain hotels, although the bath towels seemed smaller. The comforter was heavy and didn't fold well and slid off the bed during the night.
I had no complaints about any linens except for that dang comforter. It was so heavy and stiff it was hard to take off the bed and actually put anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoore718 View Post
We were there 12/6 to 12/16 and had awesome bus service both to and from AoA. Never had an extended wait.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #2408
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! New to disboards, first post right here!

I'm staying here in a little over two weeks and am excited to hear about everyone's experiences. The pictures are fantastic and have got me very excited!

I've heard a couple complainants about the stiffness of the bedding, but can't help and wonder if that'll work itself out with time as the linens are used/washed more.

We'll be staying in a LM room, and I was considering calling to make a request. Any suggestions about which building/view might be preferable? Thanks!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #2409
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyindisney

I'm staying here in a little over two weeks and am excited to hear about everyone's experiences. The pictures are fantastic and have got me very excited!

I've heard a couple complainants about the stiffness of the bedding, but can't help and wonder if that'll work itself out with time as the linens are used/washed more.

We'll be staying in a LM room, and I was considering calling to make a request. Any suggestions about which building/view might be preferable? Thanks!
The bedding is stiff no matter where we have stayed, I can't see it softening up at all. We strip it off when we go to bed and don't use it, you never know what's been on it prior to your check in.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #2410
KMcCP
Mouseketeer

Quote:

If it were me staying again and based in view- I'd ask for building 7(Ursula) facing the lake.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #2411
tink2044
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have pictures of the Carsland suites at AOA or can you let me know where they maybe posted?
Thank you in advance!
Old 12-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #2412
jenhum
Earning My Ears

For those that have stayed in the Lion King section- any suggestions on room requests for me to make? Is one building better than another? I have cystic fibrosis and significant breathing issues, so the shorter walk to the buses, the better. I know overall I'll be doing a ton of walking (probably will end up renting a wheelchair for at least a couple park days), but I just have a limited amount of energy, so each step counts! Thanks!
Old 12-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #2413
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcCP View Post
If it were me staying again and based in view- I'd ask for building 7(Ursula) facing the lake.
Thanks for the suggestion! Is that one of the closer buildings to Animator Hall? Or is it the one on the end? I suppose its too small of a distance to make a difference anyways, haha!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #2414
KMcCP
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks for the suggestion! Is that one of the closer buildings to Animator Hall? Or is it the one on the end? I suppose its too small of a distance to make a difference anyways, haha!
It's one of the closer ones I guess? Although not significantly. Building 8 (Ariel) is the furthest. We were in that one and had a partial view of the lake. We liked it because we had the parking lot so close for our rental car.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #2415
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink2044 View Post
Does anyone have pictures of the Carsland suites at AOA or can you let me know where they maybe posted?
Thank you in advance!
This is the picture thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024335

I don't think anyone has added Cars suite pictures yet.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: