Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #226
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristen72 View Post
I've only been to WDW one other time and I didn't do online check in. What's the advantage? Guaranteeing a room? That would make sense
The main advantage for online check-in is that your room packet and keys are waiting for you when you arrive. There is also a special online check-in queue or desk (although I have not seen the photo of it at AoA yet with those new open desks).

Quote:
I know I will have a room somewhere. I know they won't leave me without a place to go. I just want a LM room. Not to be bussed to AS Sports or something. This is our last trip to WDW for 6 years and I just really want to be at AoA!

If you think the online checking could help my worries then that's what I'll do.

I guess my real question is how often does something like overbooking happen? Perhaps I should start a new thread to ask
If you haven't already, yes, a main thread in the resorts forum area may help you to get experienced answered on overbooking.

But, unless I'm just not seeing or reading those threads, I don't get the sense that Disney does overbooking routinely, or that it's even something to worry about.

Online check in isn't going to hurt your room assignment at all, but it's not in place to make sure you're not moved or upgraded. I like online check-in...plus I can't help but do it within 10 days of arrival because it's exciting to do.

I suspect a "worst case" at AoA would be that they may offer you an AoA suite instead, and even in that case, you could likely have them move you to LM as soon as something opened up.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 08-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #227
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

I have so many LM questions and I know some of you do as well! I started to keep a list so I do not forget. I am so anxious for 9/15 so I can find out more! 70 days for us! That means around 41 days for LM (I don't know the exact number of days)
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #228
mickeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Checking in Sept 22 for 5 nights in a LM room. We're driving down from NC and won't arrive until at least 9pm. I've read stories about hotels overbooking their rooms. Anyone know if Disney does this? I'm worried that since we're arriving late for a popular room they won't have one left for us. I don't want to move to another value resort. Anyone know if I'm guaranteed to get my room no matter how late I check in?
You would probably still be in AoA, just maybe in a suite since they seem not to be filling up; that's not a bad upgrade at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballmom3 View Post
Subbing .
Sorry, not meaning to sound stupid (sure feel like it though), but what does it mean when a post just says 'subbing'? Thanks.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #229
robinstrip
Earning My Ears

Subbing means that they've subscribed to the thread to get email updates when people post to this thread. At the top right there's a menu for Thread Tools and you can subscribe to the thread there.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #230
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye View Post

Sorry, not meaning to sound stupid (sure feel like it though), but what does it mean when a post just says 'subbing'? Thanks.
Subscribing.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #231
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
I am nervous about the walk from the LM section to the buses and the food court though. Hopefully it won't be too bad of a walk.
I was curious also, so I went on Google Earth and used its measuring tool. From the farthest room in the farthest building to bus stop was .35 of a mile. Wow!

From the same spot to the back entrance of the main hall is .3 of a mile. Wow again.

I sure hope they put in drink stations at LM. That's going to be quite a haul...

Old 08-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #232
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Here is a picture of the drink station at The Drop Off pool bar, which is next to the pool in the Nemo section. So far this is the only non food court drink station at AoA.

The picture is from this easywdw report on Art of Animation.

How do they keep people from using regular cups on it? Are the mugs RFID like the ones at All Star Sports?

Old 08-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #233
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmbcdb View Post
How do they keep people from using regular cups on it? Are the mugs RFID like the ones at All Star Sports?
No worries, the cost of all that extra soda is figured into the price of the suites.
Seriously, as of now, it appears to be an honor system. A previous poster who has already been to AoA said that she was filling her cups at an unmanned drink station and a security CM walked towards her. When he saw that she was using her Disney mugs, he smiled and walked away.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Old 08-06-2012, 06:55 AM   #234
TheLadyTremain
Mouseketeer

Can anyone give me an idea of the walking times from the Cars and Lion King Bldgs to Animation Hall? Also, are the Nemo rooms close to a parking lot?

Thinking of booking for April but would like something convenient to Animation Hall as well as to a parking lot. The one Cars bldg looks way out there and I am envisioning dragging 3 tired kids to our room at night...not fun!

Thanks.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:50 AM   #235
Sunshinepixie27
Earning My Ears

Just 4 more days and LK section will be open. Bring on the pictures!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #236
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmbcdb View Post
There are no RFID chips in the AoA refillable mugs, or anywhere else on property at the moment. The bar and the refill station are inside the pool fence, and if that gate is working with the key cards, you need to be an AoA guest to enter. Not a system to lock down the refills, but there is some barrier to entry. An AoA guest could still break the rules though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLadyTremain View Post
Can anyone give me an idea of the walking times from the Cars and Lion King Bldgs to Animation Hall? Also, are the Nemo rooms close to a parking lot?
The walk from Cars and Lion King will be 3-5 minutes tops. Unless you're strolling even 5 minutes may be a stretch. Like at Pop Century, the actual buildings are really closer to the main hall than it would seem when you look at a map.

If you will have a car, the Nemo buildings won't be as convenient to parking as the Cars and Lion King sections will be. In particular, building 10 LK and building 1 Cars will be both close to Animation Hall and close to parking.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 08-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #237
ilovejsparrow
Working on my degree so I can support my WDW obsession!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinepixie27 View Post
Just 4 more days and LK section will be open. Bring on the pictures!
Agree with this! Can't wait to see some pictures!
WDW Commando Member #165

Old 08-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #238
Fokus17
Mouseketeer

Beds

We will be headed to AoA in three weeks with 5 adults and 2 babies. I know crazy! I have a question for the bed situation. Which bed is better for two adults, the couch bed or inova table bed? Can anyone speak from experience?
Thanks for the help in advance!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #239
JessiMommy
DIS Veteran

Joining in! DH, DD and I are going to be at POR in November but my parents just announced they want us all to go back in January so.... I just booked AoA Little Mermaid rooms! So excited!!!!

Most recent visits...
AKL ~ September 14-21, 2013
AoA ~ January 27-February 3, 2013
POR ~ November 10-17, 2012
Old 08-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #240
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessiMommy View Post
Joining in! DH, DD and I are going to be at POR in November but my parents just announced they want us all to go back in January so.... I just booked AoA Little Mermaid rooms! So excited!!!!
Two trips!!!! That's even better!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: