Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #2371
delilah18
DIS Veteran

You stick with AOA LM rooms.
We went in Sept/Oct with two little one a 2 and 4 year old.
We had lakeview in building 7, and loved it, compared to all the walking in the parks I really didn't find it that bad, and neither did the kids.
The only thing I felt was long was to the parking lot, because we drove to all the parks. I would definitely stay here again. I have never stayed at Allstar Movies, so I can't comment on that.
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 12-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #2372
*HappyDisneyMom*
*Dreams Come True*

Question ?

Hopefully someone can give me some insight....

We're staying in the Nemo section, and I put in a request for a pool view. I wanted to be as close to Animation Hall as possible, will asking for just a pool view suffice? Also with four young children, do you all think I should ask for a room on the first floor or would being higher up be better?

Thanks in advance!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #2373
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kordoyne View Post
We have reservations for AoA in February in the LM section. I love the hotel itself only thing is the walk to and from buses. I got a call from our travel agent asking if I wanted to switch to All Star Movies Preferred room and save around $400. I would rather stay at AoA but would I be better off to switch to Movies so the walk is not so bad for the little ones? I dont know what to do, what would you do?
I would probably not switch for free, and definitely not for $400! If the only issue you have is the distance to the buses, I wouldn't worry about it. We stayed in LM building #7 (with an 8 and 3 year old), and I was also concerned after reading about the walk, but it really was not bad at all. If you're going straight to the buses (and not inside AH), you can walk down the sidewalk of the parking lot and probably save a few minutes too. Either way, it's just not that bad of a walk.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:47 AM   #2374
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
. And I really don't like their overhead menus. Every time I was studying the options, the page would change and I'd have to stand there and wait for it to get back to the page I was reading. Although Pop could be the same way on that by now, but it's more frusrating when it's all new and you really want to study the options.

Absolutely gorgeous surroundings. But back to Pop I will go.
I can't remember if it was like that at POP in august, but it was like that at CBR a few weeks ago.. HATE that! you're trying to see read something, then look at the picture, then lok back and BAM! it changed! and I like to see the whole menu at once, so I can compare. and hubby, forget it. with hid vision problems, by the time he focused on something to read, it had changed. I hope enough people complain about that so they change it.

we are looking forward to our stay at AOA, LM room in april. I'm thinking we may be walkig over to use the pop food court a few times though. I love the shrimp lo Mein and hubby loves the mom's night out dinners. I'll probably like the meals served with the naan bread. hubby, not so much. Ithink the food at AOA sounds a bit too "healthy" for him! lol
Old 12-18-2012, 01:49 AM   #2375
smidgy
dimples

kordoyn, at Movies, 3 of the five sections are preferred now, not just Fantasia anymore. Dalmations and toy story are both also preferred. so you could still have a walk to the food court (albeit not as far as fro the LM rooms to the AOA food court.) just didn't want you to be misled.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #2376
fd1972uk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
You can call to add a specific building request to your reservation.

You're right that the only difference among the buildings/rooms is the character icon in the center of each building, however, buildings 7 (Ursula) and 9 (King Triton) appear to be a little bit closer to Animation Hall than building 8 (Ariel). Building 7 may also provide a room with a nice view of the lake and Pop Century.

By actual distance the building are not far, about a 5-10 minute walk. But as compared to the Lion King, Nemo, and Cars section, the LM section is definitely the furthest away, and so reports are varying on whether people like it or not.

But if you want to stay at AoA in the less expensive standard rooms...the distance should be just fine.

Cool, thanks for that.

Tbh, The Little Mermaid is the place I would have booked regardless. We're only 3 anyway and with the exception of maybe Finding Nemo have no real desire for any of the others.

FD
WDW Orlando: June 2013

Old 12-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #2377
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *HappyDisneyMom* View Post
We're staying in the Nemo section, and I put in a request for a pool view. I wanted to be as close to Animation Hall as possible, will asking for just a pool view suffice? Also with four young children, do you all think I should ask for a room on the first floor or would being higher up be better?
On the floor...my preference with a stroller is to be on the ground floor so you can just open the door and go...no elevators to negotiate.

As for the best room request for Nemo, I would agree with your thinking that a room with a pool view would be at the ends of the buildings closest to Animation Hall, so that makes sense and it's probably an easier request to make than "a room near the end of the buildings closest to the food court."

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 12-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #2378
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy

I can't remember if it was like that at POP in august, but it was like that at CBR a few weeks ago.. HATE that! you're trying to see read something, then look at the picture, then lok back and BAM! it changed! and I like to see the whole menu at once, so I can compare. and hubby, forget it. with hid vision problems, by the time he focused on something to read, it had changed. I hope enough people complain about that so they change it.

we are looking forward to our stay at AOA, LM room in april. I'm thinking we may be walkig over to use the pop food court a few times though. I love the shrimp lo Mein and hubby loves the mom's night out dinners. I'll probably like the meals served with the naan bread. hubby, not so much. Ithink the food at AOA sounds a bit too "healthy" for him! lol
I was little frustrated by the scrolling menus as well. We stated at POR out last night and they were the same way there too. It was even more frustrating since we weren't familiar with the menus there!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ; 5/2015 - WL
Old 12-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #2379
SarahJN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *HappyDisneyMom* View Post
Hopefully someone can give me some insight....

Thanks in advance!!!
I have three little ones so I agree that a first floor room would be ideal - you don't have to deal with the elevators. Personally though, I would not want to stay on the first floor of the Nemo buildings facing the pools. We were over there almost every afternoon/night using the pool and playground and there is a ton of foot traffic and pool noise. I think it would be quieter in the back or on the other side and it's really not that much more of a walk.

Read my trip reports!

Old 12-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #2380
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post

I always go to www.allears.net and pre look or print the menu out. I hate not having an idea before I go somewhere. Basically I already knew what I'd order before I went. So I only looked at the menus to make sure what I thought I wanted was offered.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

Old 12-18-2012, 06:01 PM   #2381
NE Goofy
Earning My Ears

We're staying in a Lion King room. Can I request a lake view room? Thanks
Old 12-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #2382
mom2cgj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE Goofy
Yes. I called and added a lake view request to our LK reservation. The CM specified bldg 6, lake view. We don't go for a month, so I can't say if we got our request!

AoA Cars - Jan. 2015 - Pre Trip Report:There's No Such Thing As Too Much Planning!

AoA Lion King - Jan. 2013 5 Newbies Visit the World!!
Old 12-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #2383
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
I always go to www.allears.net and pre look or print the menu out. I hate not having an idea before I go somewhere. Basically I already knew what I'd order before I went. So I only looked at the menus to make sure what I thought I wanted was offered.
thanks bookgirl! (ps, we LOVE to read!)... we love allearsnet, and for table service, ussually know ahead of time exactly what we are going to order.

but for counter service, there are so many choices. I've printed all the menus out in the fast, and gets to be a pretty bulky folder! but maybe I'll do that just for the resort food court again.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:22 AM   #2384
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE Goofy
I requested lake view and got it but its only a request - not a guarantee
The lion king suite was awesome by the way!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #2385
coinkc
You can find some hot dates at Six Flags St. Louis!

Just booked a stay in a Cars Suite! We are SOOOO excited!!!!

We were at WDW last summer and walked around the AoA Resort but only the Nemo section was open. Talk about amazing! My 5 year old nephew can recite the entire Cars movie so he is going to FLIP when he sees the resort. We are going to tell him and his 6 year old brother on New Year's Eve that not only are they going to WDW but myself and his favorite cousin (my daughter) are going with them!

Can't wait!!!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: