Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #2356
KMcCP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinthechat
I have another question, what is the policy on late check out? Is it even available? How would we do it?
When we stayed, I asked about it mid week while I was at the concierge desk picking up our luau tickets. She looked at that time and confirmed a 1pm checkout for us (and it was for a Saturday). Before she looked she said she could run a query and it would be be either approved or not approved- so we lucked out.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #2357
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

When I stayed at Pop they told me it was best to ask when you check in.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #2358
dznygurl
Mouseketeer

We asked at check-in. CM put inquiry into computer and about a minute later he said we were approved for a 1:00 checkout.

1989 1st trip to WDW
2000 POFQ (Thanksgiving)
2002 POR (4th of July)
2006 Silver Lakes Resort (Mardi Gras)
2009 Windsor Hills (Mardi Gras)
2010 AKL (just the girls)
2012 AoA (Thanksgiving)
Old 12-16-2012, 11:25 PM   #2359
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dznygurl
We asked at check-in. CM put inquiry into computer and about a minute later he said we were approved for a 1:00 checkout.
How much extra does a late check out cost?
Old 12-17-2012, 12:00 AM   #2360
kandlsutton5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney minnie
Which room numbers are on the bottom and closest to the food court?
We stayed in 3538 (Bldg. 3, Luigi) which is on the bottom floor and very close to Animation Hall. From my room map, it looks like the bottom floors are 15xx, 25xx and 35xx.

Previous Trips: Sept 2010 AKV, Dec 2007 Poly/DCL Sept 2003 AKL, May 1999 CSR
Old 12-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #2361
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonademouth View Post
How much extra does a late check out cost?
No cost, if late check out is available and approved for your stay. It's based on housekeeping's schedule, but if they give the OK, it's usually until 1pm at no charge.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:52 AM   #2362
fd1972uk
Mouseketeer

Apologies if this has already been asked, but as you can see there are quite a few pages to this thread! :D

Are you able to request a particular building? We're booked for the Little Mermaid Rooms, and sure I've read there's a few blocks like Ariel, Ursula?

I'm presuming the only difference with each is that of the character that is outside the building? Are there any benefits in any particular one?

Also, I'm not sure of the whole layout of the place (have saw the resort map), but how far is it to the main food court etc?

FD
WDW Orlando: June 2013

Old 12-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #2363
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn

No cost, if late check out is available and approved for your stay. It's based on housekeeping's schedule, but if they give the OK, it's usually until 1pm at no charge.
Thank you!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #2364
aceys_h0ney
DIS Veteran

Sorry in advance as I'm sure this is a repeat but will the standard rooms only be Little Mermaid?
Old 12-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #2365
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceys_h0ney View Post
Sorry in advance as I'm sure this is a repeat but will the standard rooms only be Little Mermaid?
Yes.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #2366
aceys_h0ney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Yes.
Bummer, thanks for the quick response.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #2367
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Weare just back from a 9 night stay in the LM section. I'm glad we stayed, but won't do it again. It was gorgeous there, but I miss being able to request a room close to the main building and bus stop at Pop. And we won't want to pay for a suite just to be closer.

We requested building 7 in the end closest to Lion King. That's what we got, it actually backfired. To get to that end of the building you have to walk back to the Ursula statue, then back out. There is no walkway out other than by the statue. Not a huge difference, until you do that after walking the parks all day and then all the way back to that section. The vegetation was lovely, but I value my feet more.

The food court never really grabbed me either. We never really found anything we just loved. The "make your own pasta" was good, but not worth staying there to get again. The lines moved SO slow. And I really don't like their overhead menus. Every time I was studying the options, the page would change and I'd have to stand there and wait for it to get back to the page I was reading. Although Pop could be the same way on that by now, but it's more frusrating when it's all new and you really want to study the options.

Absolutely gorgeous surroundings. But back to Pop I will go.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #2368
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fd1972uk View Post
Apologies if this has already been asked, but as you can see there are quite a few pages to this thread! :D

Are you able to request a particular building? We're booked for the Little Mermaid Rooms, and sure I've read there's a few blocks like Ariel, Ursula?

I'm presuming the only difference with each is that of the character that is outside the building? Are there any benefits in any particular one?

Also, I'm not sure of the whole layout of the place (have saw the resort map), but how far is it to the main food court etc?

FD
You can call to add a specific building request to your reservation.

You're right that the only difference among the buildings/rooms is the character icon in the center of each building, however, buildings 7 (Ursula) and 9 (King Triton) appear to be a little bit closer to Animation Hall than building 8 (Ariel). Building 7 may also provide a room with a nice view of the lake and Pop Century.

By actual distance the building are not far, about a 5-10 minute walk. But as compared to the Lion King, Nemo, and Cars section, the LM section is definitely the furthest away, and so reports are varying on whether people like it or not.

But if you want to stay at AoA in the less expensive standard rooms...the distance should be just fine.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 12-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #2369
kordoyne
Earning My Ears

We have reservations for AoA in February in the LM section. I love the hotel itself only thing is the walk to and from buses. I got a call from our travel agent asking if I wanted to switch to All Star Movies Preferred room and save around $400. I would rather stay at AoA but would I be better off to switch to Movies so the walk is not so bad for the little ones? I dont know what to do, what would you do?
Old 12-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #2370
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kordoyne View Post
We have reservations for AoA in February in the LM section. I love the hotel itself only thing is the walk to and from buses. I got a call from our travel agent asking if I wanted to switch to All Star Movies Preferred room and save around $400. I would rather stay at AoA but would I be better off to switch to Movies so the walk is not so bad for the little ones? I dont know what to do, what would you do?
That's a really tough call. I'm glad we did it. But the walk really was long. I considered our refillable mugs useless because nobody ever wanted to walk back to Animation Hall and back after finally making it back to the room at night.

I'm glad we experienced it tough. But my feet STILL hurt from 10 days in the parks and all those long walks to and from the bus stops.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: