Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 07:07 PM   #2266
donna6635
Mouseketeer

Here I come!!!

Checking in tomorrow, LM room. Girls only vacation Can't wait!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #2267
luvallprincesses
DIS Veteran

Is there a good building to request in the LM section?

Aug 1997 CBR, April 2005 POP, May 2005 ASM
Dec 2006 POP, Nov/Dec 2009 POR, Nov/Dec 2011 POFQ
Nov/Dec 2012 WL Jan 2014 BC
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #2268
kandlsutton5
Earning My Ears

I'm 10 days out😍!!! Staying in the cars section and I've never put in a request before, but I'm thinking about requesting Mater building overlooking the pool. If I check in online, it doesn't allow me to add any requests. Do I call AofA directly?

Previous Trips: Sept 2010 AKV, Dec 2007 Poly/DCL Sept 2003 AKL, May 1999 CSR
Old 12-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #2269
sienk1mh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandlsutton5 View Post
I'm 10 days out😍!!! Staying in the cars section and I've never put in a request before, but I'm thinking about requesting Mater building overlooking the pool. If I check in online, it doesn't allow me to add any requests. Do I call AofA directly?
Call the main reservation phone number 407wdisney and they can add your requests. Give them the order of what is most important to you. They have been able to help me in the past
Old 12-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #2270
sienk1mh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallprincesses View Post
Is there a good building to request in the LM section?
We just got back from a 9 night stay in building 7 on the fourth floor facing the LM pool. I believe the room was 7871.

We had a nightly view of Illuminations from Epcot which was an added bonus! We could watch it from bed, we were more than pleased with that. I'm going to try to upload a pic or video soon.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #2271
wahmtexas
Mouseketeer

Just Back Cars Suite

Just back from an AMAZING trip! We stayed in Bldg 1 Cars Suite and LOVED it! Got both our requests, top floor not far from elevator and Bldg 1. We were worried about a Value since we have only stayed Mod and Deluxe on other trips, NO WORRIES, AOA was amazing!
NO bus problems at all, less than 5 min. all 8 days to all parks
NO housekeeping issues, room was spotless and VERY roomy with lots of storage space, we had 8 suitcases!!!
KIDS LOVED the beds, very comfy for a family of 4, very nice for kids to have their own beds, they are 6 and 9. I actually slept one night with my daughter on the pull down bed and it was comfortable.
Food was good and we did not have any wait issues with pizza or make your own pasta.(very good and large portions) Kids loved the Chocolate Chip Pancakes for breakfast.
So much pixie dust from the CMS too, our park package did not arrive in a timely manner, I mentioned that my son was anxious to get the cars he purchased with his own money at Epcot and she gave him a 5 pack of cars on the MOUSE so he could play until his cars arrived.
My son thanked Mickey for the cars when he saw him at Character spot the next day at MK, so cute!
This was our 4th Disney trip with our kids and the best yet, 74 and sunny everyday, low crowds, walked on most rides, and tons of Pixie Dust.
We would stay at AOA Cars Suite again
Sept.2010: Carribbean Beach, 3d trip with my kids
Dec. 2012 Art Of Animation, Cars Suite Lovin my work at home business paying for our Disney addiction!
Dec. 2013 POFQ, Surprise trip for kids! Loved POFQ!
Nov. 2014 CBR with free dining!(may upgrade to WL our favorite)
Old 12-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #2272
kandlsutton5
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much - called today and added our request. Now just hoping for some Pixie Dust....

Previous Trips: Sept 2010 AKV, Dec 2007 Poly/DCL Sept 2003 AKL, May 1999 CSR
Old 12-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #2273
katiegirl
Earning My Ears

Thank you very much for a wonderful review of your stay!!!! We are going Feb.6-14 and are staying in a Cars suite as well. Hopefully we have as great a time as your family did!!

Off Site Feb.1988, Port Orleans French Quarter Feb.1992, All-Star Music Oct.2001, Caribbean Beach Resort Oct.2003, Pop Century May 2007, Fort Wilderness Cabins Dec.2010, Art of Animation- Cars Suite Feb.2013, Fort Wilderness Campsites -rented trailer Oct. 2014

Old 12-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #2274
katiegirl
Earning My Ears

Generation Gap Bridge and Jogging Trail

Also, I was just wondering if anyone knows approximately how long it would take to walk from POP buses to the Cars section? Another question; has anyone used the jogging trail around Hourglass Lake? How long is it approximately? DH is a sometimes runner and thinks he might want to go for a run while were there I'm doubtful but I told him I would look into how long the trail is for him! Such a good DW I am !!!! Thanks!

Off Site Feb.1988, Port Orleans French Quarter Feb.1992, All-Star Music Oct.2001, Caribbean Beach Resort Oct.2003, Pop Century May 2007, Fort Wilderness Cabins Dec.2010, Art of Animation- Cars Suite Feb.2013, Fort Wilderness Campsites -rented trailer Oct. 2014

Old 12-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #2275
Gooshy
Mouseketeer

Staying in April 2014. Looking for a king room and a family suite in the same building/same floor. Does it exist?

momma ,pappa ,brother bear (8) ,sister bear(2) and cupcake
Old 12-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #2276
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooshy View Post
Staying in April 2014. Looking for a king room and a family suite in the same building/same floor. Does it exist?
no it does not
Old 12-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #2277
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooshy
Sorry, that doesn't exist. Only the Little Mermaid buildings have rooms with a king. The buildings with family suites only have family suites.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #2278
Mom2Luci
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooshy View Post
No. Regular rooms are only in the LM section. Closest you could get is a LM room and a LK suite.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #2279
dmoore718
If you think being a firefighter is tough, try being a firefighter's wife

I cannot wait to check into our Nemo suite next month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I called to add a request for ground floor but don't really care about anything else. So excited!!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #2280
ELLH
Mouseketeer

Well, so far our stay has been pretty crazy.

The following is in regards to two rooms we reserved and an hour and a half long process to get in them. Throughout the following keep in mind our two year old needs a nap. Luckily we had Grandma there to help.

We checked in this morning and dropped off our luggage. Came back this afternoon to get our room keys. This is where the story really begins. Given keys. Go to building (furthest one) In the AOA resort. Keys don't work. Bummer. Go back. Tell story. Get new keys. The piece of paper we are given with the keys have room numbers which are different than what we had the first time. These numbers belong to a different building. Wife asked if that was right and referenced the original number and noted the difference in building prefixes. CMs (two of them working together) tell us it is correct and we are in the same room number as before in sort of a way as to suggest we shouldn't question them. Logic definitely wasn't in place here. Whatever. Go back to room. Keys don't work... Again. Decide to see if the room numbers they wrote down were correct in the off chance they upgraded us and just didn't want to tell us. disney magic, maybe? Plus, our luggage is somewhere. So, we walk to the other building. Keys work. Green light. Cool... Or so we thought. Open door. Someone inside. Awkward. Baaaaaack to the desk for the fourth time and to talk to a manager. She says the CMs transposed the numbers. We explained we brought this to their attention. Long story short, she apologized, we were cool with it. Get new keys again and back to rooms. First key: success! Second key: fail. Lock broken. Maintenance came and got us in.

A few hours later (and about 30 minutes ago) maintenance man comes to fix the lock. Dude had a time with it. Nice as could be. Finally our rooms are fixed. Until my wife realized our fridge isn't cooling properly. Currently waiting on housekeeping to deliver a replacement.

This has been a crazy day. Surprisingly, we took it in stride. I'm usually much more prone to get pissed off at this sort of thing but it was so disastrous (hyperbole usage warning) that it was comical.

On the lighter side, the resort is beautiful. And the sign out front really looks awesome at night and my daughter is having a great time. She got to meet Ariel today and I must have tested up about four times at the excitement on her face.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: