Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #2221
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePrincessMom View Post
Would they deliver that to our room? Thanks.
They should deliver it to your room. You can request when booking to have a pack n play. As a matter of fact, when I booked they asked if I wanted a pack n play or bed rails for my two year old.

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 11-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #2222
dnash
Earning My Ears

Leaving today and I thought AOA was great..the foodcourt wasn't bad, maybe we got lucky at times and the decor was awesome, but that free wifi in the rooms gave me fits. I tried doing schoolwork in the evenings and the connection just didn't like me, but other than that everything was great
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 01:45 AM   #2223
monique5
DVC - BLT

Staying in the AoA-Cars Suite. DD. Nemo not available for the S/P/D promo. Hoping Cars is ok for girls. I have loved the design/layout of Cars wing since 1st photos. Any thoughts on DD enjoying Cars suits?

Old 12-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #2224
NE Goofy
Earning My Ears

Leaving in 45 days! So much to plan. Where did the time go?
Old 12-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #2225
pattyw
WDW- We luv u!!

Question for those that have stayed at AOA- Are the suites very loud- due to interior corridors? I've read a few comments about this being a problem. We usually stay mod or value with the exterior corridors and find those quieter than those hotels with interior corridors. We're planning on staying there in Jan- but between noise and the thermostat issues, we are reconsidering. Thx for any insight!

(Me) (DH) (DS21) (DS17) (Jill) (Todd) (Riley)
WDW is our HAPPY PLACE!!
Old 12-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #2226
newbie2013
Mouseketeer

Few questions

Nemo suites - what room to request, have 4 yet old and 8 month old so dont want to be too far from AH

Are the movies by the pool loud for people staying in the nemo suites

How far in advance should I order/request my pack n play?

What coffee pods to buy to have in our room?

Thanks!
Old 12-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #2227
jimandami
DIS Veteran

To the 2 PPs:

1). We stayed in the LK section and did not have problems with noise from the internal hallways.

2). The movies are not shown by the Nemo pool but in the LK courtyard. I did find them to be pretty loud from our LK room but we were literally right by the screen.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #2228
Cloudless Nights
DIS Veteran

Hi all,

We finally bit the bullet and booked a LM room for May! Just a question, based on the map, the LM rooms are the farthest away from the food court/buses, etc. How long does it take to walk from the LM rooms to the food court and buses?
** August 2010 - Caribbean Beach ** January 2011 - Caribbean Beach
** August 2011 - All-Star Sports ** August 2012 - Caribbean Beach
** January 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ** May 2013 - All-Star Music **August 2013 - Pop Century
** August 2014 - Boardwalk Villas/AKL Kidani - Savannah View!
Old 12-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #2229
ELLH
Mouseketeer

We leave for our trip in a few days and can't wait. Our DD (2yo) is going to be pumped! Wife is already excited. I'm not quite excited yet... ready to be there already. But I know I'll probably get a bit emotional a time or two (or three, or two hundred) once we get to the parks and are able to share the experience with our little one.
The grandparents will be going with us as well.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to seeing the layout of AOA in person. I've read some varying reviews about it and since we'll be staying in the LM section, I'm kind of curious to see just how far it really is to get to the food court and buses. I have read the benefit here is the proximity to Pop which opens up options.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #2230
Habbott
Mouseketeer

We're planning on staying at one of the suites in February. I am very excited. It will be my parents, my husband and me, and our 2 year old. We're planning on giving the master bedroom to my parents. Anyways, I was hoping someone had a measurement for the room transition between the dining area and the living room.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #2231
sienk1mh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudless Nights View Post
Hi all,

We finally bit the bullet and booked a LM room for May! Just a question, based on the map, the LM rooms are the farthest away from the food court/buses, etc. How long does it take to walk from the LM rooms to the food court and buses?
We just got back and stayed in building 7 of little mermaid. It is about 5minutes to Animation Hall from the LM room. We didn't feel the walk was to bad the boys loved going through the pride land (Lion King) a couple times a day.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:29 PM   #2232
NE Goofy
Earning My Ears

Question about the buses. Do they wait till they are full, or for a certain amount of time if they are not full before they leave to and from the parks?
Old 12-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #2233
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE Goofy
Question about the buses. Do they wait till they are full, or for a certain amount of time if they are not full before they leave to and from the parks?
On slow days a bus may wait for a minute or two, but even that is rare in my experience. Nice bus drivers will wait if they see people running to catch the bus.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
Old 12-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #2234
Bibbidi
DIS Veteran

We returned last Saturday from 6 nights at AoA in a LM standard room. We were in building 7, 4th floor, corner room closest to the food court with a water view over to Pop.

Having stayed in all levels of Disney hotels previously, we were hopeful for a fun experience, but didn't expect to love it as much as we did. My husband said it "would be hard to go back to a deluxe now and pay those prices." The themeing at the entire resort is amazing. The food court had really good food and though it was often crowded, we never had trouble finding a table. The grounds are meticulously maintained and the few times we rode the buses we never had much of a wait, coming or going. I felt like the location of AoA was so much better than when we stayed at ASMu, CBR, or even at POR. Somehow it just felt like it was really close to everything.

When we stayed at ASMu a few years ago, I really felt like I was at a value resort. Everything seemed "boxy", but with a Disney wrapping on it. At AoA you felt immersed in the movie. The Cars area was amazingly well themed. We walked around there our last night and took pictures by every single car. My least favorite area was Lion King. It just felt like they either ran out of time or money to add features to that part. There is no pool there and other than an outcropping to put up a movie screen, it just felt unfinished. The vegetation there was nice though.

I can see where the LM section could be a bit bothersome for those with small children or strollers. We walked 11 miles every single day of our trip with our two girls 11 and 9. We are a pretty active family and they never complained about the walk back and forth to our room--but it would have started to wear on me with small children that might be too old for a stroller, but not as ready to conquer the distance that we did each day. The beds are small--we have a king at home and sleeping in a double for 6 nights started to wear on me, but the beds in general were quite comfy. The room felt larger to me than I expected, so I was pleasantly surprised by that. Now if you try and compare the size to our hotel on our drive home (Hilton Garden Inn) the AoA rooms don't really compare.

All in all it was a GREAT vacation. Thanksgiving crowds were very manageable. With fastpasses, a little patience, and the willingness to hop on whatever ride had a short wait, you can have lots of fun during the Holiday Season. I prefer the parks not to be as full, I like my personal space---but we got to ride everything we wanted with very little waits by utilizing fast passes and entering the parks early and doing popular rides then. I would definitely go back again for Thanksgiving week if our family decided that is when we'd like to travel. Oh, and the weather was around the low 70s every day. No rain except our first night. Every day we wore jeans and a t-shirt, along with a heavy sweatshirt and never needed more than that in the evening.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #2235
Eoywin
DIS Veteran

Great report, Bibbidi!

We've only ever stayed at a mod (CBR), but we had originally planned on AKL for this trip until we realized that we'd all have to go to bed at the same time. So we opted for a family suite instead so DH and I can stay up/watch TV while DD is sleeping.

I've never stayed at a value but it sounds like AoA is going to be a blast to be at. We are in the Finding Nemo area and the pictures look so amazing!

Me DH DD - 5 years old

Past Trips: 1986 (offsite), 1993 (offsite), 2007(CBR), 2013 (AoA)

My Next WDW Trip: October 2016

The October 2016 Facebook Group

Visit my Blog!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: