Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #2206
Jacquie.1023
Earning My Ears

How is the transportation for AOA? I remember staying at All Stars and the buses seemed to come less often than other hotels. On average how often were you guys standing in line waiting for buses?

Thank you!
September '08: Adventures to Italy
July '09: AKL
November '09: AKL
February '10: BLT SS
August '10: All Star Movies, Boardwalk
August '11: AKL
August '12: DCL
Old 11-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #2207
raven0855
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
what were the lame options they gave you? so once they did that, it stayed at 65 the rest of the trip?

1. a balloon. To help with the sensor. I said so I have to buy a balloon-No they provided me with a latex balloon that was deflated by morning.

2. a box fan. Not a lot of room for it.

3. to have engineering come to the room a 2nd time to look at the thermostat.

4. switch rooms.

I wasnt really satisfied as there was still no way to really cool it down. So I said yes to 1-3 and then went over to POP to see if a room was available there. When I spoke to one of the managers she said she would call AoA and see what she could do. What I think happened at that point is they had someone install the "medical" thermostat because when we came back to the room the temp was set to 65 degrees.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #2208
raven0855
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkid721133 View Post
We are looking into AOA and have a 7,4, and 1 year old at the time of travel. For those who have stayed there, is it possible to fit a pack and play in the room for the one year old to sleep in?
Yes you can. It will be tight.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #2209
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven0855

1. a balloon. To help with the sensor. I said so I have to buy a balloon-No they provided me with a latex balloon that was deflated by morning.

2. a box fan. Not a lot of room for it.

3. to have engineering come to the room a 2nd time to look at the thermostat.

4. switch rooms.

I wasnt really satisfied as there was still no way to really cool it down. So I said yes to 1-3 and then went over to POP to see if a room was available there. When I spoke to one of the managers she said she would call AoA and see what she could do. What I think happened at that point is they had someone install the "medical" thermostat because when we came back to the room the temp was set to 65 degrees.
Is the medical therm. Actually a different control box or something? Or they just do an override? I bet as time goes on they get more & more complaints so they eventually lower the minimum temp.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using DISBoards
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 11-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #2210
raven0855
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
Is the medical therm. Actually a different control box or something? Or they just do an override? I bet as time goes on they get more & more complaints so they eventually lower the minimum temp.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using DISBoards
Not 100% sure. I know there was some sort of tool involved because the engineer came back later to ask if he left it. We were not in the room when it was changed (ironically) so Im not sure how it worked.

I was told that the 68 degrees is a global initiative that all of the resorts adhere to. It started sometime last year. What I dont understand about that though is why AoA acted so surprised that I was complaining about the temp. I learned about it when I went to Pop to complain.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #2211
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnsmills
I know there is free WiFi at AOA but from what I've heard it's spotty at best. Is there a Cat 5 network connection in the room for a faster, hard-wired connection? If so, is that free as well? We're checking on on Saturday and need to know if I need to bring a network cable for my laptop. Thanks.
I'm pretty sure there is no wired connection.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
Old 11-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #2212
sasquatch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquie.1023 View Post
How is the transportation for AOA? I remember staying at All Stars and the buses seemed to come less often than other hotels. On average how often were you guys standing in line waiting for buses?

Thank you!
Hoping to have the same question answered. I'm considering AOA or Pop and will be using the internal bus system.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #2213
Mom2Luci
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
Hoping to have the same question answered. I'm considering AOA or Pop and will be using the internal bus system.
When we were there in October, the busses ran fairly frequently. The only time we waited more than 10 mins was after MNSSHP. I DID overhear people complaining about the busses to the water parks, but we only hit the big 4, so I don't have first hand knowledge.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #2214
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatch

We were at AoA in Sept and had very few problems with the busses. We never waited more than 10 minutes at the resort, and that was when we walked up when a bus had just pulled away. The worst thing I could say is that the busses were pretty crowded at night when we left the parks, but that will be true of any resort!
Old 11-30-2012, 04:47 AM   #2215
LaurieN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquie.1023

Thank you!
We just spent 3 nights ( Thanksgiving weekend) and with the exception of 1 morning the busses were great!!! Only waited about 5 minutes for buses both to and from parks. That one morning we were headed to Animal Kingdom was crazy; the line was so long with 4 wheelchairs and 2 scooters. Had we not gotten out of line and taken a cab we would have had to wait for a third bus. I have to say that was the exception though, we were very impressed with the buses overall this trip!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:31 AM   #2216
disneyfan2kids
DIS Veteran

AoA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkid721133 View Post
We are looking into AOA and have a 7,4, and 1 year old at the time of travel. For those who have stayed there, is it possible to fit a pack and play in the room for the one year old to sleep in?
Never been to AoA... but the sq ft is 277 of those rooms. I have stayed at the All-Star resorts several times and they are only 260 sq ft and I could've had a pack-n-play in there if I wanted. Either in between the beds, in the vanity area (before bathroom) or over by the table/chairs if you push them against the wall.

So, my guess is "yes" you can fit a pack-n-play in there.

Word!

Old 11-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #2217
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan2kids View Post
Never been to AoA... but the sq ft is 277 of those rooms. I have stayed at the All-Star resorts several times and they are only 260 sq ft and I could've had a pack-n-play in there if I wanted. Either in between the beds, in the vanity area (before bathroom) or over by the table/chairs if you push them against the wall.

So, my guess is "yes" you can fit a pack-n-play in there.

Word!
I would say there's room for one also. we stayed at Sports last year and had no problem with one. We didn't use one at AoA this year but I think it could've easily fit it.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #2218
OnePrincessMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjie View Post
Yes they sell a 24 pack of 12 oz bottles of Dasani. Cost is $16.

We just came back on Friday.
Would they deliver that to our room? Thanks.
January 2007 Poly | September 2007 CR | December 2008 Pop | September 2009 POFQ | October 2010 POFQ | August 2011 ASMu | July 2012 Disney Magic | January 2013 AoA | August 2013 HHI | August 2014 Disney Fantasy
Old 11-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #2219
disneydreamfan14
See Ya Real Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquie.1023 View Post

Thank you!
Buses are not bad at all. We never waited more than 10 minutes (except one day for MK, we were near the back of the line and didn't make the first bus to come by, a 15 minute extra wait). They run fairly frequently.

From MK back to AoA, there were two buses for AoA loading at once, right after Wishes.I didn't see two buses loading at once for any other resorts, maybe it was an exception.

From AK, maybe 10 minute wait.

From EPCOT, maybe a 5 minute wait.

From HS, we waited 5 (for a TTC bus) but saw AoA buses going around.

Overall, they transport is great. However, if no AoA bus is in sight, and you don't mind walking a bit, hop on a POP bus if one is loading. Then walk across Hourglass Lake from POP back to AoA, probably take the same or less amount of time as waiting for the AoA bus.
Disney Cruise Line
•2011 - Disney Dream 3-night Bahamas
Disneyland
•2012 - Day Trip
Old 11-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #2220
disneydreamfan14
See Ya Real Soon!

ALSO, one last transport tip:

The line for Hollywood Studios was ALWAYS very long whenever we were in line (around 8:30 AM) to leave AoA. Get to the AoA bus line a little earlier than regular if youre planning on going to HS in the morning. That was our experience.
Disney Cruise Line
•2011 - Disney Dream 3-night Bahamas
Disneyland
•2012 - Day Trip
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: