Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #2161
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

I'm very concerned with reports of how warm the rooms are here. I've had my heart set on staying here for YEARs. But I am a HOT sleeper....and can't sleep if I'm too warm. as an example, its been down to probably 25-30 degrees lately at night, and I sleep with my windows open and a window fan going. My room is like an ice locker. So just the thought of sleeping in a room that's 70+ degrees is making me break out in a sweat. Does anyone have any experience with these so-called "medical thermostats" that I read about here that enables the thermostat to be set lower?

Sent from my SCH-I405 using DISBoards
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
Old 11-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #2162
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee2177 View Post
Checked into our LM room today. There was a bit of a wait at the online check in counter but not too bad. The room is great just wish AC worked better. Have it set as low as possible but it's still about 74 in room...we like it a bit cooler at night.
are you able to post a photo of the thermostat or at least give any model name/# you can find on it? As I'm just finding out, there's a boatload of articles/videos on how to override these thermostats
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #2163
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

We just transferred our reservation from CBR to a Little Mermaid room!!!! Getting excited again already and we still have 306 days!!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #2164
disneydreamfan14
See Ya Real Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
I'm very concerned with reports of how warm the rooms are here. I've had my heart set on staying here for YEARs. But I am a HOT sleeper....and can't sleep if I'm too warm. as an example, its been down to probably 25-30 degrees lately at night, and I sleep with my windows open and a window fan going. My room is like an ice locker. So just the thought of sleeping in a room that's 70+ degrees is making me break out in a sweat. Does anyone have any experience with these so-called "medical thermostats" that I read about here that enables the thermostat to be set lower?

We didn't have any problems with the heat. It was actually kind of cold in the middle of the night, I believe the thermostat goes down (not sure, I was sleeping!) without movement, so if your a hot sleeper it shouldn't be too bad. I definitely wouldn't cancel a trip to AoA because of it, it's not as big of a deal as some make it out to be. Lots of people like to be warm when they sleep, not a 68 degree room.
Disney Cruise Line
•2011 - Disney Dream 3-night Bahamas
Disneyland
•2012 - Day Trip
Old 11-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #2165
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

the problem is the fan goes off without movement (i.e. at night) making the room hot at night. add to that tthe fact that people are saying although it claims to be 68 in the room, it actually feels more like mid-70s with the humidity. I usually turn the therms in hotels down to 60 so the room is nice and cold. I cannot sleep when hot and the last thing i want is to not get a good nights sleep while at WDW, after walking around the parks 12 hours a day. I am miserable if I don't get my 8-9 hours of sleep. i hope to hear over the next few months that maintenance is able to override the minimum of 68 when needed.
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
Old 11-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #2166
TinkandPooh
Mouseketeer

Location: CA....Never too far from the Mouse!!! When it comes to relocation if it's not near a Disney Park my husband may as well never ask because it will never happen!

Does anyone happen to know if there is humidity this time of year into mid December?
I have been told that he humidity is no longer a issue at this time a year verses say August and September however I would like to confirm that with others.
We are set to check in to AOA on Wednesday and so looking forward to our stay and just hoping that we wont have to deal with the kind of humidity that we had to deal with when we took a trip in August one year and that we wont have to deal with a hot suite at AOA because of the thermostat issues

Cast Members: Me DH DD DD DD DS
Old 11-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #2167
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama

I too am a hot sleeper and have read somewhere that you can take the thermostat off the wall and put it in a warmer spot so it can tell it is hot in the room, but to put it back in the morning. It gets hot because the thermostat is generally right near the output vent.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #2168
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieN
We checked in yesterday, WOW the pictures don't do it justice! We are in a Cars room, my boys don't even want to go to the parks!
We did on-line check in, but it didn't matter there were no lines. The CM who took care of us was super nice, I requested a pool view room but none were ready (it was 12:30). She didn't want us to wait for our room to be ready so she checked to see if there was one she could put us in. There wasn't but she could put us in another room if the view didn't matter. We are at the end of the hall facing the lake over to Pop, it's great!
My only complaint (and it's not Disney's fault) is, it is so noisy!!! People running and yelling in the halls!!
Laurie
I'd live to hear what building you were in as we have booked a Cars suite as well and requested building 1 (Mater) and a pool view, but we do plan to check in a wee but early. Overall how was your stay? (when you're back from Disney of course!)

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 12/2014 - ?
Old 11-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #2169
dnsmills
Disney Obsessed

I've read that the thermostats are motion activated. No motion = the unit turns off = gets warm at night. Someone threw out the suggestion of buying a balloon at the park and putting it near the thermostat so it can 'see' it. That way it stays on all night. I plan on giving it a try when we check in this Saturday.
Art of Animation - Dec 2012
Old 11-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #2170
dznygurl
Mouseketeer

We stayed in the Cars Suite last week. We had no problems with the air. I set it down to 68 at night and it was nice and cold all night (no movement needed)

1989 1st trip to WDW
2000 POFQ (Thanksgiving)
2002 POR (4th of July)
2006 Silver Lakes Resort (Mardi Gras)
2009 Windsor Hills (Mardi Gras)
2010 AKL (just the girls)
2012 AoA (Thanksgiving)
Old 11-25-2012, 10:58 PM   #2171
wahmtexas
Mouseketeer

2sleeps to go so excited for our Cars suite but praying my son is okay he has had a fever since wed night it finally broke this am but he is still not 100% He is never sick so we are hoping we dont all get it!
Sept.2010: Carribbean Beach, 3d trip with my kids
Dec. 2012 Art Of Animation, Cars Suite Lovin my work at home business paying for our Disney addiction!
Dec. 2013 POR Royal Room, Surprise trip for kids!

Old 11-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #2172
heartpooh
Earning My Ears

We are at AOA now in the LM room. It is HOT!!! It is 1 am and I can't sleep it is so hot. I do believe it helped a little because we brought a fan from home (thank goodness)!

I do not have any other complaints! The resort would be perfect if the air worked!!
Old 11-26-2012, 02:27 AM   #2173
ZoeisMommy
ºoº Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartpooh
We are at AOA now in the LM room. It is HOT!!! It is 1 am and I can't sleep it is so hot. I do believe it helped a little because we brought a fan from home (thank goodness)!

I do not have any other complaints! The resort would be perfect if the air worked!!
Call for maintenance and they will be there ASAP hope you have a wonderful trip, we just returned home.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:19 AM   #2174
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Yes, call maintenance and see what they can do. Also, if someone there can take a pic of the therm & post it, along with make/model, I'm curious to see if I can find directions on how to o verride it

Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
Old 11-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #2175
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
Yes, call maintenance and see what they can do. Also, if someone there can take a pic of the therm & post it, along with make/model, I'm curious to see if I can find directions on how to o verride it

Go to this thread, http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009843. Click the link in the first post. When you get to Photobucket scroll all the way down. Give the pictures time to load. There's a picture of the thermostat on the next to last row of pics.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: