Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #196
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

OOooooh!! Maybe if lots of suites are sitting empty they will upgrade some of the LM rooms to suites trying to 'sell' them for future visits. Wishful thinking, but that is what most resorts do with empty rooms - gets more buzz out about the suites. Once we stayed in a 1 BR DVC, we never wanted to go back to staying in a studio. Fingers crossed..

Old 08-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #197
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway in the Sky View Post
I agree. I think Little Mermaid and Lion King should have been "standard" rooms and then Nemo and Cars for suites. Limiting to just LM I think is going to be too restricting for the resort. I guess we will see if LM is always booked, yet the suites are wide open.

However, is there much land left? Could they build another building(s)? Say an Alice themed wing, if they find the standard rooms are in huge demand? I don't think transforming one of the suites buildings to standard rooms would work. Even if they had made a small portion of all buildings have standard rooms, that would have been good to. Time will tell.
I think it would probably be more cost effective to adjust the pricing structure of what they just finished building.

But yes, I said all along I wished they had sprinkled some standard room into those other sections all over the resort. I think they could have even charged a little more. I would have gladly paid a little more to be in a stadard room closer to the bus stops and Animation Hall. But not as much as a suite!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #198
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

Here's a sample of activities at the resort.
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
Old 08-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #199
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
OOooooh!! Maybe if lots of suites are sitting empty they will upgrade some of the LM rooms to suites trying to 'sell' them for future visits. Wishful thinking, but that is what most resorts do with empty rooms - gets more buzz out about the suites. Once we stayed in a 1 BR DVC, we never wanted to go back to staying in a studio. Fingers crossed..
Ooh! Good thought! I wonder........ We'll be staying in a LM room in November, so we'll see what happens
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 08-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #200
kbarrett
Mouseketeer

We were booked for 2 LM rooms because it was cheaper for our family of 6 but then FD came out and we switched to Lion King Suites... I would've booked a suite right away but it was more $$$ so if they alter their pricing they would surely have a huge demand for their suites! So excited we got what we truly wanted and saved some $
Old 08-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #201
ang
"My life, my love, my children"

I signing up for info! Thanks!!
off site 1994 Port Orleans Resort 1995Caribbean Resort 1996 All Start Movie Resort 1999: All Star Movies Resort 2000 All Star Music Resort 2003 Pop Century 2004 Pop Century aug/2007 Pop Century June/2009 Royal Pacific Hotel 2011/Pop Century 2014

Old 08-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #202
czmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I like how you think! We are booked for a LM room in December, but would happily take an upgrade to a suite. Or maybe the suites will be included in the room only discount for the fall??
Old 08-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #203
Hoosier37
DIS Veteran

I would love some pixie dust to upgrade us to a suite - we honestly like all the Disney movies referenced at AoA and would love a suite if it wasn't for the price. However, we'll be just fine in our LM standard room too.

WDW Trips
POP Century, March 2011
Art of Animation Little Mermaid, June 2013
Hoping to return in June 2015

(me) (DH) (DS14) (DD11)
Old 08-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #204
mickeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShanShan View Post
Just got back from five nights at AoA yesterday. It was very UNcrowded. Of course only Nemo and Cars are open right now. The CM checking us in said the suites are not selling like they expected. We were told by her they were operating at about 30-35% occupancy for the sections open, but then we had another CM tell us they were at about 60-65% occupancy, so who knows. They both said LM were the rooms most requested, so it looks like that's where everyone wants to stay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I've wondered about this from the get-go. I think there was demand for more family suites. But I'm not sure there was THIS much demad. Gonna be interesting to see if that changes over time.
I heard that the suites weren't selling that well, also. The LM rooms, however, are the 'hot tickets' in town!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlov View Post
My guess is the suites aren't selling as well b/c of the price. I think in this economy, cost is really a factor for many people.
Absolutely. Some people may have money to burn, but your average family or person has to watch the budget and price can mean a difference between getting to WDW or not, or how long you can stay on your trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway in the Sky View Post
I agree. I think Little Mermaid and Lion King should have been "standard" rooms and then Nemo and Cars for suites. Limiting to just LM I think is going to be too restricting for the resort. I guess we will see if LM is always booked, yet the suites are wide open.
Even if they had made a small portion of all buildings have standard rooms, that would have been good to. Time will tell.
Yes, I think that making the LK section standard or making some of each section into standard rooms is going to be a future possibility. Guests would love to try the different themes and there are a lot of small sized families today. Many couples don't have too many children, so unless they go with extended family they only want a room for four.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post
Here's a sample of activities at the resort.
Thanks for the info; we are def into pin trading!

Old 08-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #205
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye View Post
Yes, I think that making the LK section standard or making some of each section into standard rooms is going to be a future possibility. Guests would love to try the different themes and there are a lot of small sized families today. Many couples don't have too many children, so unless they go with extended family they only want a room for four.
I don't think they would go to the extra cost of converting the rooms...if that's even possible with the current layout. I would think it would be easier and more cost effective to fill the rooms with strategic use of discounts/promotions, or simply lower the price to be similar to 2 LM rooms.

I would have loved for there to be standard rooms in each building (esp. if a few of them connected to a suite to make an larger suite. As it is, we had to get two suites for our September trip because we have 9 people, and are going before the LM rooms open.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #206
mnmhouston
Mouseketeer

Upcoming trip staying in LM for an intro to the resort. We are loyal Poppers and unless this resort blows our mind will probably go back there for future trips.

We, and probably most, go to value for the VALUE. Would love to check out the suite but would rather stay in a mod with some of the mod luxuries for the same price.

I know the all stars have suites too. Never priced them, what's the price difference between those and the ones at AoA? Just curious as they should def be in line with each other.
5 or 6 times as a kid, no idea when I went or where I stayed NYE 1999 Coronado Springs October 2005 Old Key West November 2006 Pop Century September 2007 Pop Century August 2010 Pop Century August 2011 Pop Century April 2013 AoA LM
Old 08-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #207
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would be surprised if they did it but not unhappy. I would think the only way they would do it is if many of the suites were not booked and all the LM rooms were booked. I read some posts awhile back that people were hoping for an upgrade due to a special occasion. I think it was on another board. I doubted that would happen, but could see it if the LM rooms were all sold out but not many of the suites.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #208
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

My guess is that they will tweek the room only discount enough to fill the suites just in the nick of time.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #209
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Also, the AoA suites are still new - not everyone really knows about them. They may fill up more readily as people discover them.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #210
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
My guess is that they will tweek the room only discount enough to fill the suites just in the nick of time.
I bet that's a real possibility too.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: