Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #2056
kordoyne
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! We have two rooms booked at AoA LM rooms for Feb 2013. I keep going back and fourth if I should change to POP. I'm really worried about the walk. I have seen mixed reviews. I tried looking for a video of the walk online to give me a better idea but could not find any. I am not worried about the adults but we do have children going on the trip (ages: 19mths,3,7 &9). We are renting a stroller so we will not have it with us for the walk to and from. I really do love the look of AoA much more than POP. I now see some people are trying to switch from POP to AoA LM!!!! I have no idea what I should do!

So my question is... Should I stay with AoA LM or see if I can book at POP?
Old 11-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #2057
TSM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kordoyne View Post
Hi everyone! We have two rooms booked at AoA LM rooms for Feb 2013. I keep going back and fourth if I should change to POP. I'm really worried about the walk. I have seen mixed reviews. I tried looking for a video of the walk online to give me a better idea but could not find any. I am not worried about the adults but we do have children going on the trip (ages: 19mths,3,7 &9). We are renting a stroller so we will not have it with us for the walk to and from. I really do love the look of AoA much more than POP. I now see some people are trying to switch from POP to AoA LM!!!! I have no idea what I should do!

Stay at AoA!!! We stayed in the LM section in Sept and loved it.just request closest to bus stop.we were in building 9 parking lot view and could walk around parking lot to bus stop pretty quick.(4 min walk)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 07:07 AM   #2058
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kordoyne

One quick suggestion: rent a real stroller from Kingdom Strollers or one of the other companies instead of renting from Disney. It is cheaper and you will have it for the resort.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:35 AM   #2059
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kordoyne View Post

I really don't think the walk to the LM rooms should be enough of a worry to cause you to switch resorts. The walk to LM is the longest but it's been reported to be a 5-7 minute walk at a normal pace.

At either resort, Pop or AoA, you will need to walk from the buses to your room. Yes, it's more likely to get a building/room at Pop with a closer walk to the buses, but you're not going to be just steps away no matter where you are.

As kordoyne suggests, looking into a third-party stroller rental is a good idea -- having a stroller for little ones is something you will want all around, at the resort and for the walk to and from the buses to the front of each park.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 11-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #2060
mnmhouston
Mouseketeer

LM Closest Building

Are all in favor of requesting building 9 to be closest to bus/Animation Hall?
5 or 6 times as a kid, no idea when I went or where I stayed NYE 1999 Coronado Springs October 2005 Old Key West November 2006 Pop Century September 2007 Pop Century August 2010 Pop Century August 2011 Pop Century April 2013 AoA LM
Old 11-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #2061
Tigger's ally
Segway test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
One quick suggestion: rent a real stroller from Kingdom Strollers or one of the other companies instead of renting from Disney. It is cheaper and you will have it for the resort.
But also remember that you will have to haul them on and off the busses if bus transportation is you plan.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #2062
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmhouston View Post
Looks like a good idea to me. Parts of building 7 are pretty much the same distance as building 9, but depending on where you are placed it could be a longer distance. So I think I would give the nod to requesting building 9.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 11-13-2012, 07:29 AM   #2063
disneydreamfan14
See Ya Real Soon!

Just returned!! Ahh I didn't want to leave AoA! Its amazing! The decoration is superb.

Ill write a more detailed review later today.

As for the walk to the bus from AoA, it shouldn't be more than five minutes with strollers. I would choose Art or Animation.
Disney Cruise Line
•2011 - Disney Dream 3-night Bahamas
Disneyland
•2012 - Day Trip
Old 11-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #2064
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just curious...how do you put in a request for a certain building? I know when you do online check in, some resorts give you options like "close to transportation" and I think I've read about people faxing in requests.

So what's the best way to request for AoA? Going in a couple weeks...can't wait!

Old 11-13-2012, 08:29 AM   #2065
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

Just returned! If you're concerned about the walk, don't be. The resort is much smaller than it looks.

We were in building 5, Nemo and it was incredible. Surprisingly, the coffee table/stools in our room were already showing significant wear but other than that, the room was perfect. We are a family of 6 and this was just perfect.

The QS dining was a tad crowded too but really, those are my only complaints!

Juli & Wayne's Fairy Tale Wedding WP/WHP 11/1/2012 ~Planning Journal
Old 11-13-2012, 08:41 AM   #2066
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I actully requested building 7. I didn't wan to be tempted to walk through the parking lot to shave a minute or two off of my walk. I want to walk through the courtyard and enjoy the scenery. But we are arriving very late at night, so I'm expecting to have trouble with the room placement. Since we'll be there 10 nights, I'm prepared to change rooms at some point if needed.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #2067
slabau
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn

Just curious...how do you put in a request for a certain building? I know when you do online check in, some resorts give you options like "close to transportation" and I think I've read about people faxing in requests.

So what's the best way to request for AoA? Going in a couple weeks...can't wait!
Hi HLAuburn, I called Disney just yesterday and requested the Tow Mater building. They will not guarantee your request but it is added onto your reservation.

Happy Planning!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #2068
Mom2Luci
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I actully requested building 7. I didn't wan to be tempted to walk through the parking lot to shave a minute or two off of my walk. I want to walk through the courtyard and enjoy the scenery. But we are arriving very late at night, so I'm expecting to have trouble with the room placement. Since we'll be there 10 nights, I'm prepared to change rooms at some point if needed.
I was worried about the same thing - I had requested bldg 7 or 9 with adjoining rooms and we arrived at the resort a little before 10 pm. We got bldg 9, parking lot view, 3 rooms from the middle and our rooms were connecting.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #2069
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Luci View Post
I was worried about the same thing - I had requested bldg 7 or 9 with adjoining rooms and we arrived at the resort a little before 10 pm. We got bldg 9, parking lot view, 3 rooms from the middle and our rooms were connecting.
Thanks for that. I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Old 11-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #2070
rhul
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna319 View Post
Does the standard room not appear because they are all sold out?
One thing to remember right now is that the LM rooms are not included in many of the discount promotions. So for example if you started your search with the "Fall Package Discount" only the suites will show up. If you clear your cookies & start a new search with no discounts then the Mermaid rooms are available.

For my Dec trip I had a major choice between staying again in a LM room (which I loved) for 3 nights or staying at POP for 4 nights for less $$. So I'm staying at POP but using the bridge to visit & eat at LoF. (I'm sooo craving the Vegetarian nan breakfast... with bacon. )

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: