Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #2026
lovestigger
Earning My Ears

Just Back from AOA LM

We just returned from a wonderful trip staying in the LM section at AOA. The themeing at this resort is amazing. Especially loved the Cars section.

Arrived at 8:30 AM and did regular check-in. No line at all! There were a few families in the Online check-in line. We were told that both of our requests had been met but were only given our building number at check in. Received a text at 10:30 AM with our actual room number.

We were only at the resort for (4) nights, and do not have any small children, so we were ok with the walk. Did not try to take food back to the room though because I am certain it would have gotten cold.

We were in a ground floor room in building seven very close to the lake. It was very quiet. We had no problems with Mousekeeping. We folded the bedspread in the corner the first night and it remained there throughout our stay.

My laptop did fit in the safe!! We had both internet and cellphone (Verizon) service the whole stay.

Bus service was great -- did have to stand many times though.

We have a 12 year old with food allergies and dealt with (2) different chefs both were very accommodating.

Did try out the pools -- water was a little chilly but doable.

I am really happy that we choose to stay in the LM room for this trip but we are going back to the POP for the following reasons:

(1) LOTS AND LOTS of small children at AOA -- I think this is due to the larger rooms accommodating larger family sizes. (Flavors was a zoo at prime time and the buses were loaded with strollers and small children -- just meant that we gave up our seats to mothers juggling small children.) Hey Disney is about Children of all ages -- not complaining -- just stating facts!

(2) There were only (3) of us so a regular room meets our needs -- Missed the preferred rooms at the POP.

You will love AOA! Have Fun!!
Old 11-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #2027
TinkandPooh
Mouseketeer

Location: CA....Never too far from the Mouse!!! When it comes to relocation if it's not near a Disney Park my husband may as well never ask because it will never happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovestigger View Post
We just returned from a wonderful trip staying in the LM section at AOA. The themeing at this resort is amazing. Especially loved the Cars section.

Arrived at 8:30 AM and did regular check-in. No line at all! There were a few families in the Online check-in line. We were told that both of our requests had been met but were only given our building number at check in. Received a text at 10:30 AM with our actual room number.

We were only at the resort for (4) nights, and do not have any small children, so we were ok with the walk. Did not try to take food back to the room though because I am certain it would have gotten cold.

We were in a ground floor room in building seven very close to the lake. It was very quiet. We had no problems with Mousekeeping. We folded the bedspread in the corner the first night and it remained there throughout our stay.

My laptop did fit in the safe!! We had both internet and cellphone (Verizon) service the whole stay.

Bus service was great -- did have to stand many times though.

We have a 12 year old with food allergies and dealt with (2) different chefs both were very accommodating.

Did try out the pools -- water was a little chilly but doable.

I am really happy that we choose to stay in the LM room for this trip but we are going back to the POP for the following reasons:

(1) LOTS AND LOTS of small children at AOA -- I think this is due to the larger rooms accommodating larger family sizes. (Flavors was a zoo at prime time and the buses were loaded with strollers and small children -- just meant that we gave up our seats to mothers juggling small children.) Hey Disney is about Children of all ages -- not complaining -- just stating facts!

(2) There were only (3) of us so a regular room meets our needs -- Missed the preferred rooms at the POP.

You will love AOA! Have Fun!!

Enjoyed yor review
Thanks for the insight and glad you had a great time
We too will be dealing with special diets when we go and I have always found Disneyland in California to be very good about it so it is nice to hear that Florida is good as well because we have 2 that will need to eat Gluten free due to Celiac.
Cant wait for November 28th

Cast Members: Me DH DD DD DD DS
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #2028
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

I've read over 100 posts and am finding a ton of info on the LM rooms, but very little on the suites in comparison. We will be in a Cars suite 12/5 to 12/11. Looking for recommendations on the best room/building requests to make. I have a two year old as well as a 12 year old and my husband and I. It's our first trip with a toddler so while the rest of us are rope drop to closing I'm not sure how the two year old will do. I'd love to look at something other than the parking lot, but most importantly I guess is that my family is well rested as we introduce our youngest member to Disney! Any advice on which room/building would help us do that in the Cars suites?

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ; 5/2015 - WL
Old 11-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #2029
Lisamarie4400
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire
I've read over 100 posts and am finding a ton of info on the LM rooms, but very little on the suites in comparison. We will be in a Cars suite 12/5 to 12/11. Looking for recommendations on the best room/building requests to make. I have a two year old as well as a 12 year old and my husband and I. It's our first trip with a toddler so while the rest of us are rope drop to closing I'm not sure how the two year old will do. I'd love to look at something other than the parking lot, but most importantly I guess is that my family is well rested as we introduce our youngest member to Disney! Any advice on which room/building would help us do that in the Cars suites?
We get their the day you leave. Staying in cars also. I have read bldg one is closest to food and buses.
October 2013 One Day for Halloween Party
January 2014 3 Days on Disney Magic Cruise Ship

December 2014 5 days on Disney Wonder
Old 11-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #2030
ABDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovestigger View Post
Thanks for your review, enjoyed it. How did you deal with 2 different chefs regarding food allergies for the youngster? Was it when you ordered your meal you mentioned to the server? I have a 4 1/2 yr old that also have food allergies. Any insight would be appreciated.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #2031
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisamarie4400 View Post
We get their the day you leave. Staying in cars also. I have read bldg one is closest to food and buses.
That sounds familiar now that you mention it. I read so many posts I was going a little cross eyed with all the info. It was actually 100 pages of posts! I guess I could request a courtyard/pool view for our room. I just prefer not to look at the parking lot, especially since I might be hanging out in the room for naptime! I thinking being close to food & the buses would probably be useful with a little one who will be tired & cranky at the end of the night. And since the themeing is supposed to be so good in the Cars building it's probably a good view to have, right?

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ; 5/2015 - WL
Old 11-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #2032
rhul
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Has anyone noticed if they sell distilled water in the gift shop or food court? If anyone is there and can look, that would be great. My friend is going and needs it for her CPAP machine.
When I was there the first week of Oct I did not see distilled water for sale at LoF. I too have a CPAP so I put distilled water in a couple reused 16oz plastic bottles in a Wine Diaper (winediaper.com) in my checked luggage. So I could leave the empties in the recycling & re-used the Diaper to protect a bottle I'd bought at F&W.

But really, the CPAP will not implode if you use bottled for a couple days. Just do a good rinse when you get home.

Last edited by rhul; 11-07-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:51 PM   #2033
mickeye
DIS Veteran

I wanted to order two cases of water from Walmart tonight for our trip and have it delivered to the AoA. It said it would ship it on 11/17. We don't arrive until 11/24 so I didn't complete the order thinking that it may get there too early (this is the first time I've ever tried doing this). How do you know when you should order to have it delivered at the right time? I doubt the resorts want groceries delivered too far ahead of time as they have to store them all somewhere. When should I place my order for our 11/24 arrival? Thanks for your help and advice.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #2034
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye View Post
I wanted to order two cases of water from Walmart tonight for our trip and have it delivered to the AoA. It said it would ship it on 11/17. We don't arrive until 11/24 so I didn't complete the order thinking that it may get there too early (this is the first time I've ever tried doing this). How do you know when you should order to have it delivered at the right time? I doubt the resorts want groceries delivered too far ahead of time as they have to store them all somewhere. When should I place my order for our 11/24 arrival? Thanks for your help and advice.
I ordered mine a week before and it arrived the same day that I did.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)
Old 11-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #2035
macleod1979
Mouseketeer

My girl is taking me next year for my birthday.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #2036
mickeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareHeartsDisney View Post
I ordered mine a week before and it arrived the same day that I did.
Thank you so much! I hope your area of NY wasn't hit too badly by the storm. We had some bad damage, but are basically fine. I see that you are leaving very soon; have the best time ever!

Old 11-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #2037
lovestigger
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABDisney View Post
Thanks for your review, enjoyed it. How did you deal with 2 different chefs regarding food allergies for the youngster? Was it when you ordered your meal you mentioned to the server? I have a 4 1/2 yr old that also have food allergies. Any insight would be appreciated.
Just tell anyone serving food at the counter service that you have food allergies and they will get the chef on duty. We had two different chefs on two different days at AOA. If you are making any table service reservations, be certain to put the food allergies on your reservation. The chef will come to your table. Disney is great at accommodating food allergies!
Old 11-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #2038
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye View Post
Thank you so much! I hope your area of NY wasn't hit too badly by the storm. We had some bad damage, but are basically fine. I see that you are leaving very soon; have the best time ever!
You're welcome. We were lucky, we were spared by the storm. We're about a 4 hour drive to NYC so being inland helped. We only got a little rain and some wind and it wasn't as strong as they were predicting. I'm glad to hear that you were fine.

Yes, we're really looking forward to our trip to Universal. We're going with extended family and they've never been there.

We're surprising our kids and niece and nephew. We're taking them to MVMCP while we're in the area. They think we're only going to Downtown Disney. I can't wait to see their faces when they find out.

I hope you have a great trip as well!

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)
Old 11-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #2039
buffalogirl
Ohh do I get to be first?
I'm still feeling optimistic

Not sure if this has already been answered, but how many floors are in the LK buildings? Thanks!

ETA: Found the answer, 4 floors.
CSR Dec 2008
AoA Lion King Suites Nov 2012

Last edited by buffalogirl; 11-08-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #2040
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalogirl View Post
Not sure if this has already been answered, but how many floors are in the LK buildings? Thanks!

ETA: Found the answer, 4 floors.
I was just about to answer your question. Here's a pic:

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: