Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 08:03 AM   #1996
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aug19 View Post
When I made the reservations for next week I accidentally made a reserv. for a LM room instead of a family suite.

I have 4 kids (16, 14, 8 and 10).

Should I change the reservation which may include changing resorts or just bring a couple of air mattresses.

We are only there for 3 nights (it's a quick get a way trip) and wont be spending any time at all in the room.

Other idea is to reserv. another adjoining room -- do they connect with a door in the middle? I cant tell by any pictures if they do.

I purchased my tickets separately through Disney online so they aren't connected to the room/resort.

This is our 5th trip and I still feel like I dont know what I am doing with Disney preparations....ack!

I am shocked you were even able to book a LM room. You are a party of 5 and you are only allowed 4 in an LM room. You have to either book another LM room or change to a suite.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #1997
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aug19 View Post
When I made the reservations for next week I accidentally made a reserv. for a LM room instead of a family suite.

Should I change the reservation which may include changing resorts or just bring a couple of air mattresses.

We are only there for 3 nights (it's a quick get a way trip) and wont be spending any time at all in the room.

Other idea is to reserv. another adjoining room -- do they connect with a door in the middle? I cant tell by any pictures if they do.

I purchased my tickets separately through Disney online so they aren't connected to the room/resort.

This is our 5th trip and I still feel like I dont know what I am doing with Disney preparations....ack!
I would think your odds of even getting an extra room there on short notice would be slim.

But yes, the system should never have let you book that room.

I do think that even on a short trip where you don't plan to be in the room, you will be very unhappy in such tight quarters with that many older kids.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #1998
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aug19

As stated above, The maximum occupancy for a Little Mermaid room is 4. You can request adjoining rooms, but they are not guaranteed. I would try to get a suite.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
Old 11-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #1999
crarmy
Mouseketeer

Family suite at AOA

My husband and I are traveling with our 21 year old and our 11 and 9yr old. Are the family suites at AOA roomy enough for a family of 5?? I undestand there are enough beds, but are we gonna be on top of each other??
Thanks!!

Old 11-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #2000
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Has anyone noticed if they sell distilled water in the gift shop or food court? If anyone is there and can look, that would be great. My friend is going and needs it for her CPAP machine.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #2001
Lisamarie4400
Mouseketeer

I know some people have mentioned the doors can hold magnets. Can anyone confirm? Just wondering if we can order magnets to decorate.
October 2013 One Day for Halloween Party
January 2014 3 Days on Disney Magic Cruise Ship

December 2014 5 days on Disney Wonder
Old 11-03-2012, 07:10 AM   #2002
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crarmy
My husband and I are traveling with our 21 year old and our 11 and 9yr old. Are the family suites at AOA roomy enough for a family of 5?? I undestand there are enough beds, but are we gonna be on top of each other??
Thanks!!
I honestly think you will be fine. Although my kids are younger than yours, we had 3 adults, DS9, and DD3 and never felt cramped. I was worried about it because in the past, we have done 2-bedroom DVC villas which are huge compared to the family suites! The fact that there are 2 bathrooms helps a ton!
Old 11-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #2003
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by crarmy View Post
Thanks!!
I think you'll be just fine. The suits are fairly big!

Oh god there's the yeti! - The Trip Report!.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!- Aug. 2015 DL @ Stanford Inn & Suites -

Old 11-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #2004
mickeye
DIS Veteran

Three weeks to go!

Old 11-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #2005
ZoeisMommy
ºoº Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye
Three weeks to go!
I can hardly wait!!! Even though some people around here would like to sling a monkey wrench in our plans.(I don't mean here on the boards I mean here at home)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Last edited by ZoeisMommy; 11-03-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #2006
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by crarmy View Post
Thanks!!

Unfortunately yes, you will be on top of each other. Anytime we have to use the sleeper sofa and don't have living space, it feels too small to me. They're really cute though. I couldn't do them for more than a night or two. Theres not much drawer space either.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Old 11-04-2012, 01:39 AM   #2007
heartpooh
Earning My Ears

Just got done reading all 134 pages...shew...boy am I tired...lol...

Can't wait for our trip to AoA in a LM room...only 20 days to go!!!

Thanks for all of the info...we usually stay at the Contemporary but wanted to have a little more Disney in our trip. This is our 12th trip and the excitement never dwindles!!!
Old 11-04-2012, 06:30 AM   #2008
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

I need to read this whole thread, but we are staying in a Cars suite! I'm so excited and I know my Cars obsessed 2 year old will go nuts! I am hoping it will give us a little more space, but my main concern was having separate sleeping space for my 12 year old and my two year old.

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 11-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #2009
mickeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeisMommy View Post
I can hardly wait!!! Even though some people around here would like to sling a monkey wrench in our plans.(I don't mean here on the boards I mean here at home)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Oh, no! I hope everything is going to be okay for you. Is it just you and the baby going on the trip?

Old 11-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #2010
TinkandPooh
Mouseketeer

Location: CA....Never too far from the Mouse!!! When it comes to relocation if it's not near a Disney Park my husband may as well never ask because it will never happen!

Just a quick check in as we approach our final count down
14 more days until online check in
So excited.
We are all sick right now with colds so Im hoping that we are getting all the sickness out of the way before we go and we will all be real healthy and full of energy for this trip

Cast Members: Me DH DD DD DD DS
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: