Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 12:24 AM   #1936
TPR
Earning My Ears

Stayed at Art of Animation opening weekend. I loved it! Was amazed by all the *little* touches...the audio under water in the pool was incredible. Has anyone else seen this at any other resort?
Old 10-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #1937
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPR View Post
Stayed at Art of Animation opening weekend. I loved it! Was amazed by all the *little* touches...the audio under water in the pool was incredible. Has anyone else seen this at any other resort?
Yes, the Poly & HRH at Universal Studios play music underwater in their pools.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #1938
deedee2177
Disney Darling

4 weeks from today we will start our drive to WDW!! I can't wait to see the LM rooms in person. I have looked at all the pictures and videos, but I can't wait to see it in person.

This week we got our t-shirts from DisneyStore.com and the Cinderella Carriage necklaces I ordered for my DSD6 and I to use for Pick the Pearl.

Now if my MM would just arrive I would be all set!

April 2014 PTR - Trip with the Grandmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164112 - COMPLETE
April 2014 TR - Different type of trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post51308062 - In Progress
Old 10-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #1939
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofeverything View Post
Are there outdoor movies everynight at LK? We booked LK because we thought it might be quieter. Now, I think maybe not.
Yes, there are--- but its kind of hidden near the LK section, and there are hardly any seats--- I definitely would not worry about the noise-
Old 10-26-2012, 03:03 PM   #1940
Chaoticsweetness
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerhon

Yes, there are--- but its kind of hidden near the LK section, and there are hardly any seats--- I definitely would not worry about the noise-
You can actually watch both sides of the screen. Its in the savanna right next to Mufasa on Pride Rock. its not noisy at all, we stayed in the 2nd floor right next to where it was playing & didn't hear any noise from it.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #1941
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoticsweetness

You can actually watch both sides of the screen. Its in the savanna right next to Mufasa on Pride Rock. its not noisy at all, we stayed in the 2nd floor right next to where it was playing & didn't hear any noise from it.
That's funny because we were on the 3rd floor and could watch out our window (the back of the screen) and it kept me up twice! One night was Camp Rock, though, so lots of music.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #1942
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlov View Post
Where do you keep your mugs while at the park? Backpack? Stroller? Just wondering, bc it really would be easier not to have to walk back to the room to get mugs for drinks when we get back from the park.
We haven't stayed at AoA yet, but when we've stayed at Pop, if our room is a bit of a hike to the food court/bus stops we used to leave the mugs in a locker in the pool area. The lockers are in the bathrooms at the pool (I'm assuming they have the same set-up at AoA -- if they don't, this won't work. ) I think it cost about $1 (maybe??? it wasn't much -- not like the prices at the parks) to rent the locker for the day so I would just take everyone's mugs and put them in a locker when we were heading to the buses in the morning. Then when we got back in the afternoon or evening, I'd run into the locker room to get them and we'd all fill up before heading back to the room. There were never more than 3 or 4 lockers being used any day we did this (even when we came back in the middle of the afternoon), so there were still plenty of them for people who wanted to store things in there while swimming (I seem to remember there being about 20-30 lockers in the room.). It was worth the $1 (or whatever it was) not to have to lug them around the parks (we don't use strollers or backpacks) and to not have to send someone back to the room to retrieve them when we got back to the resort.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #1943
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

Does anyone know if any of the LM rooms have a view of the Epcot fireworks like some of the POP buildings do? I'm thinking maybe building 7 or 8, top floor, facing that way?

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report
Double Dip on the Disney Wonder ~ September 2014 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #1944
stindall
Congress Tart

I know the size of the safes have sort of been discussed but can/has anyone measure(d) them? I may bring my touchpad so I can keep up with my school work but I'm not comfortable just leaving it in the room. My Mom just had her purse stolen and she's fairly certain her mousekeeper took it.

Oh god there's the yeti! - The Trip Report!.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!- Aug. 2015 DL @ Stanford Inn & Suites -

Old 10-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #1945
disneydreamfan14
See Ya Real Soon!

My grandfather (who is in charge of the major planning and funding of the trip) broke the news that we may not be staying in Cars after all...I assumed he told them our Cars preference when booking, but it looks like a 50/50 chance between Cars and LK...

Can someone reassure me that LK will not be all that bad? It looks the least appealing to me out of all four themes...
Disney Cruise Line
•2011 - Disney Dream 3-night Bahamas
Disneyland
•2012 - Day Trip
Old 10-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #1946
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall View Post
I know the size of the safes have sort of been discussed but can/has anyone measure(d) them? I may bring my touchpad so I can keep up with my school work but I'm not comfortable just leaving it in the room. My Mom just had her purse stolen and she's fairly certain her mousekeeper took it.
I'm not sure what size your touchpad is but my iPad fit fine with some room to spare. The iPad is about the size of a sheet of paper, of course thicker.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)
Old 10-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #1947
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareHeartsDisney View Post
I'm not sure what size your touchpad is but my iPad fit fine with some room to spare. The iPad is about the size of a sheet of paper, of course thicker.
It's probably about the same size. The one photo I saw of the safe made it look pretty small and since people said a laptop wouldn't fit I thought I'd ask. Thanks!

Oh god there's the yeti! - The Trip Report!.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!- Aug. 2015 DL @ Stanford Inn & Suites -

Old 10-27-2012, 03:58 AM   #1948
ilanakan
Mouseketeer

FN suites- which rooms are closest to the buses?
Old 10-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #1949
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilanakan View Post
FN suites- which rooms are closest to the buses?
Finding Nemo Suites are right out of the food court area main building in Front . And Cars is off to the right so Finding Nemo would be the closest and then Cars would be the next closest in my opinion.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #1950
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee2177 View Post
4 weeks from today we will start our drive to WDW!! I can't wait to see the LM rooms in person. I have looked at all the pictures and videos, but I can't wait to see it in person.

This week we got our t-shirts from DisneyStore.com and the Cinderella Carriage necklaces I ordered for my DSD6 and I to use for Pick the Pearl.

Now if my MM would just arrive I would be all set!
We did the pick a pearl. What are the Cinderella Carriage necklaces?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciemouse View Post
Does anyone know if any of the LM rooms have a view of the Epcot fireworks like some of the POP buildings do? I'm thinking maybe building 7 or 8, top floor, facing that way?
We stayed in building 9, room 9828, top floor. We were looking at part of the parking lot, and we had a perfect view.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: