Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #181
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The city that smells like Cheerios
Posts: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post

I think they might regret only committing such a small portion of the resort to regular rooms. Anyone have a feel how the suites are booking?
I was just going to write the same thing. I understand their reasoning for the suites, but it seems like they should have done half suites and half standard rooms. I am glad we booked early enough to get a LM room!
__________________
sixkristy6 is offline  
Old 08-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #182
Sunshinepixie27
Earning My Ears
 
Sunshinepixie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 69

I think that the cost for the suites is what Disney needs to adjust. It is cheaper for a family of 5 or 6 to get two regular connecting rooms than a suite. I am not sure that a microwave and coffee maker is worth the added cost.
__________________
Sunshinepixie27 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #183
dsaurus
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5

Wifi

We are going to be staying in a Nemo suite. Does anyone know if the wifi access is any good? I've read a lot of threads that say it's pretty hit or miss at other resorts, but I haven't found anyone commenting on it at AOA yet.
dsaurus is offline  
Old 08-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #184
bjakmom


DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 5,031

I'll be so excited to hear reviews of the LM rooms. Just booked for a long Memorial Day weekend next year. DGrD(8) is begging to go back for another SWW and to stay in a LM room.
We did a long-weekend/last minute stay at Pop last Feb and she LOVED it. I could not get her out of the pools! Since we are DVC it was my first stay in a value - and for short trips for the two of us - I enjoyed it too - what a great 'value'. She was fascinated to watch AoA being built and has wanted to stay there ever since.
__________________
"Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there, with open arms and open eyes" - Incubus

bjakmom is offline  
Old 08-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #185
jkbd03
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsaurus View Post
We are going to be staying in a Nemo suite. Does anyone know if the wifi access is any good? I've read a lot of threads that say it's pretty hit or miss at other resorts, but I haven't found anyone commenting on it at AOA yet.
We were there in June when the Cars Suites opened and I was able to use WiFi with no issues on my iPhone as well as my laptop.
jkbd03 is offline  
Old 08-03-2012, 11:35 PM   #186
Rea74
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1

I'm a Disney "newbie" and we booked our first trip (yes, ever!) to Disney and we'll be staying at to AoA LM room in April. We got the package plus dining plan. My question is how do you get the FD? Is that dependent on the season? Is it something you have to call and ask for? Just curious! TIA
Rea74 is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 12:43 AM   #187
tink15823
DIS Veteran
 
tink15823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brockport PA
Posts: 669

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rea74
I'm a Disney "newbie" and we booked our first trip (yes, ever!) to Disney and we'll be staying at to AoA LM room in April. We got the package plus dining plan. My question is how do you get the FD? Is that dependent on the season? Is it something you have to call and ask for? Just curious! TIA
If it is open to gen public and they have openings you can call and ask them to add it. Did you call to see if they had it when your going? Also ask if you have a pin attached to your name . Good luck
__________________
MeDHDS 15:DD 15:DS 9



ASMU 1996 ASMO 2005 2008 2010 Art of Animation 2012
tink15823 is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #188
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rea74 View Post
I'm a Disney "newbie" and we booked our first trip (yes, ever!) to Disney and we'll be staying at to AoA LM room in April. We got the package plus dining plan. My question is how do you get the FD? Is that dependent on the season? Is it something you have to call and ask for? Just curious! TIA
There are no discounts released for that time frame yet, but if one does come out, you just call your TA or Disney and see if they can get it applied. Keep in mind, that if you are going close to Easter, most likely there won't be discounts.

Last edited by jenseib; 08-05-2012 at 10:03 AM.
jenseib is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #189
rhiansmom
DIS Veteran
 
rhiansmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,322

I Am beyond excited... I had the best Disney Reservation Agent EVER this morning!! She was beyond accommodating and helped me to change my split stay in October into only staying at AoA in a LM room.

You see I had a pin code for free dining... I then booked under regular free dining a split at pop/cbr... then to change later to AoA-LM/CBR then to post here one night about our split and got talked into a full AoA - LM room.

I tried with my pin to get free dining at AoA but there was no room in the inn... bummer but what I was told made sense... do you really want to have to pack up and lug stuff to CBR? no.. so I booked split stay AoA/Pop with the pin with hopes I could switch to AoA... no luck until this AM! She originally couldn't get the Free Dining to attach but she knew exactly what she needed to do and made it work!
__________________
Our Disney TripsAugust 2014 - Taking the friend back to POP, October 2012 - Checking out AoA - Can you believe it's been 2 years??, September 2010 - Disneyland, August 2010 - DD says lets do POP again.. this time can we bring a friend??, June 2010 - offsite and never again!, November 2009 - DD's 10th Birthday at POP, July 2009 - All Star Sports, October 2008 Disneyland - DLR, April 2008 -POP Again, September 2006 Girls Trip to POP!, October 2005 - POP, May 2005 - SOG, Feb 2004 - CR, July 2000 - Disneyland Paris
rhiansmom is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #190
PrincessShanShan
Mouseketeer
 
PrincessShanShan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Gulf Coast
Posts: 299

Just got back from five nights at AoA yesterday. It was very UNcrowded. Of course only Nemo and Cars are open right now. The CM checking us in said the suites are not selling like they expected. We were told by her they were operating at about 30-35% occupancy for the sections open, but then we had another CM tell us they were at about 60-65% occupancy, so who knows. They both said LM were the rooms most requested, so it looks like that's where everyone wants to stay. It wasn't crowded at all....anywhere there.....the pool, food court, bus, etc. It was nice!

Although Lion King and Little Mermaid sections were blocked off, we did try to look around the construction area. IMHO, I would not stay at LM without a car. I once stayed in the Country Fair section of ASMusic, and LM appeared to be even farther away than that. Of course we couldn't actually walk to that section, so maybe there is some path somewhere that makes it closer, but from the construction area, it looks like quite a hike! I also didn't realize LM rooms aren't interior rooms like the other (suite) rooms. Maybe that's old news, but I didn't know it.

We were in Nemo and the pool/play area is the most adorable area I've ever seen for kids. I think it's probably most appropriate for kids around eight and under. Just CUTE, CUTE, CUTE! I did like the resort, but it screamed family and kids to me. I would not stay there for an adult only trip; however, I can't say enough how much I liked it for kids.

Oh someone asked about the movies shown there. They are in the pool area and the pool area is fenced in and you have to have your room key to access it, so no pool hopping from other resorts.
__________________
[CENTER]
Shan
Chuck and Shan
Disneymoon Dec. 2006 BWV & Cont. Atrium Club
~December 22~
Living our happily ever after
PrincessShanShan is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #191
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,547

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShanShan View Post
The CM checking us in said the suites are not selling like they expected.
I've wondered about this from the get-go. I think there was demand for more family suites. But I'm not sure there was THIS much demad. Gonna be interesting to see if that changes over time.
mom2rtk is online now  
Old 08-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #192
jenlov
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 282

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShanShan View Post
Just got back from five nights at AoA yesterday. It was very UNcrowded. Of course only Nemo and Cars are open right now. The CM checking us in said the suites are not selling like they expected. We were told by her they were operating at about 30-35% occupancy for the sections open, but then we had another CM tell us they were at about 60-65% occupancy, so who knows. They both said LM were the rooms most requested, so it looks like that's where everyone wants to stay. It wasn't crowded at all....anywhere there.....the pool, food court, bus, etc. It was nice!

Although Lion King and Little Mermaid sections were blocked off, we did try to look around the construction area. IMHO, I would not stay at LM without a car. I once stayed in the Country Fair section of ASMusic, and LM appeared to be even farther away than that. Of course we couldn't actually walk to that section, so maybe there is some path somewhere that makes it closer, but from the construction area, it looks like quite a hike! I also didn't realize LM rooms aren't interior rooms like the other (suite) rooms. Maybe that's old news, but I didn't know it.

We were in Nemo and the pool/play area is the most adorable area I've ever seen for kids. I think it's probably most appropriate for kids around eight and under. Just CUTE, CUTE, CUTE! I did like the resort, but it screamed family and kids to me. I would not stay there for an adult only trip; however, I can't say enough how much I liked it for kids.

Oh someone asked about the movies shown there. They are in the pool area and the pool area is fenced in and you have to have your room key to access it, so no pool hopping from other resorts.

Eventually, you'll be able to walk through Lion King to get to LM. Everyone is saying it's the same distance as some of the Pop Century rooms. If you look at a map, they're pretty much the same as Pop as far as layout.

My guess is the suites aren't selling as well b/c of the price. They're quite a bit more expensive than the suites at the other values, and way more expensive than the LM rooms. So, I can see why they're not getting booked as quickly. We're doing 2 LM rooms and still coming out much cheaper than 1 family suite. I think in this economy, cost is really a factor for many people.
jenlov is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #193
jimandami
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Union, KY (Cincinnati)
Posts: 3,558

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

I've wondered about this from the get-go. I think there was demand for more family suites. But I'm not sure there was THIS much demad. Gonna be interesting to see if that changes over time.
I think there is great demand, but when you can get 2 standard rooms cheaper than the suite, I think most people will choose that option! I mean, we are booked in a Nemo suite with FD for Sept, and if we changed to one of the All-Stars and used Yes tickets, we would easily save over $1000....that is huge! But, our family is set on the Nemo room so I was outvoted!
jimandami is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #194
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,547

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
I think there is great demand, but when you can get 2 standard rooms cheaper than the suite, I think most people will choose that option! I mean, we are booked in a Nemo suite with FD for Sept, and if we changed to one of the All-Stars and used Yes tickets, we would easily save over $1000....that is huge! But, our family is set on the Nemo room so I was outvoted!
Areed. I'm sure there is a price point at which there will be great demand for the suites. I just don't see it happening at the current level. It needs to be roughly equivilant to 2 standard rooms (or 2 preferred level rooms) for the closer buildings.

Our 2 older teen boys don't like Disney so we'll never be there with a large enough party to justify a suite. I'd love to stay in a Cars room! Can you imagine how fast those would book though if they add Carsland to WDW somewhere? How fun would that be?
mom2rtk is online now  
Old 08-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #195
Highway in the Sky
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 64

I agree. I think Little Mermaid and Lion King should have been "standard" rooms and then Nemo and Cars for suites. Limiting to just LM I think is going to be too restricting for the resort. I guess we will see if LM is always booked, yet the suites are wide open.

However, is there much land left? Could they build another building(s)? Say an Alice themed wing, if they find the standard rooms are in huge demand? I don't think transforming one of the suites buildings to standard rooms would work. Even if they had made a small portion of all buildings have standard rooms, that would have been good to. Time will tell.
Highway in the Sky is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: