Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #1891
KMcCP
Mouseketeer
 
KMcCP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Outside Boston
Posts: 460

So I know I posted about it earlier - I've been following pretty closely for the last few weeks too. But - has anyone successfully used a blowup bed or a rollaway bed in a standard LM room? DD5 is too big for a toddler size. Like I stated before, worried about sleep since sharing a bed with her is like trying to wrestle an alligator. Thanks!
__________________
KMcCP is offline  
Old 10-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #1892
3Leafs
DIS Veteran
 
3Leafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcCP View Post
So I know I posted about it earlier - I've been following pretty closely for the last few weeks too. But - has anyone successfully used a blowup bed or a rollaway bed in a standard LM room? DD5 is too big for a toddler size. Like I stated before, worried about sleep since sharing a bed with her is like trying to wrestle an alligator. Thanks!
In between the beds would be a tight squeeze but you could put one by the door when you walk in(But the door would be partially blocked). There would be room for one there. Its do able!
__________________
As aways ~ Teresa
3Leafs is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #1893
Rafikifan
DIS Veteran
 
Rafikifan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 921

I have friends staying at AOA soon. I know I saw a photo of a cooler that you could buy grab and go things including wine. I can't remember where at AOA so I'd appreciate any input. They don't want to order groceries from a service just to get a couple bottles of wine. (2 families.)
Rafikifan is offline  
Old 10-23-2012, 05:48 PM   #1894
Newbie123
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkerbell View Post
Our LM stay was on free dining. I know it was some sort of Miracle, but they did open it up for a short time and I was lucky enough to get it. So I'd say anything is possible it you believe just check every day, I did, and it payed off!

my recommendation for flights also. They were so high I think they may have lost some folks to other airlines that were offering cheaper deals. I book our return for Monday, but wouldn't be at all surprised if Sunday went down a bit, or any of the vacation travel dates.

Good Luck!
awesome! I hope that's the case. Was that a general promo or a pin code?
Newbie123 is offline  
Old 10-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #1895
pinkerbell
FREE DDP 06, 07, 08, 09 & 10!!
 
pinkerbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: western, ma
Posts: 3,934

It was a general promo. We had reserved POR, but when we found out LM was opening early I called about it, there was no free dining so I booked 2 nights jus so we could get a feel for it, even thoug we still had a room at POR. Free dinining WAS being offered for the suites, but NOT LM. A ittle while later a friend said they had included LM later in the promo. I called but they said nothing waws left. I checked daily for over a week online though the disboards ad and it came up one morning for our stay! I was shaking aws I typed and coudlnt beleive it, but it went through!!! maybe someone cancelled or something or maybe they opened up some rooms, but when I went back in again later, nothing was available. I kept checking my confirmation over and over!! I think I wore the system down!
I do the same thing with flights and usually get good deals. We got our round trip for april vacation for 4 people from hrtfrd to orland for under $1200, which is more than I wanted to pay, but seeing what the fares have been, I'm happy, I would just like to tweek one of the dates.

Good Luck! keep
peace
__________________




mom dad dd 9 dd 7
Link to AOA pics - more than you could possibly want!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009843
Summer 87 Magic Kingdom College Program, 4 93, 4 94 and 3 95, 3 & 10 96, 10 98, 5 99, 10 01, 10 02, 10 04 & 10 05 off property 5 05 and 10 06 ASSports 9 07, 9 08 & 9 09 ASMo, POR 2 10, POP 4 10 and ASMo 9 10, ASMo 9 11, Dolphin 2 12, POP 4 12, AoA 9 12, Dolphin 1 13, POP 4 13 Dolphin 1 14 POP 4 14
pinkerbell is offline  
Old 10-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #1896
pinkerbell
FREE DDP 06, 07, 08, 09 & 10!!
 
pinkerbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: western, ma
Posts: 3,934

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcCP View Post
So I know I posted about it earlier - I've been following pretty closely for the last few weeks too. But - has anyone successfully used a blowup bed or a rollaway bed in a standard LM room? DD5 is too big for a toddler size. Like I stated before, worried about sleep since sharing a bed with her is like trying to wrestle an alligator. Thanks!
In the link below I have many pic's of the room setup in LM, maybe this will help. Are you using both beds? DH and I would pur the luggage between the wall and bed and I would sleep with one kid on the other side. The luggage would keep her from falling off/out of the bed, and I was on the other side.
__________________




mom dad dd 9 dd 7
Link to AOA pics - more than you could possibly want!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009843
Summer 87 Magic Kingdom College Program, 4 93, 4 94 and 3 95, 3 & 10 96, 10 98, 5 99, 10 01, 10 02, 10 04 & 10 05 off property 5 05 and 10 06 ASSports 9 07, 9 08 & 9 09 ASMo, POR 2 10, POP 4 10 and ASMo 9 10, ASMo 9 11, Dolphin 2 12, POP 4 12, AoA 9 12, Dolphin 1 13, POP 4 13 Dolphin 1 14 POP 4 14
pinkerbell is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #1897
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafikifan View Post
I have friends staying at AOA soon. I know I saw a photo of a cooler that you could buy grab and go things including wine. I can't remember where at AOA so I'd appreciate any input. They don't want to order groceries from a service just to get a couple bottles of wine. (2 families.)
You can buy wine in the Landscape of Flavors food court area at AoA.
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #1898
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!
 
Silverfox97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)
Posts: 6,109

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeisMommy

Yes the pools are heated but the air is still freezing....
I second that!!!

We were at LM Fri & Sat night (Oct 19 & 20). We checked in around Noon-1pm. Requested & got ground floor in building 7. Spent about 3+ hrs at the main pool area. DD (5 1/2) had no problem - got right in. DH & I put a foot in and the look of shock & disbelief on our faces on how cold the pool water was!!!!! Needless to say we sat on the edge while DD played.

Nice area - she enjoyed the playground & even went into the splash area. We did not try out the other 2 pools due to time constraints & a cold front that came thru.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Emily Scott Isabelle Tiger Bogey Zoe Singer Brutus
PLATINUM DCL Cruisers~ WDW Annual passholders since September 2007!

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 12:29 PM   #1899
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!
 
Silverfox97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)
Posts: 6,109

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash

You can buy wine in the Landscape of Flavors food court area at AoA.
I sent DH to Publix Friday for my wine. It's super close & obviously much more economical!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Emily Scott Isabelle Tiger Bogey Zoe Singer Brutus
PLATINUM DCL Cruisers~ WDW Annual passholders since September 2007!

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #1900
Rafikifan
DIS Veteran
 
Rafikifan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
I sent DH to Publix Friday for my wine. It's super close & obviously much more economical!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thank you both!
Rafikifan is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #1901
DisneyFEB2013
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyFEB2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 160

So...last night we decided to switch our resort reservation and go to AOA!!! We are so excited and the surprise trip for the kids is going to be even more exciting. We were in POR, but wanted something more for the kids.

So, with the current stay. play. dine special, they only had a AOA suite available....I could not pick the specific one we want. I was told it would be assigned on the day we check-in but we could make a request for the one we would prefer.

Has anyone had this happen? Either of the three would be fine...they are all adorable, but I DS6 loves the Lion King and we really want to stay there.

We decided to go with a suite because we will be in Disney for 9 days and DH and I thought it would be nice to put the kids to bed and hang out. Plus, I have heard the rooms at POR are kind of small, especially with the new queen beds. I know we will LOVE the space!

Also, how is the bus situation at AOA? We were going to rent a car with POR but if the bus service is good at AOA, we may bypass renting a car.

I am happy to be here. This thread is great!
DisneyFEB2013 is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #1902
pinkerbell
FREE DDP 06, 07, 08, 09 & 10!!
 
pinkerbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: western, ma
Posts: 3,934

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFEB2013 View Post
So...last night we decided to switch our resort reservation and go to AOA!!! We are so excited and the surprise trip for the kids is going to be even more exciting. We were in POR, but wanted something more for the kids.

So, with the current stay. play. dine special, they only had a AOA suite available....I could not pick the specific one we want. I was told it would be assigned on the day we check-in but we could make a request for the one we would prefer.

Has anyone had this happen? Either of the three would be fine...they are all adorable, but I DS6 loves the Lion King and we really want to stay there.

We decided to go with a suite because we will be in Disney for 9 days and DH and I thought it would be nice to put the kids to bed and hang out. Plus, I have heard the rooms at POR are kind of small, especially with the new queen beds. I know we will LOVE the space!

Also, how is the bus situation at AOA? We were going to rent a car with POR but if the bus service is good at AOA, we may bypass renting a car.

I am happy to be here. This thread is great!
I was not happy at all with the busses. DH arrivede a day later and picked up the car from the airport so the first 2 days dd6 and I used them and since she had been ill and was on restrictions, we would leave the parks earlier and catch a bus back sometimes. In the end I resorted to taking the POP bus (one time FOUR of them came and left (mostly empty since they were one right after the other) before a AoA bus came. I jumped on the third and the 4th was behind it. I would take the bus since DH & DD would stay until closing and the busses then are so much busier, I thought leaving at off times maybe we would catch a break, but didn't. Get the car, you wont be sorry!


There are photos of our trip 2 weeks ago in the link below of all the resorts.

ENJOY!!!
__________________




mom dad dd 9 dd 7
Link to AOA pics - more than you could possibly want!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009843
Summer 87 Magic Kingdom College Program, 4 93, 4 94 and 3 95, 3 & 10 96, 10 98, 5 99, 10 01, 10 02, 10 04 & 10 05 off property 5 05 and 10 06 ASSports 9 07, 9 08 & 9 09 ASMo, POR 2 10, POP 4 10 and ASMo 9 10, ASMo 9 11, Dolphin 2 12, POP 4 12, AoA 9 12, Dolphin 1 13, POP 4 13 Dolphin 1 14 POP 4 14
pinkerbell is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #1903
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The city that smells like Cheerios
Posts: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFEB2013 View Post
So...last night we decided to switch our resort reservation and go to AOA!!! We are so excited and the surprise trip for the kids is going to be even more exciting. We were in POR, but wanted something more for the kids.

So, with the current stay. play. dine special, they only had a AOA suite available....I could not pick the specific one we want. I was told it would be assigned on the day we check-in but we could make a request for the one we would prefer.

Has anyone had this happen? Either of the three would be fine...they are all adorable, but I DS6 loves the Lion King and we really want to stay there.

We decided to go with a suite because we will be in Disney for 9 days and DH and I thought it would be nice to put the kids to bed and hang out. Plus, I have heard the rooms at POR are kind of small, especially with the new queen beds. I know we will LOVE the space!

Also, how is the bus situation at AOA? We were going to rent a car with POR but if the bus service is good at AOA, we may bypass renting a car.

I am happy to be here. This thread is great!
We were there 10/14-10/20. The only problem we had with buses, was going to DTD on our first night, a Sunday. It took 15 minutes for the bus to come get us from AoA. We only had to wait for about 10 minutes from MK to AoA one night after Wishes and another night after Hallowishes, and I felt this was reasonable. When we go back, we'll take the buses again.
__________________
sixkristy6 is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #1904
3Leafs
DIS Veteran
 
3Leafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkerbell View Post
I was not happy at all with the busses. DH arrivede a day later and picked up the car from the airport so the first 2 days dd6 and I used them and since she had been ill and was on restrictions, we would leave the parks earlier and catch a bus back sometimes. In the end I resorted to taking the POP bus (one time FOUR of them came and left (mostly empty since they were one right after the other) before a AoA bus came. I jumped on the third and the 4th was behind it. I would take the bus since DH & DD would stay until closing and the busses then are so much busier, I thought leaving at off times maybe we would catch a break, but didn't. Get the car, you wont be sorry!


There are photos of our trip 2 weeks ago in the link below of all the resorts.

ENJOY!!!


We had the same problem with POR last week with the 3rd and 4th bus like you said.. Very annoying...
__________________
As aways ~ Teresa
3Leafs is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #1905
Goofy22
DIS Veteran
 
Goofy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Down the Shore
Posts: 3,321

Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkerbell View Post
I was not happy at all with the busses. DH arrivede a day later and picked up the car from the airport so the first 2 days dd6 and I used them and since she had been ill and was on restrictions, we would leave the parks earlier and catch a bus back sometimes. In the end I resorted to taking the POP bus (one time FOUR of them came and left (mostly empty since they were one right after the other) before a AoA bus came. I jumped on the third and the 4th was behind it. I would take the bus since DH & DD would stay until closing and the busses then are so much busier, I thought leaving at off times maybe we would catch a break, but didn't. Get the car, you wont be sorry!


There are photos of our trip 2 weeks ago in the link below of all the resorts.

ENJOY!!!
I had to laugh while reading this post ! I had the exact opposite problem in August/September we stayed at Pop and to every three buses that came for AOA we were lucky if one came for Pop! We finally decided whichever bus came next would be the bus we road which 96% of the time was AOA ! Total opposite of your experience
__________________
In Loving Memory of My Nephew
Tyller ^i^
9-23-1997 - 1-21-2004
Goofy22 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: