Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #1786
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABDisney View Post
When you call AoA what number did you use? Is it the central booking number or is it the direct line? I've booked a room in LM section with a third party but want to call the resort directly to confirm a few things.
There is no published number that will get you to someone actually at AoA. Even when you call the "front desk" from your room, you will get a CM at a call center somewhere. If you have requests to make, or if you want to check that previous requests are on your reservation, you have to call the Central Reservations line.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #1787
Atlantis 1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs05
Does anyone know if the main bedroom in the suites is big enough to fit a pack n play by the window and a blow up toddler bed on the other side of the bed? Was really hoping that my three year old can sleep in our room so we can stay up later in the main room.
Its pretty tight on the window side of the bed,the other side may be able to fit a bed but just might block the entrance to one the bathrooms,hope this helps!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 09:12 AM   #1788
Lisa Anne
Earning My Ears

So excited

Get to start booking my trip in Febuary 2013!!! Gonna get a LM room from June 1-June 7; Three adults can not wait love the Little Mermaid. Even more excited that I found this thread
Old 10-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #1789
alex9179
DIS Veteran

10 DAYS!

Just did online check-in, hopefully the lines won't be horrible at 8pm I've already decided to send DH and the kids to either LoF to eat or go and explore while I get our packet.

We're spending 2 nights in Cars-no requests, then moving to a different resort for the rest of our stay. I'm so excited to see AoA. The kids will feel like they're in the movie. Eeeek! I can't stand the suspense!! This whole trip is a surprise and we're not saying anything until one of them guesses.

We're spending our first full day at DHS-not recommended but I think morning will be doable. Lunch at Sci-Fi, then I think I'm going to try to convince everyone to hang out at the pool for a bit in the afternoon. Then, Raglan Rd for dinner! YUM!

I'm rambling, but I've had this stuff planned for so long and I can't believe we'll actually BE THERE in 10 days and doing what I've been reading about for over 2 years.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #1790
sammielynn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis 1 View Post
Its pretty tight on the window side of the bed,the other side may be able to fit a bed but just might block the entrance to one the bathrooms,hope this helps!
Would there bee room between the end of the bed and the TV?
Old 10-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #1791
Idreamofmickey
Mouseketeer

I am wondering about crib space too! I believe pack n plays are 30 inches wide. We r hoping to put ours in master bedroom as well . We need a room layout with measurements

1995 Off site (February)
1999 POR (October)
2007 ASSP (March)
2008 ASMO (January)
2008 ASMO (September-free dining)
2009 POP (February-My birthday trip)
2010 POP (November-It's about time trip)
Old 10-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #1792
mizzoumatt
Earning My Ears

We just got back from a finding nemo room and the pack and play fit in the master bedroom very well between the bathroom and the bed. It was sideways with the long edge along the wall that the bed was on and it worked out pretty well.

Anyone else have good luck with upgrades to the family suites from the Standard rooms. We were there for two nights last weekend and were upgraded to the nemo rooms. I was pretty happy. The extra room was very nice. Is that a pretty standard thing to happen or pretty rare?
Old 10-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #1793
lynypixie
Mouseketeer

We're expecting a little mermaid room and will work around that, but with the 3 kids, I do cross my fingers for an upgrade in the suites.

If they offer us an upgrade to a moderate, we'll refuse. With the special, it'd be cheaper to get a moderate, and we chose to stay in AoA. So it's not an upgrade at all!

DH (31), me(30), DS6, DD4 and DD2

2004 bachelorette party (offsite), 2005 with DH (offsite), 2006 quick visit to DLP. 2013 AOA LK suite with all the kids!
Old 10-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #1794
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

does anyone know if there is room under the bed for suitcases in the lm suites?
Old 10-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #1795
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
When you call AoA what number did you use? Is it the central booking number or is it the direct line? I've booked a room in LM section with a third party but want to call the resort directly to confirm a few things.
The phone number I have is 407-938-7000. Like the other poster mentioned, it might not get you directly to the front desk. I called the number while I was at one of the parks and was able to speak to someone at the resort. They may have to transfer you although I don't recall being transferred.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
Old 10-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #1796
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
does anyone know if there is room under the bed for suitcases in the lm suites?
pretty sure they are enclosed bases with no access to the underside of the beds...they are that way at POP!

Old 10-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #1797
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzoumatt View Post
We just got back from a finding nemo room and the pack and play fit in the master bedroom very well between the bathroom and the bed. It was sideways with the long edge along the wall that the bed was on and it worked out pretty well.

Anyone else have good luck with upgrades to the family suites from the Standard rooms. We were there for two nights last weekend and were upgraded to the nemo rooms. I was pretty happy. The extra room was very nice. Is that a pretty standard thing to happen or pretty rare?
You are the first I have heard to get upgraded.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #1798
PeachesDoesHair
Mouseketeer

When we were there in September we were able to fit the pack and play in the main bedroom between the bed and the restroom with no issues. It went past the door by maybe 4 inches, but it was not enough to feel like it was really in the way. I was not able to fit the pack and play between the bed and the window.

We also had my three year old sleep on a twim air mattress in the "living" area. Grandma did not want to share the murphy bed and the oldest two slept in the fold out bed. There was adequate room between the end of the fold out bed and dresser to squeeze the twin mattress there. There is also adequate room between the murphy bed and fold out bed, though it might be challenging to get the the restroom with a bed in the middle of the floor.

Mousekeeping was happy to provide us extra blankets as we forgot to pack sheets for the air mattress. Hope that helps!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #1799
ABDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareHeartsDisney View Post
The phone number I have is 407-938-7000. Like the other poster mentioned, it might not get you directly to the front desk. I called the number while I was at one of the parks and was able to speak to someone at the resort. They may have to transfer you although I don't recall being transferred.
Thank you, just called, they answered with AofA resort...confirmed everything.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #1800
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you, just called, they answered with AofA resort...confirmed everything.
The reason why there are different numbers for each resort is so that the CM at the Call Center knows how to answer the phone. I know it's no big deal because you were able to confirm the details of your reservation. I just don't want future readers of this thread to think they will be able to talk to someone actually at AoA.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: