Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #1771
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

so you really wouldn't stay there again Pinkerbell? Any other issues that you had that you can share? We are staying there in April and just want a heads up. I won't switch resorts now, waffled back and forth long enough. I won't mind the walk, my boys are old enough to make the trek. In fact older DS will be using the Jogging path around the lake to keep up with his running.
DS (14)
Lily
Old 10-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #1772
LivMattmom
Earning My Ears

We requested adjoining rooms for our sat at LM in March and had no problem. It even states in our reservation print out "Adjoining rooms requested." I would call back.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #1773
LivMattmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDramaQueen View Post
Just got off the phone with a CM who insisted LM did not have connecting rooms He put us on hold quite a while after I questioned it and confirmed it. So I couldn't even request it. Did I lose my mind? They do have connecting rooms, right?

Went ahead and booked two rooms anyway. I know they can't guarantee them so maybe that's where the confusion came in? I know they'll be next to each other (or at least I have never had a problem getting rooms next to each other) so I am not too worried. Connecting would have been nice with only 2 adults and 5 kids though.

Wonder if I could call back and get someone else who will add the request....
We requested adjoining rooms for our sat at LM in March and had no problem. It even states in our reservation print out "Adjoining rooms requested." I would call back.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #1774
AUDramaQueen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivMattmom View Post
Right. We got the adjoining rooms requested, but I understand that Disney sees adjoining as being next to each other whereas "connecting" means they will have the doors to access each other.

I did call back and she said they just have the "adjoining" option, but to call them closer to time to see about the connecting.

Anyway, like I said not too worried because I know we'll get them next to each other AND more importantly, we're booked for another trip!!!!
Old 10-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #1775
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

We had connecting rooms on the requests for all 3 rooms last month. We ended up being connected in two of them (one was a King size the other 2 double) which was fun because it was with my parents and the kids could run back and forth. Unfortunately (well maybe ) the inlaws ended up down the hall and around the corner. We told them to contact the front desk to see about moving but they never did so I let it go. I was surprised to get the request and have us connected with my parents.
We did all end up in the same building and on the same floor at least.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #1776
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivMattmom View Post
This was mentioned above, but I wanted to emphasize the difference between the terms adjoining and connecting.

adjoining = rooms next to/near each other
connecting = rooms with an interior door to allow you to pass between the two rooms

With adjoining you may simply want to be near others in your party. With connecting you need two rooms where you can pass between rooms without stepping outside.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 10-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #1777
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

I've just read the majority of these pages..... so first off I want to say thanks for all the valuable info and pictures.

All being well we will be stopping in AoA next September. As soon as I heard they were doing a LM section I have been dying to stop there. Just got to get my holidays cleared at work so we can go ahead and book. If someones beat me to those weeks off so help them.....lol.

My only worry is..... I feel bad for cheating on POP.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #1778
Wiggs1034
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
This! We always just call bell services when we are ready and have them bring it to our room!
Do you pay for this? Or just tip them? And if so how much?
Old 10-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #1779
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggs1034

Do you pay for this? Or just tip them? And if so how much?
Just tip...usually $5 or so.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #1780
sammie1884
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Yes, once you are checked in you can park close to the LM section.

If you are going to get a car anyway that may make things more convenient for you.
Thank you for confirming that. We get Car hire Included so thats great news!
Old 10-17-2012, 06:53 AM   #1781
twopearls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2013

Hmm ... I keep waffling on LK vs. Nemo. Others here have said the noise actually in the rooms isn't noticeable, but some do. Decisions, decisions!

Those who've stayed in FN rooms, what area would you recommend?
I would definitely request an outside room at FN. from LK or Cars, it's a quick walk to the Nemo pool also. The Nemo pool was pretty busy last night at 9ish. It's amazing how much energy kids have even after being in the parks all day! They were having a blast! We went up to the cars pool and there were only a few kids up there. And no music. The cone cabanas are empty at night too. Two nights we've been up there and grabbed all the cones were empty at 830ish.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #1782
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Not sure what you mean by an outside room, as there aren't any at FN..

Old 10-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #1783
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove View Post
Not sure what you mean by an outside room, as there aren't any at FN..
I think s/he meant not facing the pool....facing the outside of the courtyard area away from the pool...not literally "outside".
Old 10-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #1784
pugs05
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if the main bedroom in the suites is big enough to fit a pack n play by the window and a blow up toddler bed on the other side of the bed? Was really hoping that my three year old can sleep in our room so we can stay up later in the main room.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:23 AM   #1785
ABDisney
Earning My Ears

When you call AoA what number did you use? Is it the central booking number or is it the direct line? I've booked a room in LM section with a third party but want to call the resort directly to confirm a few things.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: