Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #1741
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

choc milk and oj too? Anything else that they sell in the line of grocery stuff please post here english muffins, bagels?
DS (14)
Lily
Old 10-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #1742
BYC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggs1034 View Post
Breakfast ideas... Is there anywhere at AofA to buy milk for breakfast in our room? I assume the food court sells small containers of milk. Anything bigger - or orange juice? We will be without a car and would like to avoid expensive breakfasts if we can.
We are flying Southwest, so we are allowed 2 suitcases each. I am packing one with all food items. I am bringing cereal, bagels, English muffins, bread, a toaster, fruit, Parmalat milk (no refrigeration until opened), juice packs, peanut butter and jelly and a couple other snack items. I will pack the butter and cream cheese in a small soft cooler with a freezer pack. Our flight isn't that long. We will have all our breakfasts in the room except one character breakfast. Will save time and money. I got a toaster at WalMart for $7.99, so even if I don't bring it home...no big deal. My niece and nephew are slow starting in the morning, so every minute will count. I want to do rope drop every day!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #1743
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Okay.

So I'm doing one night at AoA then meeting a friend for 4 nights at POFQ. Then I decided to stay an extra couple of nights and could only get ASMu.

So when I online checked in for AoA they gave no options for requests except offering a pack and play which I think is what everyone said they got. (at least of LM rooms)

But I went today to do online for the ASMu and I got a list of like 7 things. I could ask for a particular section, or close to transportation or a couple of other general requests.

Maybe since LM is so far out there is just no point in offereing options online?

Or because it's so full (but them I think ASMu is sold out as well) they just are going with a get what you get policy?

Oh well. I didn't really have any requests for AoA since it was only one night and I'll have a car anyway.

I'll see what happens.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #1744
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
Okay.

So I'm doing one night at AoA then meeting a friend for 4 nights at POFQ. Then I decided to stay an extra couple of nights and could only get ASMu.

So when I online checked in for AoA they gave no options for requests except offering a pack and play which I think is what everyone said they got. (at least of LM rooms)

But I went today to do online for the ASMu and I got a list of like 7 things. I could ask for a particular section, or close to transportation or a couple of other general requests.

Maybe since LM is so far out there is just no point in offereing options online?

Or because it's so full (but them I think ASMu is sold out as well) they just are going with a get what you get policy?

Oh well. I didn't really have any requests for AoA since it was only one night and I'll have a car anyway.

I'll see what happens.
I did online check in and stayed in a Cars Suite. The pack and play was my only option too. However, I made requests through my travel agent and she faxed them my requests.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
Old 10-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #1745
bookgirl
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareHeartsDisney View Post
I did online check in and stayed in a Cars Suite. The pack and play was my only option too. However, I made requests through my travel agent and she faxed them my requests.
I made request when I reserved as well, but they still showed up (plus more) for AS and nothing for AoA. I thought maybe all values had limited choices for requests but I'm begining to think it's just something about AoA.

My options for POFQ were close to main building/close to transportion/ground floor.

You didn't even get the ground floor one at AoA. (i did get that option at the ASMu as well).

The more I read about others checking in online the more I think AoA is just not doing 'requests' right now. Maybe after the new resort smell is gone they'll offer it.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #1746
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I made request when I reserved as well, but they still showed up (plus more) for AS and nothing for AoA. I thought maybe all values had limited choices for requests but I'm begining to think it's just something about AoA.

My options for POFQ were close to main building/close to transportion/ground floor.

You didn't even get the ground floor one at AoA. (i did get that option at the ASMu as well).

The more I read about others checking in online the more I think AoA is just not doing 'requests' right now. Maybe after the new resort smell is gone they'll offer it.

I requested a quiet room on the top floor, lakeside view in building 3. I got a relatively quiet room, on the 3rd floor, not the 4th floor, of building 1 (facing the parking lot). That was fine. I just didn't want to be near the pool since I was afraid it might be noisy. I could hear the toilets flushing throughout the night. They're very loud. I could also hear people moving above or around me but it wasn't horribly loud.

I agree that once the resort isn't new anymore, they'll probably have more options available for online requests.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
Old 10-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #1747
Wiggs1034
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
choc milk and oj too? Anything else that they sell in the line of grocery stuff please post here english muffins, bagels?
Cereals? Sliced bread? Jam? Flying from Canada and using Magical Express so won't be able to bring much stuff with us.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #1748
ktate82
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how far of a walk the LM rooms are from the main building? Thanks!
June 2014 SWW at OKW, Feb 2014 Disney Magic, Sept 2013 AKL, May 2013 POP, Dec 2012 AOA, Sept 2012 POP, Sept 2011 Poly, March 2011 Poly, Sept 2010 CBR, July 1995 off site (MK only), Aug 1987 off site (MK only)

Old 10-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #1749
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktate82 View Post
Does anyone know how far of a walk the LM rooms are from the main building? Thanks!
I've heard estimates of 5-7 minutes, but it didn't seem that long to me. We only walked over there once and it definitely didn't take longer than 5 minutes, but we walk kind of fast.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
Old 10-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #1750
bookgirl
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Didn't someone google earth it and it was 1/4 a mile? Most people have been between 5-10 minutes with 5 being the fast walkers and 10 being the slower walkers or walkers with little ones walking as well.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #1751
ktate82
DIS Veteran

Thanks! I have been reading through this thread, but there is so much information! We had a perfered room at POP but it was one of the furthest ones out, and based on the map, I figured it was about double that distance (was thinking 6-10 min). I didn't figure it was that bad, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.
June 2014 SWW at OKW, Feb 2014 Disney Magic, Sept 2013 AKL, May 2013 POP, Dec 2012 AOA, Sept 2012 POP, Sept 2011 Poly, March 2011 Poly, Sept 2010 CBR, July 1995 off site (MK only), Aug 1987 off site (MK only)

Old 10-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #1752
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I have been reading through this thread, but there is so much information! We had a perfered room at POP but it was one of the furthest ones out, and based on the map, I figured it was about double that distance (was thinking 6-10 min). I didn't figure it was that bad, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.
Are you sure you got a prefered room at Pop?

I think the furthest LM room at AoA is further than the furthest room at Pop. The LM rooms would be like the 80s & 90s at Pop.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #1753
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggs1034 View Post
Cereals? Sliced bread? Jam? Flying from Canada and using Magical Express so won't be able to bring much stuff with us.
Have you considered using a grocery delivery service? I've used www.gardengrocer.com many times with good luck. They do have a $40 minimum and $12 delivery charge for orders under $200 but have found it worth it. I usually get a couple of cases of water, sunscreen (then I don't have to worry about it leaking in my bag), liquid hand soap (hate when the bars get all mushy on the sink), fruit, and snacks.

Another place I've used is www.minimus.biz They sell all sorts of travel size items-shampoos, toothpaste, individual bowls of cereal, tons of snacks, .... They have free shipping for orders over $20. They are on the west coast so I order about 2 weeks before I go to be sure it will arrive before me. They do a great job packaging the stuff and separate the food from non food items.

I haven't been to AoA yet but at Pop they sell chocolate milk in the tiny bottles (8oz?) and bigger bottles (12ish oz?) but not half gallon. For cereal I've only seen individual bowls not boxes. I thought I read on this thread that bread at AoA was just by the slice not the loaf.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #1754
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Didn't someone google earth it and it was 1/4 a mile? Most people have been between 5-10 minutes with 5 being the fast walkers and 10 being the slower walkers or walkers with little ones walking as well.
We were in Bldg. 9 and it too us about 6-7 minutes with pushing strollers - it may be quicker as we also had my inlaws dragging behind us but I know it had to be a bit less than that when my mom & I would walk just the 2 of us at night.

Just returned from a fabulous trip, no planned trips at this time.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #1755
twopearls
Mouseketeer

follow up on check in times

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopearls View Post
I did online check-in...we arrive this Sat on 10/13. Our flight lands at 10:20AM. I am hoping to have the luggage and rental car and be on the road to the resort by 11:30, arriving around noon. We have a 1:15 ADR for lunch at Raglan Road over at DTD. I am hoping that noon-1 will be enough time to check in and drop off the luggage. Then, lunch and grab some groceries...and in the pool by 4 PM!!!

Now, if there are flight delays or airport delays or traffic delays, we will go straight to DTD and then get to AoA by 3:30 or 4.

I will try to remember to report on the check-in lines...
So, we arrived at the resort right around noon. There were maybe 12-15 families in line at check-in, but no one at the online check-in lines. Walked right up...done in 5 minutes.

I had requested a room in building 10, and they offered me a 3rd floor one facing the courtyard, or a 1st floor lakeview in building 6. We took that, as I was nervous about the noise in the courtyard from the movies. And my older DD and I took a walk past last night. It is a bit loud. I also and glad I didn't pick a nemo room, as those rooms would get a lot of noise in the afternoon from the pool party. They had the music going pretty loud today!

Beautiful resort, though. Love my LK room.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: