Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #1681
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee2177 View Post
If we leave our bags because our room is not ready yet, will they take them to our room or will we need to retrieve them and then take them to the room ourselves?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
Once you arrive in your room, you should be able to call and have them brought to you.
If they are anything like Pop, you won't have to call, they will put your bags in your room for you. That's what they do at Pop. That is, unless you have just left them and your room is ready right away.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #1682
twopearls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiw View Post
We're going to do online check-in but our reservation starts on a Saturday so I was wondering what the best time would be to arrive to avoid the long lines? Our travel plans have changed and we're arriving in Florida on the Friday so we can check in at AoA anytime.
I did online check-in...we arrive this Sat on 10/13. Our flight lands at 10:20AM. I am hoping to have the luggage and rental car and be on the road to the resort by 11:30, arriving around noon. We have a 1:15 ADR for lunch at Raglan Road over at DTD. I am hoping that noon-1 will be enough time to check in and drop off the luggage. Then, lunch and grab some groceries...and in the pool by 4 PM!!!

Now, if there are flight delays or airport delays or traffic delays, we will go straight to DTD and then get to AoA by 3:30 or 4.

I will try to remember to report on the check-in lines...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #1683
deedee2177
Disney Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
If they are anything like Pop, you won't have to call, they will put your bags in your room for you. That's what they do at Pop. That is, unless you have just left them and your room is ready right away.
Thanks so much! If our room is ready, that would be great but I'm planning for it not to be because we are planning on getting there before noon. Maybe a little pixie dust will come our way. I would love to unload all the stuff in the room and unpack before we head to the MK. We are planning on staying for Wishes so I know when we get back we will all be pretty tired so I won't feel like unpacking at that point!

April 2014 PTR - Trip with the Grandmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164112 - COMPLETE
April 2014 TR - Different type of trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post51308062 - In Progress
Old 10-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #1684
myneverland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee2177
If we leave our bags because our room is not ready yet, will they take them to our room or will we need to retrieve them and then take them to the room ourselves?
They take them to your room when it is ready. We checked at 8:30 am and ours were there when we got back from the park.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #1685
czmom
DIS Veteran

I have a question about condiments available at Landscape of Flavors. Are there jelly and honey packets? Mayonnaise and mustard packets?

Thank you!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #1686
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Mayo and ketchup are in the dispensers that you squirt into the little white cups. Not sure about the honey and jelly.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #1687
LivMattmom
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know how many floors are in the LM? Are there elevators ?
Old 10-11-2012, 09:13 PM   #1688
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivMattmom View Post
Does anyone know how many floors are in the LM? Are there elevators ?
4 floors, and yes there are elevators.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #1689
Disneyelf10
DIS Veteran

coffee maker at AoA?

Can anyone tell me if they have one in the room? I have a friend staying there next week and wanted to confirm it for her as online it says no.
Really?? It seems all the other resorts have them.....

any help would be appreciated! thanks

Old 10-11-2012, 10:10 PM   #1690
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyelf10 View Post
Can anyone tell me if they have one in the room? I have a friend staying there next week and wanted to confirm it for her as online it says no.
Really?? It seems all the other resorts have them.....

any help would be appreciated! thanks
The family suites at AoA (Lion King, Cars, and Finding Nemo sections) have kitchenettes including a coffee maker.

The regular rooms in the Little Mermaid section at AoA do not have coffee makers, similar to the other value-class standard rooms at Pop Century and All Star resorts.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 10-12-2012, 08:06 AM   #1691
kikiw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopearls View Post
I did online check-in...we arrive this Sat on 10/13. Our flight lands at 10:20AM. I am hoping to have the luggage and rental car and be on the road to the resort by 11:30, arriving around noon. We have a 1:15 ADR for lunch at Raglan Road over at DTD. I am hoping that noon-1 will be enough time to check in and drop off the luggage. Then, lunch and grab some groceries...and in the pool by 4 PM!!!

Now, if there are flight delays or airport delays or traffic delays, we will go straight to DTD and then get to AoA by 3:30 or 4.

I will try to remember to report on the check-in lines...
That would be great, thank you! Have a wonderful trip and good luck I hope everything runs smoothly and on time
Old 10-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #1692
KMcCP
DIS Veteran

About how big are the in room safes? Wondering what to bring in terms of electronics etc and not having to carry them with us all the time. For example - can I fit a laptop in it?
Old 10-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #1693
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

The safes are fairly small. I was able to fit my iPad along with a few small items (iPod touches...) in there. It is too small for a lap top. I would say that it's about 12" by 10 or 11" and only about 3 or 4 inches deep.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)
Old 10-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #1694
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

I would have thought the safes would be at least as big as Pop's safes and my laptop easily fits there.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #1695
KMcCP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareHeartsDisney View Post
The safes are fairly small. I was able to fit my iPad along with a few small items (iPod touches...) in there. It is too small for a lap top. I would say that it's about 12" by 10 or 11" and only about 3 or 4 inches deep.
Thanks! I stayed at CBR about 20 years ago and I remember them being about that size. I'm thinking that I'll just keep the laptop at home and stick with the smartphone.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: