Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
CrusingFamily4
Mouseketeer

Family of the Day...

I know I was very curious when I read about this pre-cruise.

For the July 16th cruise out of Seattle, we were chosen! Thank you fellow disboarders!

How it worked for Seattle. We arrived early. The girls were very excited and dressed in Disney attire. (Mom *may* have been teary... darn those white mickey gloves and the excitement in the girls eyes!) Once checked in, my husband asked one of the CMs hanging around in the waiting area what the line forming was for. (Turns out, some of the characters meet you in the waiting area!) It was at this time they asked us if it was our first cruise, and if we would like it to be more special. Of course we did! It was at that time they told us we had been chosen. My recommendations are to arrive early, and make small talk with the CM hanging around the waiting room They are the people who chose to be the family of the day! (In our experience anyway).

It was a very special moment for me... watching my girls, hand in hand, board the ship first.
CrusingFamily4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

That's awesome! Good to know - it's our first cruise AND my son's birthday is the day we sail! We went to WDW for DS10's 6th birthday and put him in an obnoxiously bright yellow shirt that we ironed on "I'm 6 Today!" in big black letters. He got a private audience with Cinderella (um, do you have the Beast anywhere?) got to be "cruise operator" on Small World where they let him up to the bridge, press the button and wave to the boats below, and got another ride on Small World with no waiting (that was a dubious perk ). This go round it will be DS8's turn and I found a HUGE button at the dollar store with a cake on it and it says "It's my birthday". Hoping to get some perks for him this time, too!

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
tinkeramy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #3
lucky1
Face Character

Sweet.. what other perks did you receive as the family of the day?
lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #4
markuehl
Mouseketeer

We were family of the day on our june 15th Dream double dip what a great way to start your first Disney cruise we were so exited and are now saving for our second Disney cruise on the Fantasy 2014!!!
markuehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
Macmaro
Mouseketeer

It definitely makes the cruise special. Last October on the Wonder to the Mexican Riviera, we were chosen as the family of the cruise by the stateroom staff. Every day, they brought us a treat in the afternoon. We got things like pastry trays, cheese platters, and fruit baskets. It was awesome. A true magical memory.
Macmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #6
Spokavegas
DVC Member.....always counting down to a Disney destination!

Is there a difference between the "Family of the Day" and the "Family of the Cruise?" Special treats everyday? Wow!!
AKL 5/ 05 - Grand Californian 6/06 - Disneyland Hotel 4/07 - Poly Resort 2/08 - Disney Wonder Bahamas 2/08 (joined DVC!) - Saratoga Springs 5/08 - AKL Grand Villa 2/09 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean 1/11 - AKL Kidani Village 1/11 - Grand Californian 2/12 - Disney Wonder Alaska 7/12 - Bay Lake Tower/Contemporary/AKL- OTN Summit and Food & Wine Festival 11/12 - Disney Magic Caribbean 2/13 - DL Grand Californian 11/13 - AULANI 8/14!!

Spokavegas is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: