DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
Donald & Daisy Duck
I even put ketchup on my tag!

BWV or BCV - Which one??

We are going to be purchasing a small contract for either of these two DVC resorts and cannot decide on which one we like better.

We love the boardwalk area and have stayed a few times at the BC and had friends stay at the BWI.

Other than the pool, what is the difference between these two villas??

Donald & Daisy Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #2
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald & Daisy Duck View Post
We are going to be purchasing a small contract for either of these two DVC resorts and cannot decide on which one we like better.

We love the boardwalk area and have stayed a few times at the BC and had friends stay at the BWI.

Other than the pool, what is the difference between these two villas??
BWV has better views, BCV is located behind the resort building, so its views aren't anything to write home about.

BWV has grand villas.

BWV has standard view villas which can help you stretch your points.

BCV has better CS options than BWV.

To get food at BWV you have to go outside to the boardwalk, at BCV you can get food inside the resort.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

If you have any kids & might utilize a kids club on occasion, that is over at BC.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

BWV has a Community Hall and BCV does not. BCV is a little closer to Epcot, BWV is quite a bit closer to DHS. BCV has some dedicated 2 bedrooms and BWV only has lock-off 2 bedrooms.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #5
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

BCV has a character breakfast on-site. BWV is better "centered" between DHS and Epcot. BCV is closer to Epcot, but further from DHS.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
dan and scott
DIS Veteran

More options Boardwalk!!!

Scott
Old 07-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #7
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

We stayed at both and ended up buying at BWV. We bought there because of wanting both the standard view to stretch the points, boardwalk view when we didn't need to and because it was a bit more centered in terms of the walk to the two parks. Plus we bought resale and ended up only paying $55/pt!!!

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #8
dan and scott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
We stayed at both and ended up buying at BWV. We bought there because of wanting both the standard view to stretch the points, boardwalk view when we didn't need to and because it was a bit more centered in terms of the walk to the two parks. Plus we bought resale and ended up only paying $55/pt!!!
Just sold 100pts.at BW a few months ago to downsize to 625 pts. Now today inching closer to a Grand Cal 100pt add on that is already passed--but have some descisions to sleep on tonight. Not willing to sell off 100pts at BW to keep a firm hold on BW grand villa opportunities. We own 200pts. at BLT also.

Have fun and enjoy your BW points!!

Scott
Old 07-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #9
moobar25
Mouseketeer

Was in the same boat

It all depends on what you consider a small contract. For us it's 50 and decided on BWV- just got our contract docs today.
We've been staying mainly at BCV over the years (extended family trips) and love it there. MIL is a member and we stay DVC for free we've stayed at BWV once when it was just DH & I and it was nice. We chose BWV (50) so that we could do F&WF on our own and keep the cost/points to a minimum & get APs. Here was our pros & cons for each.
BCV:
+SAB, Marketplace- good options and close for am coffee & self serve mug refills and open 7am-11pm, closest to Epcot, good layout-not too far from main lobby, CS either at marketplace or Hannah's grill
- buy in cost is high, same points for each view (quiet pool, garden/woods, or Epcot on higher floors), don't get a choice of which view- luck of the draw

BWV:
- am coffee at Boardwalk bakery with longer lines and no self serve and far, pool not as nice as SAB, rooms very spread out & only one elevator bank,
+ buy in cost cheaper than BCV, view options: SV, G/P, BW, lowest points for SV, close to Epcot and nice walk along canal to DHS

For us it basically came down to what is the cheapest way we can stay walking distance to Epcot for F&WF- BWV in SV studio (10 pts a night sun-thu). Which gets us 5 nights each year with 50pts. The same stay at BCV would be 75pts.
Obviously the pts are current for next year, after that who knows

As far as restaurants go: we don't mind walking around the BW to eat at either BC or BW, so that's a wash
AKV-CL 1/15, BCV 9/14, AKV-CL/BCV 5/14, BC-CL/BLT/BWV 11/13 Wine & Dine Marathon, BLT/BCV 9/13 Family Reunion, YC-CL 6/13 Star Wars, BCV/BLT 1/13 Birthday Surprise, BLT/BCV 10/12 DH Birthday, BCV 5/12 Baby's 1st trip, AKV 5/11, BWV 5/10, SSR 9/08, BCV 5/08, BCV 5/07, VWL 5/05 Honeymoon

moobar25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:58 PM   #10
Donald & Daisy Duck
I even put ketchup on my tag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moobar25 View Post
It all depends on what you consider a small contract. For us it's 50 and decided on BWV- just got our contract docs today.
We've been staying mainly at BCV over the years (extended family trips) and love it there. MIL is a member and we stay DVC for free we've stayed at BWV once when it was just DH & I and it was nice. We chose BWV (50) so that we could do F&WF on our own and keep the cost/points to a minimum & get APs. Here was our pros & cons for each.
BCV:
+SAB, Marketplace- good options and close for am coffee & self serve mug refills and open 7am-11pm, closest to Epcot, good layout-not too far from main lobby, CS either at marketplace or Hannah's grill
- buy in cost is high, same points for each view (quiet pool, garden/woods, or Epcot on higher floors), don't get a choice of which view- luck of the draw

BWV:
- am coffee at Boardwalk bakery with longer lines and no self serve and far, pool not as nice as SAB, rooms very spread out & only one elevator bank,
+ buy in cost cheaper than BCV, view options: SV, G/P, BW, lowest points for SV, close to Epcot and nice walk along canal to DHS

For us it basically came down to what is the cheapest way we can stay walking distance to Epcot for F&WF- BWV in SV studio (10 pts a night sun-thu). Which gets us 5 nights each year with 50pts. The same stay at BCV would be 75pts.
Obviously the pts are current for next year, after that who knows

As far as restaurants go: we don't mind walking around the BW to eat at either BC or BW, so that's a wash
For us small contract is 50 pts also...still debating on resale or thru Disney. Just missed a 50 pt resale contract this week and the waiting for new ones is hard, but the cost difference is big.

I think I am leaning towards BWV for all the reasons you mentioned. I do like that BCV has that marketplace that serves CS food as thats really convenient but the pool has not real part in our decision (kids are now 20 and 18)

We have stayed at BCV and found that it was very busy....have not stayed at BWV and wondered if it had the same bustling feel to it?

Donald & Daisy Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:22 PM   #11
moobar25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We have stayed at BCV and found that it was very busy....have not stayed at BWV and wondered if it had the same bustling feel to it?
We've only stayed in BCV & BWV in may and it didn't feel crowded in either. We're going this oct and will see how it is for F&WF. I imagine it may be busy since both are just about completely booked.

We mainly love SAB because it has Hurricane Hanna's grill that serves hot food & drinks poolside. All the other resorts we've stayed at, the pool bars only serve chips and such. Also now that we have a wee little one, the sand pool will be nice for her.

As far as resale or direct, I believe you can only do a small 50 pointer by resale. Direct requires a minimum purchase of 160pts. Unless you're already a member and then you can add on as small as 25pts.

I found that BWV contracts are hot ticket items- they sell as soon as they r listed. We missed about 4 loaded ones since may. But be patient and keep an eye out. You can talk to the agents to keep you in mind when something comes up & they can call before it is published. Some will do that not all.
AKV-CL 1/15, BCV 9/14, AKV-CL/BCV 5/14, BC-CL/BLT/BWV 11/13 Wine & Dine Marathon, BLT/BCV 9/13 Family Reunion, YC-CL 6/13 Star Wars, BCV/BLT 1/13 Birthday Surprise, BLT/BCV 10/12 DH Birthday, BCV 5/12 Baby's 1st trip, AKV 5/11, BWV 5/10, SSR 9/08, BCV 5/08, BCV 5/07, VWL 5/05 Honeymoon

moobar25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #12
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

Quote:
I think I am leaning towards BWV for all the reasons you mentioned. I do like that BCV has that marketplace that serves CS food as thats really convenient but the pool has not real part in our decision (kids are now 20 and 18)

we initially bought 240pts at BWVs after staying there a few times, then added 60 at BCV, sight unseen (plus another 100 at SSR).
after a few BCV stays, we found it too noisy and chaotic for our tastes(mostly the pool and lobby, but we also found the noisy hallways made sleeping difficult on quite a few nights/early mornings).
IMHO, BCV is wonderful for very small children, where the freedom to be as active and loud as they want is expected, if not encouraged. btw, having such an option certainly is a good thing (note that my 8yo nephew felt it was geared to smaller children than even himself).
however, we prefer a more adult atmosphere, quietly upscale, with a plethora of activities at our fingertips, but not in our faces.
add in the breathtaking BW view, and we are on every BWV stay.

we plan on selling our BCV for more BWV.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #13
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Because if the standard views I think a small contract is best used at BWV. We own at both, and like both a lot! We have always stayed at BWV in SV for our NYE extended stay, love the point savings!

Bobbi
Old 08-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #14
KyleRayner
DIS Veteran

KyleRayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #15
hot_mama
All Things DISNEY

We have stayed at bot and we enjoyed the BWV much more than BCV. The clown slide and boardwalk performeres are nice for the kids and we like location better since it is right by the bakery and restaurants and still so close to both parks! We found that the BCV are getting a little run down and to us not worth the extra points.

Next trip - BLT and BWV in October - November
hot_mama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: