Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Duffy has the Pixie Dust! July 2012 TR (9/5 Update)

Hello! Welcome to my July trip report. For my new readers, let me briefly introduce us!

DH (Gregg) and I (Debby) both love WDW. I am very blessed that he enjoys it as much as I do. We became DVC members in 2009, and we are finally slowing down in the parks. We didn't do rope drop every morning of this trip, and the world didn't stop. I'm a teacher and dh is a letter carrier.

Hannah and Emma are our ten-year-old twins. They can't comprehend how lucky they are to be able to travel to WDW twice a year. They are entering fifth grade .

Last edited by disneydreamingdebby; 09-05-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

I missed you, I missed you, I missed you...going back to read now but I'm here and I missed you

Last edited by Queenofallthings; 07-28-2012 at 06:36 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Yay!!! I am subin for sure!!! I can't wait to read all about it.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #4
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Glad you started a TR. And your girls were very well behaved when I aw them at AKL. Very pretty girls. . Can't wait to hear about your trip.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #5
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Joining in, can not wait to hear about your trip.

On My Weight to Disney ~ weight loss blog
Old 07-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #6
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hi, Debby!!! I'm here for all the fun!!!
Old 07-28-2012, 09:15 AM   #7
Cinderella909
Mouseketeer

I'm joining in too! Can't wait to hear all your fun!
Old 07-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #8
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
We became DVC members in 2009, and we are finally slowing down in the parks. We didn't do rope drop every morning of this trip, and the world didn't stop.
It is nice to slow down - to do a few things, have swim/rest/eating time, then go do a few more things.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:23 AM   #9
BouyeaFam
Earning My Ears

joining in looks like a great trip

Old 08-02-2012, 06:30 AM   #10
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I missed you, I missed you, I missed you...going back to read now but I'm here and I missed you
There wasn't much to read... I miss you too! I have to catch up on your report. I haven't been on the Dis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Yay!!! I am subin for sure!!! I can't wait to read all about it.
Hi there! I hope your DL trip was fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post
Glad you started a TR. And your girls were very well behaved when I aw them at AKL. Very pretty girls. . Can't wait to hear about your trip.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RooRach0906 View Post
Joining in, can not wait to hear about your trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hi, Debby!!! I'm here for all the fun!!!
Welcome! I need to catch up on your adventure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella909 View Post
I'm joining in too! Can't wait to hear all your fun!
Welcome! Glad to have you along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
It is nice to slow down - to do a few things, have swim/rest/eating time, then go do a few more things.
I don't think your family slows down... it must have been so awesome to be there with Brooklyn to pace it for just the two of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BouyeaFam View Post
joining in looks like a great trip
Welcome!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:10 AM   #11
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Let's start this again. (I just accidentally clicked and lost my typing...)
Forgive the iphone shots...I didn't use the "real" camera for our morning arrival!

We had a relatively stress-free morning. My mom didn't answer her wake up call, so I was a bit nervous about time. (She asked me to call her before we left our house.) I figured if she didn't answer, I'd just let myself in to wake her. She did answer though, and when we arrived, she came out and hopped in the van.

Easy check in at the airport and uneventful trip through security. We grabbed breakfast and boarded the plane for our 6:55 takeoff.

We landed at 9:05, loaded magical express

and waited about 30 min to leave airport. I was a bit irritated by a man (clearly not a newbie to WDW) complaining on the bus. I wanted to remind him that (1) Magical Express was free and (2) he was headed to WDW in July, he needed to prepare himself for waits! (I sat quietly like a good girl though!)

We checked in easily and the CM told me our room request to be near the lobby was met! We hoped on the AK bus and 5 min later we arrived at AK at 11:26!

We grabbed fastpasses for Kali and skipped the 50 min wait for Everest. It was lunch time, and I decided ahead of time for Yak and Yeti counter service.

After lunch, we headed to Primeval whirl which oddly had only a 10 min wait. We rode it twice - my girls love this ride and giggle throughout. I think I make a lot of Ugh noises!!

Dh lost his sunglasses on the second ride. He realized it as we were walking down the long exit. I headed back and asked the CM. He found glasses in the ride vehicle (same color as ours) but they weren't dh's.

We headed to Dinosaur which turned into a 30 min wait. (It was 20 before a tour group.) After Dino, I asked girls if they wanted to do primeval whirl again... As we were walking by, I saw a cm giving other cm glasses and cell phones. I saw Gregg's glasses. I was so excited. I looked at the CM and said "They say fossil!" They thought I was crazy... Dinoland - fossil...I was so excited I didn't say - "oh good my dh lost his sunglasses 30 min ago, they are the ones that say fossil on the side." I don't know if I ever got my wits about me and said anything that made sense, but they did give me the glasses!

We went to use the 1:05 FP for Kali around 1:25 and at 1:30, we got a text that the room was ready! We were drenched!!!

We left the park and Gregg reminded me of Tables in Wonderland card. I sent them ahead. Went back into the park and bought the tiw, I arrived at the bus stop as bus pulled up.

Up next - our room
Old 08-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #12
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

I can't even imagine how amazing that must be arriving that early in the morning! Sounds like a great first day and what luck being in the right place at the right time for Gregg's glasses

Great pics btw...
Old 08-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #13
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Your trip was off to a great start right off the bat! Hurray for being able to reclaim DH's glasses -- too funny about not making any sense -- I would have been the same way, I have no doubt.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:23 PM   #14
mgsmom
DIS Veteran

You guys are off to a great start!! Can't wait to read more!!

And thanks for the heads-up

Are we there yet???
2000 CR Garden Wing
2004 All 4 parks in one day

2010 FW Cabin

2011 FW rented 5W

2012 Pop Century

2013 Castaway Cay (Disney Dream)
Old 08-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #15
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Arrived and in Animal Kingdom in a short time - that's a good start. Just be glad you didn't have to spend your whole trip with the guy on the bus. He might possibly have put a little damper on your trip.

Glad you found the sunglasses.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: