DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #1
sturowski
Mouseketeer

Kidani- sleeper sofa in studio

Hi, we just booked our first time in a standard studio in the kidani village. How is the sleeper sofa? Is it comfortable enough for two kids(4 and 6) or 1 kid and one adult? Also, does the gift shop have food items or are they very overpriced where we would be better off ordering from the store to have delivered?
sturowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
drusba

DIS Veteran

The couch pulls out to a full-size bed that is OK although not as good as a bed. It is much better than pull-outs you find in many hotels where the bars poke you in the back.

The Kidani store, which is small, has limited food items but includes things like coffee, cream, milk and others. Reasonably priced and Disney store are an oxymoron. Prices are higher than what you can get at a store. However, with a studio, you cannot store a lot of perishables with only a small refrig and I don't know whether it would actually be cheaper to buy from a delivery service when you have to pay a delivery fee unless you are getting fully stocked like you would for a 1BR, but some are likely to know much more than me about ordering for a studio.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #3
jambo5564
Mouseketeer

Put the kids on the pull out couch. Im paying for the trip. I should at least get a bed! Haha
jambo5564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #4
Dina
DIS Veteran

We just did the studio at jambo last summer. my kids 9yo and 12yo, shared the sleeper sofa without complaint. we always get a studio, and they havent' had a problem, yet. I think we have one more trip in us where they can share that full size sofa bed, then we'll have to stay at okw until we add on to our points so that we can have a two bedroom (or at least a 1 br with a bigger sleeper sofa). My kids are both on the small side for their age, but still much older than your kids i dont' think I could have slept on it though--- i sat on it---not much to that mattress, but if you put the kids on it, they should be fine.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: