Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 07:16 AM   #1351
Tuffcookie
Enjoys an early hour of peace
Women like the simple things in life...like men!:D
Is a smart cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydiane1953 View Post
I think Val is in love with Kelly. Maybe they are dating ??? He's feeling it more than her IMO. I want Melissa to win hands down.

This is what I think too!

TC
Old 11-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #1352
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

All my votes went for Melissa and Tony last night.

I don't care who goes home tonight as long as it is not Melissa or Shawn. I am not a Derek fan but Shawn deserves to be in the final so I will put my anti-Derek feelings aside.

Emmitt should have gone home last week.
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #1353
Arsenal1982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBoopaloo View Post
All my votes went for Melissa and Tony last night.

I don't care who goes home tonight as long as it is not Melissa or Shawn. I am not a Derek fan but Shawn deserves to be in the final so I will put my anti-Derek feelings aside.

Emmitt should have gone home last week.
Emmitt is going to win.
Arsenal1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #1354
jen0610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmabelle View Post
yay!!!

I just use the text vote, so 5 of those...I may need to go find my families' cell phones too.
Your a day late and a dollar short on that one. I've been doing that for as long as I have been watching the show and voting. I pay the cell phone bill, so I get my cell phone, DH's cell phone, and both kids phones. If they sit and actually watch, they get a say in who I vote for on their phone, but other than that, it's all mine to use. The only exception to that rule, is no voting for Anna.

Same way with online voting. Each e-mail account I have, DH has and the kids have, all have a user id on ABC.com and the get used for voting. And like the phones, if they watch, they get to say who gets the votes from their e-mail.

But seeing as DS has never watched the show, I get all his votes. DH watches only when Lacey was dancing, so I have his all to myself now. And DD, she's hit or miss on watching. More times then not, I get hers as well.
jen0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #1355
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Here's something I don't understand about all of the Anna hate. Well, I guess it's more about inconsistency than Anna hate. See, I can't stand Karina. I think she is one of the worst pros as far as choreographing to highlight strengths and mask weaknesses. It seems that she does choreography to highlight her abilities and just hopes that that works out with her partners. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. However, I would be able to handle all of that had she not walked out on two of her partners. Now, I understand Tony walking out in his situation with Kate. Personally, I think he should be nominated for sainthood for not walking out weeks prior. However, Karina walked out on her partners not because they were being rude and disrespectful, but because they were struggling to get the steps. I don't understand how people can be so angry with Anna for changing up the routine and not be angry with Karina for some of the stuff she has pulled.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #1356
jen0610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
Here's something I don't understand about all of the Anna hate. Well, I guess it's more about inconsistency than Anna hate. See, I can't stand Karina. I think she is one of the worst pros as far as choreographing to highlight strengths and mask weaknesses. It seems that she does choreography to highlight her abilities and just hopes that that works out with her partners. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. However, I would be able to handle all of that had she not walked out on two of her partners. Now, I understand Tony walking out in his situation with Kate. Personally, I think he should be nominated for sainthood for not walking out weeks prior. However, Karina walked out on her partners not because they were being rude and disrespectful, but because they were struggling to get the steps. I don't understand how people can be so angry with Anna for changing up the routine and not be angry with Karina for some of the stuff she has pulled.
I would venture to say, that many of us that don't like Anna, don't have a high opinion of Karina either, stemming from her actions after losing with Mario. BUT by far, Anna is the worst of the female pros that like to showcase steps to her strenght, not her dancers.

Karina walks out on HER partners during their practice time, it is to calm down and collect herself, so that she can work with them to get the steps. The whole Anna thing, goes back to the fact that SHE didn't want to bother to learn a dance that didn't showcase her, so SHE changed a routine for a star that another PRO had put together. If she is as good a dancer as she wants everybody to believe, she should have been able to pick up the steps that Lacey had put togther in a heartbeat. Oh, and believe me when I say, if it had been Lacey to pull that stunt, I would have been and still be all over her rear end for pulling that on another pro and star team. It was and will always be the wrong thing to do.

I would be pretty sure that at one point and time, every single pro has had to leave the practice room, to collect themself before continuing with a rehersal. I've seen teachers at DD dance studio, leave a room, just because someone(s) in a class are working a nerve and it's leave and collect themself or say something that they will wish they could take back.

And yes, after putting up with Kate, Tony has an express pass to the pearly gates in my book. I wouldn't have wished her on my worst enemy.
jen0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #1357
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen0610 View Post
I would be pretty sure that at one point and time, every single pro has had to leave the practice room, to collect themself before continuing with a rehersal. I've seen teachers at DD dance studio, leave a room, just because someone(s) in a class are working a nerve and it's leave and collect themself or say something that they will wish they could take back.

And yes, after putting up with Kate, Tony has an express pass to the pearly gates in my book. I wouldn't have wished her on my worst enemy.
ITA on both points. You first point reminded me of something last night ... did anyone else notice how much V-V-Val was acting like the M-M-Maks of the past? He seemed very annoyed that Kelly wasn't dancing up to her potential.

ETA: I was not a big Karina fan until a couple seasons ago.
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #1358
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

1. I hope Melissa and Tony win. They are adorable, and Tony deserves the win finally!

2. I hope Franken-Emmett and Apolo go home tonight. I can't stand Karina at all, and Emmett isn't fit to polish the dancing shoes of the other contestants.

3. I wish Val and Kelly would just DO IT already and get it over with.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #1359
emmabelle
I better watch out or my tag will say "She's some kind of a loserbag!"

My boy Apolo got the encore - yeah baby!

Me DH DS DD and the Dis(cats) - Lily Jynx Charlie
2003-CBR, 2004-Swan, 2006-BC, 2006-BWI, 2007-WL, 2008-BWI, 2009-BC, 2010-BWI, 2011-YC, 2011-BWV, 2012-BLT, 2013-BC, 2013-YC, 2014-GF
emmabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #1360
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Derek looks horrible with a mustache. I think
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #1361
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Double elimination tonight!

First couple SAFE & going to the Finals:

Shawn & Derek
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #1362
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Entertainment Tonight said the odds in Vegas are that Emmitt & Cheryl are at the bottom of the odds list at 8 to 1 to win.

Topping the list to win are Melissa & Tony at 9 to 5 to win.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
Thanks!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:23 PM   #1363
emmabelle
I better watch out or my tag will say "She's some kind of a loserbag!"

as long as Emmitt goes, I can deal with Apolo going with him, I'll be mad if it's Apolo and Kelly though.

Me DH DS DD and the Dis(cats) - Lily Jynx Charlie
2003-CBR, 2004-Swan, 2006-BC, 2006-BWI, 2007-WL, 2008-BWI, 2009-BC, 2010-BWI, 2011-YC, 2011-BWV, 2012-BLT, 2013-BC, 2013-YC, 2014-GF
emmabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:29 PM   #1364
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

First couple eliminated:

Apolo & Karina
Thanks!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:29 PM   #1365
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Woot!!!! So glad to see Tony finally get to the finals.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: