Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #121
3Paige14
Mouseketeer

I'm not all too thrilled with Sabrina being "voted" to the All Star cast. I wasn't a fan of her the first time and I probably won't be again.

My votes are still going to Helio.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #122
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Dolly View Post
I know. It almost feels fixed. I voted for Kyle like crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
I'm going to sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist with a tin foil hat here, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was fixed.
I'm disappointed too. I wonder if there isn't some clause though in the voting procedure, where the producers can override and have final say over who gets picked, or who ultimately wins. This way, they maintain final control in case there is any trouble.

Back when Sabrina was voted off, there was some website that purposely banded people together to vote on all reality shows for the loser, or most hated person, to purposely skew the votes and keep a person who would have gone home on.

You combine that with not enough people voting for Sabrina that week, and someone else (who would have gone) moves right past her and stays.

In terms of drama & tension for the show, it sounds really splashy to her her come back and see how far she would have gone.

We knew Kyle was really good, and sometimes he dances with the ensemble dancers, do he has been continuing to dance. No drama there.

Carson, as fun as he would be, wasn't that good of a dancer. So he'd be possibly booted off rather early.

Sabrina would last as long as kyle, with people rooting to see she can go this time. IF the producers stepped it, in makes sense why.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 11:32 PM   #123
Sorsha
People, don't be like the chickens

Personally (putting on flame suit ) I think there SHOULD be a little bit of an override procedure where the judges ultimately have final say over who stays and who goes.

I can think of at least twice (Bristol and Master P. ) when "fans" have banded together and made sure that those lesser dancers stayed on WAY longer than they should have. Because of that, much better dancers got booted out too early.

I believe that, to finally get rid of Master P, the judges had to resort to scoring him 2's and 3's.

Upcoming California and Disneyland Pre-Trip!
"My kids' through the years at Disney parks" video!
Sorsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:42 PM   #124
Arsenal1982
DIS Veteran

E. Smith will win. The man just has too many fans and he's a cool dancer, looks like he's having fun.
Arsenal1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:30 AM   #125
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorsha View Post
Personally (putting on flame suit ) I think there SHOULD be a little bit of an override procedure where the judges ultimately have final say over who stays and who goes.

I can think of at least twice (Bristol and Master P. ) when "fans" have banded together and made sure that those lesser dancers stayed on WAY longer than they should have. Because of that, much better dancers got booted out too early.

I believe that, to finally get rid of Master P, the judges had to resort to scoring him 2's and 3's.
And in Bristol's season, they had to give the judges an extra dance or something that allowed them triple points, or something like that, where no mater how many people voted for Bristol, the judges votes pretty much outweighed all the viewer votes.

She is pretty much the wild card again on the show. With another big election coming up, the tea party may try to vote for her again to send some kind of message to support her mom's party, and not because Bristol is a better dancer than anyone else on.

It will be a shame if better dancers are booted off before her again.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:17 AM   #126
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
And in Bristol's season, they had to give the judges an extra dance or something that allowed them triple points, or something like that, where no mater how many people voted for Bristol, the judges votes pretty much outweighed all the viewer votes.

She is pretty much the wild card again on the show. With another big election coming up, the tea party may try to vote for her again to send some kind of message to support her mom's party, and not because Bristol is a better dancer than anyone else on.

It will be a shame if better dancers are booted off before her again.
I have resigned myself to the fact that Bristol will stay on longer than better dancers just because of her mom's fans. I just hope that the producers bring back the bottom two dance-off for the middle of the season (week 5-7). If they do, she'll go as long as she's in the bottom two.

I would have preferred Kyle but I'm OK with Sabrina being the final star. I remember being shocked when she was voted off. I think I was voting for Mel B.
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:25 AM   #127
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:

I'm going to respectfully disagree. Peopy b might say that this is a dance competition, and they would only be partially correct. The judges scored based on dance. The viewers are supposed to vote for their "favorite". No one ever said that we had to use dance ability to choose who our favorite was. I don't always vote for the best dancer. I usually vote for the person that makes me laugh, the person who is clearly working their butt off but just hasn't quite had their moment yet, or the person who has shown himself or herself to be truly sweet and humble. I have voted for Carson, Mark Cuban, Cloris, and yes, even Bristol. I wouldn't think it smart to have the judges overrule. The fans of the show have said who they want to keep. You start telling them that in an essence, you don't care about their opinion and they will likely stop tuning in.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #128
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
The fans of the show have said who they want to keep. You start telling them that in an essence, you don't care about their opinion and they will likely stop tuning in.
That's why I like the mid season dance-off. It is a combination of both a popularity contest and a talent contest. Many of the talent based reality shows have that kind of format.
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #129
jen0610
DIS Veteran

Just make me hurl now. He's got to be the biggest IDIOT!! His facial expressions aren't appealing. And the glasses. Is that going to be his new accessory this year? Last year it was the hats, this year the glasses. He needs to just dance.

jen0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #130
Princess Dolly
Unfortunately it encroached the danger zone

Ugh. He's so annoying.
Princess Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #131
jen0610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Dolly View Post
Ugh. He's so annoying.
Not a single one of the other teams is doing anything goofy to draw attention to themselves. They are all doing the standard poses. If they were just standing there blowing on their smokin' guns, I wouldn't have any issue with the pose. But it's him wearing those stupid glasses, the over pukered lips and the eyebrows arched sky high that make it too much. Bristol looks just fine.

The only one's with pictures not posted are Kirstie/Mak and Sabrina/Louis. Wonder what's up with that.

Last edited by jen0610; 08-30-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #132
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen0610 View Post
Not a single one of the other teams is doing anything goofy to draw attention to themselves. They are all doing the standard poses. If they were just standing there blowing on their smokin' guns, I wouldn't have any issue with the pose. But it's him wearing those stupid glasses, the over pukered lips and the eyebrows arched sky high that make it too much. Bristol looks just fine.

The only one's not pictures not posted are Kirstie/Mak and Sabrina/Louis. Wonder what's up with that.
I think Kirstie had been out of the country until recently.
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:40 AM   #133
jen0610
DIS Veteran

Oh yea. Before I forget.

For all us William fans. Saw this a couple of days ago. LOVE IT!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9FPq...feature=relmfu
Old 08-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #134
3Paige14
Mouseketeer

I think I'm sticking with this pair. Helio still has my heart.

Old 09-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #135
Arsenal1982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen0610 View Post
Just make me hurl now. He's got to be the biggest IDIOT!! His facial expressions aren't appealing. And the glasses. Is that going to be his new accessory this year? Last year it was the hats, this year the glasses. He needs to just dance.

Did Bristol lose some weight? Looks pretty hot there.
Arsenal1982 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: