Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #1246
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I am very bummed that we will be able to see a silky sleeveless Emmitt instead of a shirtless Gilles . My two favorites are still there.
This made me laugh. How many brightly colored silky sleeveless shirts do you think they have tucked away for him?
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #1247
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanajoyx2 View Post
I believe Melissa is the best dancer remaining in the competition. I think Shawn is adorable and Derek is a phenomenal choreographer, but, to me, she is a gymnast first and a dancer second. And she doesn't have the "look" of a dancer. Melissa may not have the huge fan base the other contestants have, but, in my opinion, she deserves to win. I love watching her and Tony together. Their smiles light up the stage.
+1

I would love to see Tony win! He's been on the show all these years, dumbed down his routines for so many bad partners. Now that he has a really great partner who can actually do the hard choreography, he deserves the mirror ball trophy!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #1248
Disneymaddness
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
+1

I would love to see Tony win! He's been on the show all these years, dumbed down his routines for so many bad partners. Now that he has a really great partner who can actually do the hard choreography, he deserves the mirror ball trophy!
POR- 7/05, 8/07, 7/11, 5/13, 2/14
Disneymaddness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #1249
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
+1

+2

And out of ALL the people who could win, this would affect Tony's career the most. Every one else would just go home with the mirror ball trophy and claim the win. But, this would mean Tony no longer will be given the Kate Gosselins and tranvestite Wendys.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #1250
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
How many people are there in the state of Texas? I would think it would be different if Eli Manning was a contender, as in just NYC alone, there would be 8 million people voting for him + the rest of the state. That kind of numbers would really skew and screw results up.

If you think of it, just by fan base alone, Gilles was going to go last night as most of his fan base is the Sex & the City, type fans which are mostly women + some Latin & French fans.

Meanwhile Shawn and Apollo have the Olympics fan base, which is all of the U.S, of both sexes. Plus, both dancers are really good, so you get those people tuning in voting for the best dancer. There are definitely more of both of them than voting for Emmitt.

I would think that means Kelly will possibly go next weeks as it's only the GH/female crowd voting for her.

Or Melissa, as she only has some Dallas Cowboy/TX people, plus a handful of female Bachelorette fans. Her & Tony being of the best dancers might make her last and get into the finals, but she doesn't sound like she has a strong enough fan base to win. Unless Emmitt gets knocked out, and all those Cowboy fans move to Melissa.

. . . Hmm, just some very unscientific musing here. . .
Texas has a population of 25,674,681. To compare, New York state only has 19,465,197. Basically, unless you are from Houston, if you are a pro football fan in the state, it is the Cowboys. Add in the fact that Emmitt is from the hay days of the Cowboys, and people in our state love him. Besides, he is a nice guy. I mean, if he was some giant butthead like Chad Ochocinco, that would hurt him. He's nice, though, and people like that.

Personally, Emmitt isn't my favorite, but I do like him. I think I'd like him more if he was with Kym, though. I loved Apollo when he was with Julianne, but I don't like him as much this season. Shawn is probably my favorite, but I also love the idea of Tony doing so well for once. Really don't care for Kelly and Val, so they can be the next to go, if not Apollo and Karina. Really want to see Emmitt, Shawn, and Melissa in the finals. Would be happiest if Shawn won, but only marginally so more than Melissa.

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #1251
alex9179
DIS Veteran

And, Texans have a reputation for being a bit fanatical about support for their state and those who come from it-for better or worse. I hope Melissa gets the votes from here because I would love for Tony to win. He's gotten the short end of the stick for so long!

Funny state pride story. When we moved here from the Midwest and I started a new job, I was liked but didn't get the seal of approval until they found out I was born here! They were guys and most of them in their 20's so I'm sure that had something to do with their mind-set.
alex9179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #1252
JennaDeeDooDah

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex9179 View Post
And, Texans have a reputation for being a bit fanatical about support for their state and those who come from it-for better or worse. I hope Melissa gets the votes from here because I would love for Tony to win. He's gotten the short end of the stick for so long!

Funny state pride story. When we moved here from the Midwest and I started a new job, I was liked but didn't get the seal of approval until they found out I was born here! They were guys and most of them in their 20's so I'm sure that had something to do with their mind-set.
We do love our state, that's for sure. To be fair, though, Emmitt is actually from Florida. He just transplanted here when the Cowboys drafted him in 1990. Him being a Cowboy has little to do with my I like him, though. Maybe it's because he's actually not from Texas

Old 11-14-2012, 12:16 PM   #1253
nanajoyx2
Enjoy those wonderful princes...they are a blessing!

Melissa is up against 4 previous Mirror Ball Trophy winners. I hope this works to her advantage. I don't think it is fair to have winners compete again. Hopefully lots of others feel the same. The All Star season should have been all previous winners or all non-winners IMO.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #1254
alex9179
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
We do love our state, that's for sure. To be fair, though, Emmitt is actually from Florida. He just transplanted here when the Cowboys drafted him in 1990. Him being a Cowboy has little to do with my I like him, though. Maybe it's because he's actually not from Texas
Oh, but Texas would certainly claim him due to his career (and the fact he's chosen a home here).

I didn't start watching until 2009, something mild for the kids to watch before bed compared to the other shows that were on - and we couldn't take Nick Jr anymore. I missed Emmitt's first round, but he has underwhelmed me this season. I DO like how he has conducted himself, which is why I can't compare him to Bristol, even though he's staying long past his skill has peaked. He's no Hines on the dance floor.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:20 PM   #1255
alex9179
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Melissa is up against 4 previous Mirror Ball Trophy winners. I hope this works to her advantage. I don't think it is fair to have winners compete again. Hopefully lots of others feel the same. The All Star season should have been all previous winners or all non-winners IMO.
This show is never fair. They always have ringers included with hopeless non-dancers, too. But can you imagine watching a show with Kate, Wendy, Michael Bolton, and Nancy Grace?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #1256
JennaDeeDooDah

Quote:
Oh, but Texas would certainly claim him due to his career (and the fact he's chosen a home here).

I didn't start watching until 2009, something mild for the kids to watch before bed compared to the other shows that were on - and we couldn't take Nick Jr anymore. I missed Emmitt's first round, but he has underwhelmed me this season. I DO like how he has conducted himself, which is why I can't compare him to Bristol, even though he's staying long past his skill has peaked. He's no Hines on the dance floor.
Oh you missed season 7, then. Warren Sapp was on that season and was paired with Kym. I absolutely love Kym and thought that Warren was so much fun to watch. Now, I'm a big fan of college football, but don't really watch the pros. This means that I didn't know what Warren Sapp was like in real life. When my father and husband told me about what a jerk he was, I was so sad! I think that's one of the reasons I really like Emmitt. He can dance (some argue he isn't as good as others, but I don't believe that this is 100% a dance competition) and he is a good person off of the dance floor. Who the person is when the cameras aren't rolling goes a long way with me and I think that I like him more because of how sad I was to hear about Warren Sapp. Does that make any sense?

Old 11-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #1257
nanajoyx2
Enjoy those wonderful princes...they are a blessing!

But I mean good non-winners, not incompetent clods. All Stars should mean good dancers and entertainers, not losers like Bristol, Kate etc..
Old 11-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #1258
alex9179
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But I mean good non-winners, not incompetent clods. All Stars should mean good dancers and entertainers, not losers like Bristol, Kate etc..
Yeah, we wish. But, a bit of controversy is part and parcel with this show. You have to have the characters "people love to hate", the sob (or whiny) stories, the strong and the just fun. I could do without all of that because I think the dancing is fun enough and I adore it when you see someone with no training turn into a contender or surprise you with how much they put into their routines.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #1259
Grandmouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This show is never fair. They always have ringers included with hopeless non-dancers, too. But can you imagine watching a show with Kate, Wendy, Michael Bolton, and Nancy Grace?
Yes, my daughter and I were discussing this just the other day when we were wondering who will possibly be on next season (is there anyone left?). Call it All-Star Losers. Add to the above list all the models who go the first or second week.

Seriously though, I think I'm done with this show. At the very beginning of this season it was rumored that it was set up for Emmit to win. Now I'm beginning to believe it. I loved him the first time, but not this time. I was not happy when Sabrina was voted off and now Gilles. Melissa or Emmit should have gone first. This isn't a personality contest; it's a dancing contest.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #1260
Lucky'sMom
DIS Veteran

[. Melissa or Emmit should have gone first. This isn't a personality contest; it's a dancing contest.[/QUOTE]

Melissa? She is the best one on the show! (?)

2014-June, Windsor Hills pool home and HRH; 2012-July, RPR and Reunion resort pool home; May,Marriott's Grande Vista; 2011 -Jan: CSR; May: CBR; 2009 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential Suite!; 2008 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek and RPR; 2007 - POR, Wonder Cruise, BWV; 2006 - Springhill Suites, UO and PBH, Nick Hotel; 2005 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins; 2003 - Poly, OKW, AsMo; 2002 - UO and RPR; 2001 - Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2000 - Holiday Inn Family Suites, ASMu; 1996 - Swan; 1995 - Swan, ASSp, ASMu; 1994 - POFQ
Lucky'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: