Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 07:38 AM   #1201
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran

Kirstie looked like she was wearing a bathrobe over leggings in that final dance. Ugh.

I liked Shawn, Derek and Mark's dance, although even my dh asked, "Where's the samba in that samba?" But honestly, as an audience member, I'd MUCH rather watch a dance like that than a strictly ballroom samba. Far more entertaining.

I do NOT get the Emmitt love. The guy seems nice, but he just stood there while the two females gyrated around him. Anyone could have done that. Can't believe his scores.
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:45 AM   #1202
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shugardrawers View Post
They lost me too.

The problem is in that menage a trois someone is gonna get left out....I'm assuming it would be poor Louie who I adore.

Not getting the Gilles love. And really getting tired of shirtless Gilles. Can we just have a nice dance from him where he stays fully dressed?
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #1203
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtototoo View Post
I do NOT get the Emmitt love. The guy seems nice, but he just stood there while the two females gyrated around him. Anyone could have done that. Can't believe his scores.
.....ditto.....and I know that I'll probably get flamed for THIS, but I'm just not feelin' the Gilles Marini vibe either....BLECCCHHH!!! I can't stand to wastch him dance any more; I usually fast-forward it when he dances....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #1204
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arielle22 View Post
Did anyone else notice how low cut Peta's costume was at the lower section? I didn't notice until she was standing next to Chelsey. It was so low I don't know how she wasn't showing per privates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post
I DID!
WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!?!
I said something to my husband and he was more than happy to actually remove his eyes for the first time all night from his iPad to sneak a peek.

I wonder if they did a closer shot of their heads when it aired out west??
I did, too! That's actually why I came on the thread this morning - to see if anyone else had mentioned it. Arielle - the same for me, I didn't notice it until she was standing next to Chelsey when they were with Brooke.

I could not believe it. That costume could not have been one fraction of an inch lower. It had to have been taped down to her.

When we are shocked by a costume on DWTS, you know it mush have been something!
T*Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #1205
emmabelle
I better watch out or my tag will say "She's some kind of a loserbag!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbun View Post
He stayed dressed his whole first dance. I was disappointed.

Quote:
Kirstie looked like she was wearing a bathrobe over leggings in that final dance. Ugh.

that was a hot mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
.....ditto.....and I know that I'll probably get flamed for THIS, but I'm just not feelin' the Gilles Marini vibe either....BLECCCHHH!!! I can't stand to wastch him dance any more; I usually fast-forward it when he dances....

probably won't have to deal with him anymore because I fear the shirtless wonder may have danced his last dance. It's unfortunate because I think he is a better dancer than Emmitt.

2003-CBR, 2004-Swan, 2006-BC, 2006-BWI, 2007-WL, 2008-BWI, 2009-BC, 2010-BWI, 2011-YC, 2011-BWV, 2012-BLT, 2013-BC, 2013-YC, 2014-GF
emmabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #1206
NEVERENOUGHWDW
Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Dance like nobody is watching!
If there was an Olympic event I'm sure I would leave with the "gold" poop medal

Location: Doesn't matter, my mind & body are usually in 2 different places...

Quote:
I loved him the season he was on. This season he seems to think he is one of the pros

What people think of you is none of your business.
NEVERENOUGHWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #1207
Lionqueen2
DIS Veteran

Melissa has been my favorite from the beginning. She is a beautiful dancer.
Lionqueen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #1208
Danibelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionqueen2 View Post
Melissa has been my favorite from the beginning. She is a beautiful dancer.
And she keeps getting better and better!

Danibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #1209
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
I'm no dancer, are you? I really love what I see in Shawn, Derek and Mark. They are a perfect trio and definitely the most entertaining. I vote for who gave me the biggest thrill. There was definitely contraversy between the judges on this one. Len was out of sync with the others. They got a 9, 10 and 7. The other two are younger and someone suggested Len should move into the 21st century. I agree; he's an old curmudgeon. Dance evolves; he has not.
What has that to do with anything? If the show was only for people who actually dance, then it woud have ended in it's first season with lack of enough viewers. Many of us on this thread to know what an actual samba, paso doble, etc., looks like without having to dance the steps ourselves. I can tell when one of the dancers is off in the quick-step as they get out of sync and do not match each other. We ALL get to have our opinions without being passive aggressively shamed with what seems like a qualitative statement like, is someone here a dancer? Not sure if I have missed what you actually mean?

Quote:
He stayed dressed his whole first dance. I was disappointed.

Quote:
I thought it looked like an old granny nightgown she picked up at Salvation Army.

Maybe, that's where she brought n the military, getting something from the Salvation Army.

Quote:
.....ditto.....and I know that I'll probably get flamed for THIS, but I'm just not feelin' the Gilles Marini vibe either....BLECCCHHH!!! I can't stand to watch him dance any more; I usually fast-forward it when he dances....
I was loving him until a few weeks ago. Then I lost the Gilles vibe. He looked shirtless & wonderful last night, but I just was no longer feeling it for him. As someone else mentioned, he seems to be relying on his sexiness, like it's a gimmick now. Plus, he keeps talking about getting the getting the dances technically correct. like he's so focused on that, he no longer brings the life & excitement to it like he used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
I did, too! That's actually why I came on the thread this morning - to see if anyone else had mentioned it. Arielle - the same for me, I didn't notice it until she was standing next to Chelsey when they were with Brooke.

I could not believe it. That costume could not have been one fraction of an inch lower. It had to have been taped down to her.

When we are shocked by a costume on DWTS, you know it mush have been something!
Maybe that's why the show had to cut to a commercial at the beginning of the show. They might have been the first ones down the steps during the intro - and Peta introduced too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmabelle View Post
probably won't have to deal with him anymore because I fear the shirtless wonder may have danced his last dance. It's unfortunate because I think he is a better dancer than Emmitt.
I agree. Gilles is a better dancer than Emmit. Gilles is bringing on too much sexy without the real vibe. And Emmit can't seem to really embody sexy at all.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #1210
cats mom
Mouseketeer

Has a wild and vivid imagination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseheidi View Post
I find myself rather annoyed at how short the dances are tonight. It is as if they are just getting into the dance only to end it. I would much rather have only one dance but have it twice as long.
Yep, I noticed the solo dances were really short too!

I really enjoyed most of the trios though. The exceptions for me were Kirsties weird wings routine, even though it was nice to see Tristan back, and a perfect score for Emmitt the human prop... are you kidding me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post

I wonder if they did a closer shot of their heads when it aired out west??
Nope, we got a full on view too.

I'm more than ready for Emmitt, Gilles, Kelly, and Kirstie to go, and I don't particularly care in which order.

So I guess that would mean an Apolo, Melissa, Shawn finale. Although since I'd really like to see Melissa & Tony win, maybe that's not such a good idea. Derek is just too darn good at freestyle choreography, and I don't want Shawn to win again. Hmmm
cats mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #1211
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats mom View Post

I'm more than ready for Emmitt, Gilles, Kelly, and Kirstie to go, and I don't particularly care in which order.

So I guess that would mean an Apolo, Melissa, Shawn finale. Although since I'd really like to see Melissa & Tony win, maybe that's not such a good idea. Derek is just too darn good at freestyle choreography, and I don't want Shawn to win again. Hmmm
Yes, that's my preferred final 3 too. Right now I'm in for Melissa for the win . I almost wish that Apolo would go tonight so I wouldn't feel conflicted about giving votes to Melissa.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #1212
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

It's official. All my votes from here on out are for Melissa and Tony.

Glad to see that I was not the only one perplexed by that 30 for Emmitt's trio last night. The dance before, Len talked about how Gilles was impressive in his trio because he let himself be exposed and didn't hide behind the choreography. Then Emmitt comes out and stands behind the Samba twins in their giant skirts twirling them in a circle for the whole dance and he gets a higher score? He did exactly what Len was praising Gilles for NOT doing and he somehow gets a 30? Bizarre.

Kirstie and Emmitt SHOULD go home tonight. I think Kirstie will go home but I think Emmitt will stick around another week. My money is on Gilles or Apolo as the second elimination.
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #1213
Nohal
DIS Veteran

I also thought that Petas outfit was a little to skimpy. She is starting to remind me of Edeta with the really skimpy clothes. I think that Kirsti's time on the show is over and am wondering who will also go. I'm not feeling Emmitt this season and Giles is just getting a little to cocky for me. I think that maybe Kelly will be the other one to go.
Nohal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #1214
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohal View Post
I also thought that Petas outfit was a little to skimpy. She is starting to remind me of Edeta with the really skimpy clothes. I think that Kirsti's time on the show is over and am wondering who will also go. I'm not feeling Emmitt this season and Giles is just getting a little to cocky for me. I think that maybe Kelly will be the other one to go.
One false move from Peta and we all would've gotten a full on show of her hoohah. I've never seen a costume so low down there! That was a bit too risque for the show I thought.

My feelings exactly on Emmitt and Gilles. I agree that Kirstie should go and Emmitt but his fan base seems huge so it will probably be Kelly. I don't think Apolo will go tonight, he shouldn't since he's improved greatly! I'd love to see him in the finals with Melissa and Shawn.
Elinor Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #1215
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

I missed the beginning. Who is safe?
okeydokey is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: