Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #91
izzy
"It's not the heat -- it's the stupidity"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
The Link to vote for the last contestant is below.

The official announcement of who will be coming back is:

Apolo Ohno - yeah!
Bristol Palin - ugh!
Drew Lachey - yeah!!
Emmitt Smith - yeah!
Gilles Marini - double yeah!!
Helio Castroneves - yeah!
Joey Fatone - yeah!
Kelly Monaco - ugh
Kirstie Alley - yeah!
Melissa Rycroft - meh
Pamela Anderson - ugh!
Shawn Johnson - double ugh

We get a chance to vote for one last contestant.

Choices are:
Carson Kressley
Kyle Massey
Sabrina Bryan

Here's the link to vote:
http://vote-e.abc.go.com/shows/danci...2-4b580f6a1c06

"In order to vote, you must sign in to your abc.com account. New to ABC.com? Join now.
Viewers' Choice - Pick the Final All-Star for Season 15!
Pick who YOU think should have the final spot to compete in the ballroom for the upcoming All-Star season! You'll get 5 votes each day - and voting ends on 8/24/12 at noon PT.

I'll edit & update this post when the partners are announced.
Good Morning America on 8/11 will make the pros announcement and on 8/27 will reveal the final All-Star YOU voted for!

If one of you finds out first, just post & I'll put it in the OP later for reference for us all.
I just realized that I pretty much only like the guys. The only woman I'll root for is Kirstie Alley. I wish Kelly Osbourne was coming back. My opinion of her really changed during DWTS. She really went through a transformation on that show.

izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #92
3Paige14
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
I just realized that I pretty much only like the guys. The only woman I'll root for is Kirstie Alley. I wish Kelly Osbourne was coming back. My opinion of her really changed during DWTS. She really went through a transformation on that show.
Me too. Any of the guys winning, especially Helio or Gilles, would make me happy.

I loved Kelly O. too. Would've loved to see her back or Marisa Jaret Winoker (LOVED her).
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #93
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

I also hoped that Kelly Osborne would return. She was someone I had a rather negative opinion of before the show but I really liked her on her season and felt that she was a great example of what the show is about. Her transformation as a dancer from week 1 to the end was remarkable. I thought Louis was great with her.
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #94
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBoopaloo View Post
I also hoped that Kelly Osborne would return. She was someone I had a rather negative opinion of before the show but I really liked her on her season and felt that she was a great example of what the show is about. Her transformation as a dancer from week 1 to the end was remarkable. I thought Louis was great with her.
I think her transformation & growth were great,too. But, some things can't be re-done. And maybe for her, doing DWTS again would have been a step backwards, as it couldn't possibly be what it was the first time around.

Everyone, remember to vote again today of the dancer you want as the final contestant.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #95
jen0610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post

Kelly is the one woman that I would have really liked to see dome back. She grew leaps and bounds.

Someone asked why the dislike for Bristol. Unlike Bristol, Kelly started as a novice and grew every week. She earned her spot to make it to the final based solely on her dancing, while Bristol got a tons of votes, based solely on her mom's supporters. That is NOT an opition, it was highly stated during that season that 1000's of people were voting to keep her on the show just because of her mom. Had nothing to do with her dancing.

I have little to no respect for someone that rides on someone else's coattails. I would have more respect for her, IF she had said, when it was very clearly visible she was being kept over dancers leaps and bounds better than her, that as much as "fans" wanted her there she was going to bow out and let the better dancers battle it out.
jen0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #96
Sorsha
People, don't be like the chickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen0610 View Post
Did you mean Kate???

If she and Bristol had both been on...... I don't think I have a stong enough stomach for that much horrid dancing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Dolly View Post
Bristol Palin? For ****'s Sake.

Completely agree with both of these posts.

HATE - HATE - HATE that child and her dancing!!!!!

Everyone else on the list, I am OK with, and several of them I am really looking forward to seeing again!

Seems like it is starting really late though... September 24th.

"My kids' through the years at Disney parks" video!
Sorsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #97
Sorsha
People, don't be like the chickens

Quote:
The Link to vote for the last contestant is below.

The official announcement of who will be coming back is:

Apolo Ohno - YAY!
Bristol Palin - HUGE GIGANTIC YUCK!!
Drew Lachey - GIGANTIC YAY!
Emmitt Smith - OK
Gilles Marini - YAY!
Helio Castroneves - YAY!
Joey Fatone - OK
Kelly Monaco - Don't much care...
Kirstie Alley - YUCK
Melissa Rycroft - Don't think I even remember who this is...
Pamela Anderson - YUCK
Shawn Johnson - YAY!!!

We get a chance to vote for one last contestant.

Choices are:
Carson Kressley - Love him for comic relief, but he kinda sucks at dancing
Kyle Massey - He's OK
Sabrina Bryan - I want her to come back, she left too early the first time

Here's the link to vote:

"In order to vote, you must sign in to your abc.com account. New to ABC.com? Join now.
Viewers' Choice - Pick the Final All-Star for Season 15!
Pick who YOU think should have the final spot to compete in the ballroom for the upcoming All-Star season! You'll get 5 votes each day - and voting ends on 8/24/12 at noon PT.

I'll edit & update this post when the partners are announced.
Good Morning America on 8/11 will make the pros announcement and on 8/27 will reveal the final All-Star YOU voted for!

If one of you finds out first, just post & I'll put it in the OP later for reference for us all.
My immediate thoughts are in red.

"My kids' through the years at Disney parks" video!
Sorsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #98
robinb
DIS Veteran

While I am happy to see my #1 favorite Apolo Ohno come back, I am disappointed that they asked so many winners to come back. I would *much* prefer a "second chance" All Stars of 2nd and 3rd place finishers.

Quote:
Kelly is the one woman that I would have really liked to see dome back. She grew leaps and bounds.
I wish Kelly came back too. My opinion of her really changed during the season. My opinion of Pamela Anderson changed too during her season. She wasn't all about her breasts, she was about the dancing. However, the stylists put her in skanky outfits and the judges kept on making all kinds of innuendos ... all of which was starting to really honk me off. IIRC, she was a big fan and had wanted to dance for a long time. I hope that the judges will treat her with more respect.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for the dance-off to return this season. I think it will even out the popularity contest of the middle few weeks so people don't go home too early.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #99
happygirl
DIS Veteran

I saw an interview with Tony that said he hopes to be paired with Melissa
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #100
jen0610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
I saw an interview with Tony that said he hopes to be paired with Melissa
Guess he's getting his wish.

http://tv.msn.com/reality-tv/dancing...artners/story/

The returning contestants and their partners are:
*Kelly Monaco and Valentin Chmerkovskiy
*Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke
*Joey Fatone and Kym Johnson
*Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
*Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas
*Pamela Anderson and Tristan McManus
*Apolo Anton Ohno and Karina Smirnoff
*Gilles Marini and Peta Murgatroyd
*Drew Lachey and Anna Trebunskaya
*Helio Castroneves and Chelsie Hightower
*Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani
*Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough

Poor Drew. Stuck with Anna. Emmitt and Cheryl - shouldn't have been done. That pairing won already.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #101
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Quote:
Guess he's getting his wish.

http://tv.msn.com/reality-tv/dancing...artners/story/

The returning contestants and their partners are:
*Kelly Monaco and Valentin Chmerkovskiy
*Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke
*Joey Fatone and Kym Johnson
*Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
*Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas
*Pamela Anderson and Tristan McManus
*Apolo Anton Ohno and Karina Smirnoff
*Gilles Marini and Peta Murgatroyd
*Drew Lachey and Anna Trebunskaya
*Helio Castroneves and Chelsie Hightower
*Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani
*Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough

Poor Drew. Stuck with Anna. Emmitt and Cheryl - shouldn't have been done. That pairing won already.
I thought the exact same thing about Drew. I thought, okay, he's not going to win.

And I agree, Cheryl shouldn't have been paired with Emmet. I would have preferred her to be with Gilles, since they are allowing some pairs to repeat. Although, Peta is taller and maybe a better physical match for Gilles.

(I'll be adding this pairs list to the OP so people can reference it there later, than trying to figure out which page Jen posted it on. )

And everyone, continue to keep voting for which star you want to come back. You get 5 votes per day.

Here's the link to vote:

The link to vote is also in the OP.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
Thanks!

Last edited by Imzadi; 08-13-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #102
jen0610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I thought the exact same thing about Drew. I thought, okay, he's not going to win.

And I agree, Cheryl shouldn't have been paired with Emmet. I would have preferred her to be with Gilles, since they are allowing some pairs to repeat. Although, Peta is taller and maybe a better physical match for Gilles.

(I'll be adding this pairs list to the OP so people can reference it there later, than trying to figure out which page Jen posted it on. )

And everyone, continue to keep voting for which star you want to come back. The link to vote is in the OP.
If Cheryl got Emmit, then they should have let Shawn have her winning partner Mark.

If Kyle doesn't win the fan vote, we did our part. We have voted every day, from all 6 of our e-mail accounts. DH was giving me greif about logging on to vote. But when I told him that they only way he was going to see Lacey this season was if Kyle was on, he told me to vote away. DH likes Lacey.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #103
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
If Cheryl got Emmit, then they should have let Shawn have her winning partner Mark.

If Kyle doesn't win the fan vote, we did our part. We have voted every day, from all 6 of our e-mail accounts. DH was giving me greif about logging on to vote. But when I told him that they only way he was going to see Lacey this season was if Kyle was on, he told me to vote away. DH likes Lacey.
My mom and I were trying to figure out who the pro would be depending on who won the fan vote. Personally, I am pulling for Carson, but would be alright with Lacey. Really not wanting to see Sabrina come back, though. We figured Lacey would definitely be back if it was Kyle and maybe Carson. Maybe Dmitry or Louis if Sabrina comes back?

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #104
3Paige14
Mouseketeer

I don't think it's fair that Kirstie, Emmitt, Bristol, Joey, or Melissa got their previous partners. I think that's more unfair than bringing back past winners IMO.

That said, I can't wait to see Helio dance with Chelsie. Really loved watching her dance with Ty Murray and hope it's a good fit.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:41 PM   #105
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Paige14 View Post
I don't think it's fair that Kirstie, Emmitt, Bristol, Joey, or Melissa got their previous partners. I think that's more unfair than bringing back past winners IMO.
I have a feeling that Kirstie said she would only do the show if she can be partnered with Maks again. She is the biggest star on the show. Since they were willing to grant her that request, they had to follow suit with some of the other stars & their requests, too.

And by biggest star, I'm talking in TV land, since this is aired on TV. Kirstie has a couple Emmys. That kind of trumps the awards & such that the other stars have gotten in their respective fields.
Thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: