Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #541
DisneyDreamingGirl
Have A Magical Day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi

I can totally see one of Bristol's moms supporters sending her a faked envelope in support to garner Bristol sympathy at a very calculated time. And while Sarah may not have been complicit, she certainly DID use it to her benefit by posting it on her Facebook. I'm sure her fans will show up in droves next week voting for Bristol in record numbers. "Don't let these people scare you Bristol, we're here for you!" It would be interesting to actually see the actual vote count next week.:
You are just sick! You really think one of her supporters would send her that? The poor girl received a DEATH THREAT! Come on! You wouldn't be saying this if Kirstie, Apollo, or Drew received this, would you? And honestly, I have a feeling that many other stars moms tell people to vote for the kids, but we don't know that because they aren't famous... There really isn't a difference... It is a mother helping her child. Imagine if people started sending death threats to you.... But you know, it's probably just a friend trying to get you some publicity! Come on!
DisneyDreamingGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #542
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinor Dashwood View Post
I actually agree with you in part. I would agree wholely if it weren't for Bristol trying to launch her reality tv show. Or going on DWTS for that matter. Both of those venues thrust her back into the spotlight and highlight again that her sole claim to fame is getting pregnant as a teenager. But I agree that initially, she was thrust into fame because of her mom's VP campaign.

I do however agree with you regarding Chelsea Clinton. That was awful the way the press mocked that poor child! And she was just that, a child.
This. 100% this. Any scrutiny or nasty mocking she received during the VP race was totally uncalled for and unasked for. She did not make the choice to be in the spotlight, her mother did. However, anytime someone signs up for something on their own (DWTS the first time, her own reality show, now DWTS again), they immediately lose any of the "poor thing stuck in the spotlight" sympathy they may have previously earned. If she wanted to, she could have retreated back into private life following the election in 2008. Instead, she and her mother have done anything and everything they can to STAY in the spotlight.

Now my sympathy is transferred to her poor little son who also did not ask to be in the spotlight but was subjected to being followed around by camera's for his mother's reality tv show which was even named after him. The poor kid has already been subjected to a ton of scrutiny for using foul language on the show and he is only a toddler for crying out loud. No kid should have to saddled with being infamous for something like that before he is even 5 years old.

Having said all of that, my desire for her to be off the show has nothing to do with politics or my personal feelings about what kind of person she may or may not be. Honestly, I have no idea what she is really like. But I do know that she is not a good dancer. Period. And she is certainly not better than either Drew or Helio.
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #543
Nohal
DIS Veteran

Wow can't believe that Helio went home. I had a feeling that Drew would go considering he was in the bottom two last week. Did you see the judges table after they announced that Helio was going home? The audience was standing and clapping and so were Carrie Ann and Bruno but Len was just sitting there with his head down like he couldn't believe it. Carrie Ann grabbed his arm and pulled him to his feet. I really wished they would have brought back Kyle he was entertaining and a good dancer. It was nice to see him and Lacey dancing last night. There were so many others that could have been brought back as All Stars besides Pam and Bristol. Kirstie isn't the best of dancers but at least she is entertaining. I have a feeling that Bristol will be safe again next week and Sabrina will go home because the ones in the bottom 2 one week end up going home the next.
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #544
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

I've been really wondering about how this "dances we rarely do" thing is going to play out next week. My guess is that it will result in basically a bunch of freestyle dances.

I think it is a little unfair that some of the styles seem to be a little more stringent with actual steps that make the dance the dance - bolero, mambo, charleston, jitterbug, etc but then we get "disco" and "rock and roll" and "hip-hop" which could pretty much be anything within limits.
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn
Old 10-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #545
hidmickey:myantidrug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBoopaloo
I've been really wondering about how this "dances we rarely do" thing is going to play out next week. My guess is that it will result in basically a bunch of freestyle dances.

I think it is a little unfair that some of the styles seem to be a little more stringent with actual steps that make the dance the dance - bolero, mambo, charleston, jitterbug, etc but then we get "disco" and "rock and roll" and "hip-hop" which could pretty much be anything within limits.
I would be shocked if it were anything other than a week of freestyles. Remember several seasons ago when they brought in four new dances (lindy? I think the jive came permanently out of that?) and the dancers were specifically told that they could do lifts and all this other stuff that is normally against the rules? I cant imagine this'll be any different, especially since some of the pros seemed a little freaked out that dances they didn't know/didn't know how to teach came up.
hidmickey:myantidrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #546
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
Saying that her mom or that camp is the one who sent the threatening letter is also really dumb. You think that they will commit a federal offense to win Dancing With the Stars? Really?
It's as dumb and crazy as someone sending her a death threat, committing a federal offense to get her OFF a TV show and thinking that is a good thing to do.

It's as dumb and crazy as the guy who went on a shooting spree at the Colorado/Batman movie and police all around the country having to beef up security at movie theatres because of the potential of copycat shootings by crazy people who think it would be cool, good thing to do to get publicity, attention, notoriety for: harming/killing people.

It's as dumb and crazy as John Hinkley Jr. thinking it's a good thing to shoot Pres. Reagan in order to get the attention of an impress the entertainer/movie star, Jodie Foster.

Crazy is crazy. People do crazy things that, in their own whacked out minds think is a good thing to do. It doesn't stop at a party line.

My point is that Sarah USED the info, (however it happened,) publishing it on Facebook, to garner publicity, sympathy & attention. We aren't talking about Carol Brady, going all mama bear at a PTA meeting, coming to the defense of her daughter Jan. Nor, are we talking about Kirstie, Apollo, or Drew, as someone else mentioned. Due to forum rules, we can't discuss deeper political issues that both Palins represent. In which, yes, crazy people on both sides, are going to show up to use them for.

What can be noted is that before signing on as a VP nominee, Sarah, like all the other candidates were briefed on the potential dangers. She even had death threats against her on the campaign, so she is well aware of the established Secret Service/FBI protocols & procedures to minimize such events and dis-empower the perpetrators, instead of giving them or copycatters fame, attention, notoriety, such as talking about it a or posting it on Facebook, and to try to ensure future safety. A copycatter would love to get their own post on Facebook, too.

So if Sarah was trying to protect her daughter, ignoring established Secret Service/FBI protocols & procedures, which could put her daughter in further harm's way with copycatters or giving attention to the original person, is NOT the way to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBoopaloo View Post
Quote:
I actually agree with you in part. I would agree wholely if it weren't for Bristol trying to launch her reality tv show. Or going on DWTS for that matter. Both of those venues thrust her back into the spotlight and highlight again that her sole claim to fame is getting pregnant as a teenager. But I agree that initially, she was thrust into fame because of her mom's VP campaign.
This. 100% this. Any scrutiny or nasty mocking she received during the VP race was totally uncalled for and unasked for. She did not make the choice to be in the spotlight, her mother did. However, anytime someone signs up for something on their own (DWTS the first time, her own reality show, now DWTS again), they immediately lose any of the "poor thing stuck in the spotlight" sympathy they may have previously earned. If she wanted to, she could have retreated back into private life following the election in 2008. Instead, she and her mother have done anything and everything they can to STAY in the spotlight.

Now my sympathy is transferred to her poor little son who also did not ask to be in the spotlight but was subjected to being followed around by camera's for his mother's reality tv show which was even named after him. The poor kid has already been subjected to a ton of scrutiny for using foul language on the show and he is only a toddler for crying out loud. No kid should have to saddled with being infamous for something like that before he is even 5 years old.

Having said all of that, my desire for her to be off the show has nothing to do with politics or my personal feelings about what kind of person she may or may not be. Honestly, I have no idea what she is really like. But I do know that she is not a good dancer. Period. And she is certainly not better than either Drew or Helio.
All of the above!

Quote:
I agree. That is uncalled for and over the top crazy! She doesn't deserve threatening hate mail, that's insane.
To be clear: _I_ did not ever say Bristol deserved any death threats. If anything, I said maybe one of her mom's fans sent her harmless powder thinking he was helping by getting her attention & sympathy. As crazy as I sound talking about what a crazy person might do. (Erin Andrews also got death threats on the show. So this show or the "stars" do attract crazy.)

I'm not unsympathetic to Bristol. I was the one who said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
Mark did NOT deny a single thing she accused him of.

In her defense, I would have been upset at that too. Come on man. At least pretend to be supportive and say she can dance adequately. But, he pretty much said how Sabrina & Shaun are incredible dancers. . . and then other times, he hasn't gotten women (Bristol) on that level. Way to make her feel better.
However, I do think she should be off the show as her dancing is not in the same league as the rest.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #547
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBoopaloo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidmickey:myantidrug View Post
I would be shocked if it were anything other than a week of freestyles. Remember several seasons ago when they brought in four new dances (lindy? I think the jive came permanently out of that?) and the dancers were specifically told that they could do lifts and all this other stuff that is normally against the rules? I cant imagine this'll be any different, especially since some of the pros seemed a little freaked out that dances they didn't know/didn't know how to teach came up.
Getting back on topic of dancing, I think they are introducing new dance styles as a way to NOT have all the couples just regurgitate a previous dance they've already done. I do think that it will bring in more freestyle stuff.

Last night, someone asked what Broadway dancing is. I've seen studios advertize Broadway dance classes. I *think* it is more of the style of dancing as seen in A Chorus Line, Jerome Robbins' type choreography as in West Side Story, or Bob Fosse's "jazz hands" type of dancing.

Bolero dancing, I am guessing is slow, sultry, Latin dancing. Since a couple of us agreed that Emmit was technically good at the paso doble, but lacked that steamy, sexy quality, it may be good for him to have gotten another shot at doing that kind of dance. And with Cheryl as teacher, he has a great chance of pulling it off. OR, it could be his failing, as he shows, he just can't pull off steamy & sexy.

Charleston may be good for Kirstie after all. She seemed to already know how to dance it. But, Maks looked less than enthused. Being Russian born, I wonder if he has to research how to do a Charleston?

Jitterbug is kind of like the Jive but in a poodle skirt and saddle shoes, isn't it?
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #548
hidmickey:myantidrug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi

Jitterbug is kind of like the Jive but in a poodle skirt and saddle shoes, isn't it?
They're pretty darn similar, I think. And pretty perfect for Melissa. She and Apolo sure were good to one another.
hidmickey:myantidrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #549
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Watching Bristol dance is both painful and boring. Every one of the eliminated couples can dance circles around her and yet she remains. Such a waste.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #550
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
Charleston may be good for Kirstie after all. She seemed to already know how to dance it. But, Maks looked less than enthused. Being Russian born, I wonder if he has to research how to do a Charleston?
I think the Charleston may lend itself to a fun routine and costumes. Kirstie can pull it off. Bristol would have never been able to get the timing and footwork which was why I wanted her to get it. She'll be able to muddle through Rock and Roll.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #551
marybet
I'm from Ohio, I just live in Alabama.
Had a crush on Dr. Kildare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohal View Post
Wow can't believe that Helio went home. I had a feeling that Drew would go considering he was in the bottom two last week. Did you see the judges table after they announced that Helio was going home? The audience was standing and clapping and so were Carrie Ann and Bruno but Len was just sitting there with his head down like he couldn't believe it. Carrie Ann grabbed his arm and pulled him to his feet. I really wished they would have brought back Kyle he was entertaining and a good dancer. It was nice to see him and Lacey dancing last night. There were so many others that could have been brought back as All Stars besides Pam and Bristol. Kirstie isn't the best of dancers but at least she is entertaining. I have a feeling that Bristol will be safe again next week and Sabrina will go home because the ones in the bottom 2 one week end up going home the next.
Sabrina was not in the bottom two, the bottom two went home. They never even said she was in jeopardy. My guess would be that Kirstie was third from the bottom but since they never really say it is hard to know.

The Jive is like a Jitterbug but I think they are allowed to do lifts in the Jive. They did not say that anyone could do lifts but some of the dances allow lifts. I wish they would allow small lifts. In Ice Dancing they were not allowed to do lifts above the waist, don't know if that is still the rule, but it would work for DWTS.
marybet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:32 AM   #552
Dee77
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to point out that the news about the "suspicious package" hit news and tabloid sources on 10/4. Monday was 10/8 so I am not quite sure if the argument that Sarah is not taking her daughter's safety as serious as trying to gain sympathy votes is really valid since the story was days old at that point.

Nov 2008 SSR Studio, Dec 2009 OKW 2 Bedroom, Nov/Dec 2010 SSR 2 Bedroom, May 2011 BCV 1 Bedroom, Nov 2011 OKW 2 Bedroom,
Aug 2012 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2013 OKW 1 Bedroom, Jan/Feb 2014 SSR 1 Bedroom, Aug 2014 OKW 2 Bedroom
Dee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #553
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I think the Charleston may lend itself to a fun routine and costumes. Kirstie can pull it off. Bristol would have never been able to get the timing and footwork which was why I wanted her to get it. She'll be able to muddle through Rock and Roll.
I think she'll muddle through it as well. Without even seeing a dance yet, I would be nervous about elimination next week if I were Kirstie, Melissa, Sabrina or Kelly.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #554
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee77 View Post
I just wanted to point out that the news about the "suspicious package" hit news and tabloid sources on 10/4. Monday was 10/8 so I am not quite sure if the argument that Sarah is not taking her daughter's safety as serious as trying to gain sympathy votes is really valid since the story was days old at that point.
Well ... that is exactly the point. The information was leaked earlier, but Sarah made sure her followers KNEW that Bristol was threatened on the day when they needed to vote. She wanted it to be fresh in their mind as they watched her struggle and fight with Mark ... poor thing!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #555
Dee77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Well ... that is exactly the point. The information was leaked earlier, but Sarah made sure her followers KNEW that Bristol was threatened on the day when they needed to vote. She wanted it to be fresh in their mind as they watched her struggle and fight with Mark ... poor thing!
I guess I am just not inclined to jump on the conspiracy theory bandwagon that the Palin's only have the goal of winning DWTS as their top priority and with that comes an anything goes attitude and that the producers are forcing certain outcomes to ensure ratings and that Bristol and Mark had a fight to gain sympathy yada yada yada.

Nov 2008 SSR Studio, Dec 2009 OKW 2 Bedroom, Nov/Dec 2010 SSR 2 Bedroom, May 2011 BCV 1 Bedroom, Nov 2011 OKW 2 Bedroom,
Aug 2012 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2013 OKW 1 Bedroom, Jan/Feb 2014 SSR 1 Bedroom, Aug 2014 OKW 2 Bedroom
Dee77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: