Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 08:40 AM   #301
lorimay
DIS Veteran

I liked Drew's dance, thought he did well.

Anna's outfit, REALLY??
Did it have to be cut so low. Can't we just watch you dance and not see 90% of your skin????

Bristol's dance looked bad because of those boots. It was too much. I don't really know what she could of worn instead. Maybe they should have re-worked the entire outfit.

Not sure who will go home tonight, just hope it's not my Drew.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #302
robinb
DIS Veteran

SO, who do you think is going home? I think it might be Kelly or Kirstie.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #303
lorimay
DIS Veteran

I'm really not sure. Maybe Kirstie. But if anyone I hope it's Bristol, she is expendable.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #304
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
SO, who do you think is going home? I think it might be Kelly or Kirstie.
It should be Bristol. She is the worst dancer on the show and earned the lowest scores.
okeydokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #305
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by okeydokey View Post
It should be Bristol. She is the worst dancer on the show and earned the lowest scores.
It won't be Bristol. She won't go until there are fewer good dancers to vote for or if they bring back last season's dance off.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #306
Dancind
Tinkerbell's Mom
just full of pass questions
Onward and Downward!

I have to defend the boots! They are special dance boots, very flexible, and if the dancer has good feet the boots look good. Cheryl wore the same ones back when she did that freestyle dance with Drew, remember? Yeah, I used to wear those boots to dance in.

Bristols' clunkiness was not the fault of the boots.

Wow, it's a tight race this year! Glad to see Apolo step it up. Gilles is great, but he needs to relax! I almost liked Val last night, looks like Kelly is going to be good for him.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #307
jen0610
DIS Veteran

Uuuggghhhhhhhh!!! DD's dance schedule and DH's work schedule is going to play heck with my watching this season.

Last week was ok, as DH was working until 9:30 and didn't get home until almost 10. He just waited to start watching the football game.

But picking up DD from dance at 9 is going to be a killer, when he doesn't work late. Round trip is an hour minimum, if they get out on time. If DH is home, I can't just leave the tv on ABC, go get her, get back and rewind the show to where I left and fast forward thru the junk that I could careless about, as DH will be watching football on the only tv that I could do this with. And I can't dvr it, for the same reason. DH is watching football.

And suggesting that DH go picks up her up, won't fly. According to DH, that is our (DD and mine) thing and I need to make it work. Ya, he can be a jackwagon on the whole dance subject.
jen0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #308
AustinTink
Gonna dye till the day I die

Just watching the show on DVR now. They really ripped into my Joey with their critiques. What the heck?? Yeah, he made a couple of mistakes, but he is NO Bristol. They treat her like gold and take him down. Not right.
AustinTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #309
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTink View Post
Just watching the show on DVR now. They really ripped into my Joey with their critiques. What the heck?? Yeah, he made a couple of mistakes, but he is NO Bristol. They treat her like gold and take him down. Not right.
I wonder why t hey are so hard on him
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #310
AustinTink
Gonna dye till the day I die

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
I wonder why t hey are so hard on him

I don't know, but it's blatant. Joey is the best all around showman of the group. He deserves something for that alone.

On another note, I just watched Giles. Holy Moly! He was on fire. And, not a single 9. Tsk, Tsk.
AustinTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:23 PM   #311
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

Overall I was not too excited about last night's show.

I actually liked Kirstie's dance and I think she will make it through one more week but might go next week. Although I think they have the cha cha next week which was her best dance last time around so maybe she can make to week 4.

Bristol should be the one to go home, but I have my doubts that she will. Surely Mark knew the rules about the Quickstep and the holds, right? Why would he choreograph it that way? I think he realizes they have no chance to win so he might as well do whatever he feels like.

I think Drew is likely still in trouble this week. I think the bottom could be Kirstie, Drew and Bristol with Kirstie's fan support edging her out over Drew. Melissa had a fantastic dance but she went first which I think is always trouble, plus I just don't think she has a huge fan base. I have seen a ton of tweets from people today to Kirstie and Maks about how they voted hundreds of times for them last night. How is that even possible?

PS If Maks showed up on the street near me in that outfit, I would not worry about whether he was able to provide payment. Just saying.
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:23 PM   #312
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen0610 View Post
Uuuggghhhhhhhh!!! DD's dance schedule and DH's work schedule is going to play heck with my watching this season.

Last week was ok, as DH was working until 9:30 and didn't get home until almost 10. He just waited to start watching the football game.

But picking up DD from dance at 9 is going to be a killer, when he doesn't work late. Round trip is an hour minimum, if they get out on time. If DH is home, I can't just leave the tv on ABC, go get her, get back and rewind the show to where I left and fast forward thru the junk that I could careless about, as DH will be watching football on the only tv that I could do this with. And I can't dvr it, for the same reason. DH is watching football.

And suggesting that DH go picks up her up, won't fly. According to DH, that is our (DD and mine) thing and I need to make it work. Ya, he can be a jackwagon on the whole dance subject.
Do you have an antenna for your TV? Even a set of rabbit ears? He might be able to get Monday Night Football on your other TV over the air.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #313
hidmickey:myantidrug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeysMommy
I'm probably gonna get flamed for this but I can't stand Shawn. There is something about that girl that irritates me.
I am right there with you! I cannot put my finger on it, but she drives me up the wall.
hidmickey:myantidrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #314
hidmickey:myantidrug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBoopaloo

Bristol should be the one to go home, but I have my doubts that she will. Surely Mark knew the rules about the Quickstep and the holds, right? Why would he choreograph it that way? I think he realizes they have no chance to win so he might as well do whatever he feels like.
We decided at our house that he planned it that way because Bristol couldn't keep up with the constant fast pace of the quickstep when in hold. It looked like she was really struggling to keep up with him/the dance during rehearsal. Although yesterday wasn't the first time mark broke rules with choreography, if I'm remembering his dwts history correctly.
hidmickey:myantidrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #315
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
It won't be Bristol. She won't go until there are fewer good dancers to vote for or if they bring back last season's dance off.
I agree. I have two phones, so my normal "strategy" is to give some votes to my favorite dancer, and if they are doing really well, give some votes to a second dancer I want to stick around a bit longer.

Like, last season, I gave a lot of votes to Gladys Knight, so she could make a respectable showing over others who I didn't mind going first - or want to go first. She lasted for about 6 weeks, then it was definitely her time to go. So, I think that strategy worked.

This season, there are too many favorites. And I think all the fan votes are too spread out. At any time a real favorite or good dancer can go home. Because of all the spread out votes, Bristol has a chance to stay around for a while, till the choices get narrowed down.

Anyway, I voted for Gilles last night and threw some votes to Kristie to try to keep her over Bristol.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: