Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #1516
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats mom View Post
I hope you're right!

But unless there's a real game changer in judges scores for the instant dance tonight my guess is it ends up:

1 Shawn
2 Melissa
3 Kelly

I'd love to be wrong, but that's my prediction.

My teenage DD watched with me last night. She loved Shawn & Derek, was
ticked that the judges called them out, and would have been all over voting for them.
Too bad for her I had already used her phone to vote for Melissa & Tony.

Both Len and Bruno giving Kelly & Val 10's on their first dance was ridiculous. No matter who ends up 1st and 2nd, Kelly had better end up 3rd!
I think you are probably right on the rankings. I think that Kelly and Val will score lowest on the instant dance. She strikes me as someone who likes to feel very prepared for everything and I think her nerves will take over in the instant dance.

Maks and Kirstie have been heavily campaigning their fans to vote for Val so I do wonder about an upset with Kelly and Val coming in second to Shawn and Derek with Melissa and Tony in 3rd. Based on how long Maks and Kirstie lasted with pretty bad scores, it is safe to say that they have a big fan base.
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #1517
shortbun
Peacenik

If Val and Kelly win, I'll have to turn in my fan card. Relieved I will not be watching them and their lust anymore. My mother specialized in Flamenco and their Flamenco the other night was NOT done correctly. Kelly's arms never got there and even Val's arms only hit the correct position once. I also hated their naked frolic in the water. Val is an exhibitionist. Until last night, I've been splitting my vote between Melissa and Shawn. Last night Shawn got all but one of my votes. I thought Melissa and Tony's freestyle was pretty but boring-no pizzazz. Shawn and Derek were ALL pizzazz!

USE IT UP, WEAR IT OUT, MAKE IT DO OR DO WITHOUT.

IF YOUR UPKEEP EXCEEDS YOUR INCOME THEN YOUR OUTGO WILL BE YOUR DOWNFALL.
shortbun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #1518
marybet
I'm from Ohio, I just live in Alabama.
Had a crush on Dr. Kildare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBoopaloo View Post
I think you are probably right on the rankings. I think that Kelly and Val will score lowest on the instant dance. She strikes me as someone who likes to feel very prepared for everything and I think her nerves will take over in the instant dance.

Maks and Kirstie have been heavily campaigning their fans to vote for Val so I do wonder about an upset with Kelly and Val coming in second to Shawn and Derek with Melissa and Tony in 3rd. Based on how long Maks and Kirstie lasted with pretty bad scores, it is safe to say that they have a big fan base.
I think the judges know who is winning and they do nothing to change those results. The dance they do on the final results show will in no way change who is winning, usually the judges give all the contestents the same score. If the judges could change the results then Sabrina would not have gone home.

If I remember correctly, Shawn beat Gilles and Gilles was really the better dancer that season. Shawn has her trophy, Kelly has her trophy and I think she wanted to prove that she really could dance and she did that but Melissa should win. Derek is very good but Tony should win just because he had to put up with Kate Gosslin!
marybet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #1519
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbun View Post
If Val and Kelly win, I'll have to turn in my fan card. Relieved I will not be watching them and their lust anymore. My mother specialized in Flamenco and their Flamenco the other night was NOT done correctly. Kelly's arms never got there and even Val's arms only hit the correct position once. I also hated their naked frolic in the water. Val is an exhibitionist. Until last night, I've been splitting my vote between Melissa and Shawn. Last night Shawn got all but one of my votes. I thought Melissa and Tony's freestyle was pretty but boring-no pizzazz. Shawn and Derek were ALL pizzazz!
but, but, but Shawn and Derek didn't do their quickstep correctly either.

And how about their tribal samba? There was so little samba in that dance yet they got two 10s!!!

That's what annoys me about this show. The judges just pick and choose when they are going to apply the rules.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #1520
honeydiane1953
DIS Veteran

Melissa will win it all!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #1521
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Hoping for Tony and Melissa. They deserve it.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #1522
Nohal
DIS Veteran

I liked Shawn and Dereks dancing until last night. As I was watching their second routine all I could think of was a floor exercise in gymnastics. There was very little dancing and lots of gymnastics trick. Coupled with the fact that they defied the judges and did the same dance they got called out for the last time there is no way that they will win. I didn't care for Melissa and Tonys contemporary dance (I really don't like that type of dancing), but overall I think they did the best and have improved the most. Kelly and Val just make me sick. I am rooting for Melissa and Tony.
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #1523
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

If youtube views of last nights performances are any indication of votes, I think we should all get ready to watch Shawn hoist that trophy again.

I still have my fingers crossed for a Tony/Melissa win though.
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #1524
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBoopaloo View Post
If youtube views of last nights performances are any indication of votes, I think we should all get ready to watch Shawn hoist that trophy again.

I still have my fingers crossed for a Tony/Melissa win though.
We can hope that the judges' scores have some impact!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #1525
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Ugh! The Final is on from 9 - 11pm. I'm tired already.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #1526
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBoopaloo
Ugh

Can. Not. Stand. Them.

Sent from my Incredible using DISBoards

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
MickeysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #1527
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Woohoo! Almost time for the finale!

I hope the order will be as follows:

1. Melissa & Tony
2 & 3: Don't care, as long as M&T win.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #1528
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

Is it really a two hour show? Ugh
okeydokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #1529
robinb
DIS Veteran

So, Carrie Ann mentioned Kelly's slip-up to the other judges and they still gave her a 10 .

I like Brooke's dress ... and Dance Center is on tonight!!!

I have to run off in about 15 minutes to get my DD from her Hip Hop class so I'll be a little time-shifted at the bottom of the hour.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #1530
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
So, Carrie Ann mentioned Kelly's slip-up to the other judges and they still gave her a 10 .

I like Brooke's dress ... and Dance Center is on tonight!!!

I have to run off in about 15 minutes to get my DD from her Hip Hop class so I'll be a little time-shifted at the bottom of the hour.
I would imagine that no dance is ever "perfect". There are always little mis-steps here and there.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: