Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 12:30 AM   #1501
Tuffcookie
Enjoys an early hour of peace
Women like the simple things in life...like men!:D
Is a smart cookie

I cast all my votes for Melissa & Tony!

I couldn't believe that with the mishap with the hands/arms, that Kelly & Val still got 2 10s. Crazy!

Shawn & Derek relied too much on gymnastics, which is not what this competition should be about.

TC
Old 11-27-2012, 02:19 AM   #1502
honeydiane1953
DIS Veteran

I believe Melissa will take it alll!!!!!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 05:14 AM   #1503
pampam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post
Melissa and Tony were great tonight!
Gave them all my votes.

I thought Derek and Shawn admitting and not caring that they broke the rules for their dance showed a bad attitude. I hope they don't win.
I agree. The rules are there for a reason, and they should not be feeling that they are above them. Rules apply to everyone. Also, Melissa is the only one left that hasn't won the trophy. It would be nice if she had her turn.
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:49 AM   #1504
lorimay
DIS Veteran

I tried to vote with my husbands cell phone when he came in from work last night about 10:30ish. The recording said that I could no longer vote in my time zone.....WTH?
Is this new?
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #1505
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post
I tried to vote with my husbands cell phone when he came in from work last night about 10:30ish. The recording said that I could no longer vote in my time zone.....WTH?
Is this new?
Nope. You only get a short time to vote after the show (30 minutes maybe?) based on your area code. You can still vote online until 11:00 am Eastern time.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:19 AM   #1506
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

I text voted for Melissa and Tony last night. Just finished my online voting for them! Fingers crossed!!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #1507
Arielle22
We have had spirits
I had never heard of it before the Dis
this is how we show love, get used to it

I gave most of my votes to Melissa and Tony and a couple to Kelly and Val.

I was unimpressed with Shawn and Derek's freestyle. It seemed very disjointed, just random moves thrown in. Although the double somersault was impressive.
CB 03/92
CSR and BC 08/09
BWI 11/11
OFF SITE 88,94,96,00
Arielle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #1508
emmabelle
I better watch out or my tag will say "She's some kind of a loserbag!"

I actually voted for Shawn, I think I'm just ticked that Apolo and Gilles were gone.

2003-CBR, 2004-Swan, 2006-BC, 2006-BWI, 2007-WL, 2008-BWI, 2009-BC, 2010-BWI, 2011-YC, 2011-BWV, 2012-BLT, 2013-BC, 2013-YC, 2014-GF
emmabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #1509
cats mom
Mouseketeer

Has a wild and vivid imagination

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydiane1953 View Post
I believe Melissa will take it alll!!!!!!!
I hope you're right!

But unless there's a real game changer in judges scores for the instant dance tonight my guess is it ends up:

1 Shawn
2 Melissa
3 Kelly

I'd love to be wrong, but that's my prediction.

My teenage DD watched with me last night. She loved Shawn & Derek, was
ticked that the judges called them out, and would have been all over voting for them.
Too bad for her I had already used her phone to vote for Melissa & Tony.

Both Len and Bruno giving Kelly & Val 10's on their first dance was ridiculous. No matter who ends up 1st and 2nd, Kelly had better end up 3rd!
cats mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #1510
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

The problem with Shawn and Derek breaking the rules is that it does make their routines look fancier and often more impressive than sticking to the required elements.

So they are not actually breaking the rules for their fans but they are taking advantage of the fans by breaking the rules. They are using the ignorance of the general audience to their advantage. That's what bugs me about it.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #1511
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats mom View Post
I hope you're right!

But unless there's a real game changer in judges scores for the instant dance tonight my guess is it ends up:

1 Shawn
2 Melissa
3 Kelly

I'd love to be wrong, but that's my prediction.
Hmmm ... I follow Dancing with the Stars on FB and the comments seem to be trending a slightly toward Melissa. There are also plenty of Shawn comments and only a few Kelly comments. I wish I had remembered to text last night! If Melissa loses by 5 votes, it's on me!
Old 11-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #1512
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
The problem with Shawn and Derek breaking the rules is that it does make their routines look fancier and often more impressive than sticking to the required elements.

So they are not actually breaking the rules for their fans but they are taking advantage of the fans by breaking the rules. They are using the ignorance of the general audience to their advantage. That's what bugs me about it.
Excellent point. I'm sure that's exactly what Derek and Shawn were banking on. Fan ignorance. Most won't know that the quick step means you're in hold alot of the time.
Elinor Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #1513
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Hmmm ... I follow Dancing with the Stars on FB and the comments seem to be trending a slightly toward Melissa. There are also plenty of Shawn comments and only a few Kelly comments. I wish I had remembered to text last night! If Melissa loses by 5 votes, it's on me!
No, one of my phones is dead! I couldn't get in all my votes for Tony & Melissa.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #1514
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

I am just now getting around to watching and I will type up my thoughts as I watch.

Kelly and Val Paso. Well, it was decent enough, but there was a part that I swear looks like they messed up. Not sure I would have given them a 10.

Melissa and Tony Samba. Well, I;m in the minority, but I was a bit let down. Hearing everyone post, I thought it would be great. The judges gave them three 10s, but I thought it lacked something. Can't really put my finger on it.

Shawn and Derek quickstep. Hearing that they were going to do the quickstep disappointed me. I love to watch Derek's pasos and was hoping that he would dance it with Shawn since Mark had to take his place that week. Love their quickstep, but they don't follow the rules. Normally, I don't care, but since they had already gotten called on it, I see no reason for them to do this same dance and not make some of the changes on which they were called.

First round was a let down. On to the freestyles.

Kelly and Val. Good grief, why are they dancing to this? Oh dear. It's a Cirque show. You know, if Jennifer Grey didn't do this, I really see no reason for Kelly and Val to have done this. And what is with the choir? The extra dancers were not necessary, but I did find myself wishing that they would do that little Cuban step that is done in Dirty Dancing. Overall, good, but not in the top 10 of freestyles I have seen. Much better than Marie Osmond's though

Melissa and Tony. How can anyone not love them? He is so patient and sweet and she is so bubbly and fun. They are a great team. I must admit that I was very concerned when I heard that Tony wanted to do a contemporary style dance. Only contemporary I like involves a monorail and Mickey making me breakfast. It was a beautiful dance, but really not my preferred style. I did enjoy the fact that they didn't make Melissa act like a cirque performer. Make the other dancers do that crap.

Shawn and Derek. I must admit that I was half-expecting Derek to bring in Julianne, Mark, Corky, and Shirley as his backup dancers. Seems like something he would do to help with scores. Never thought about him bringing in the Olympic athletes. I know that many don't like him, but I adore Derek. I think he is very patient with his partners and an amazing dancer and choreographer. This dance did nothing to change that opinion of him. I loved it. I thought it was the best of the night. Loved the drop to the front roll. Loved the dance.

Would like to see Shawn and Derek win, but will be quite happy with a Melissa and Tony victory. If Kelly and Val win, I will be absolutely shocked.

Oh, and can we start a campaign to get McKayla Maroney on next season? Would love to see her during the results show looking "not impressed".

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR* *2015 - CR*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #1515
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
Much better than Marie Osmond's though
Any freestyle dance would be better than Marie's scary doll dance. I think I've needed therapy since then. I'm afraid of dolls now.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: