Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #1486
AustinTink
Gonna dye till the day I die

Quote:
Originally Posted by okeydokey View Post
I wonder what Apolo's freestyle would have been like.
You had to mention Apolo...
AustinTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:18 PM   #1487
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeysMommy View Post
I thought it was lovely. I think Melissa and Tony have been wonderful the whole season. I hope they win.
I liked it too. The first couple of lifts were a bit awkward but sometimes I find Contemporary dance a bit awkward.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #1488
marybet
I'm from Ohio, I just live in Alabama.
Had a crush on Dr. Kildare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okeydokey View Post
I wonder what Apolo's freestyle would have been like.
Probably something that made Karina look good, but with more dance moves than Shawn.

Shawn's first freestyle was gymnastics, she really hasn't grown in her dancing. It was okay but certainly not my favorite of the night. They are at the bottom, those 3 points could really make a difference when there are only 3 couples to vote for. Her little girl voice is like chalk on a blackboard to me, plus was she asking us to vote for her because she didn't get to go to the Olympics?

I think it would be great if Shawn got third place but I just want Tony and Melissa to win!

Last edited by marybet; 11-26-2012 at 10:47 PM. Reason: spelling
marybet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #1489
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofydiane View Post
Shawn's freestyle made me feel like I was watching a circus performance.
I thought so, too. It was rather Cirque Du Soleil, only with tackier music. I actually preferred that screaming woman singing in Melissa & Tony's dance than that carnival/circus music.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #1490
robinb
DIS Veteran

I really liked Shawn's freestyle. I was expecting NO dancing at all by your comments but there was plenty of dancing. I also thought the Fab 5 was great! Already voted for Melissa .
Old 11-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #1491
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marybet View Post
Propably something that made Karina look good, but with more dance moves than Shawn.

Shawn's first freestyle was gymnastics, she really hasn't grown in her dancing. It was okay but certainly not my favorite of the night. They are at the bottom, those 3 points could really make a difference when there are only 3 couples to vote for. Her little girl voice is like chalk on a blackboard to me, plus was she asking us to vote for her because she didn't get to go to the Olympics?

I think it would be great if Shawn got third place but I just want Tony and Melissa to win!
Interesting point. She has harped on that all season. Most girls are lucky to get to the olympics once, yes? I think she has wrapped up too much of her identity in competition. She said something about how she's got her confidence back because now she's back in the ballroom competing or something to that effect.
Elinor Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #1492
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

I don't think the addition of extra dancers added anything to any of the three dancers. They need to go back to the way it used to be.

I'm not sure what the appeal is of all the lifts in the freestyle. Doesn't do anything for me!
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #1493
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinor Dashwood View Post
Interesting point. She has harped on that all season. Most girls are lucky to get to the olympics once, yes? I think she has wrapped up too much of her identity in competition. She said something about how she's got her confidence back because now she's back in the ballroom competing or something to that effect.
Of course her whole identity is wrapped up in gymnastics. She has trained for the Olympics since she was a little girl and she made the Junior Olympics when she was only 12. I think it's great that DWTS has helped her confidence and to move on with her life ... in second place .
Old 11-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #1494
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Of course her whole identity is wrapped up in gymnastics. She has trained for the Olympics since she was a little girl and she made the Junior Olympics when she was only 12. I think it's great that DWTS has helped her confidence and to move on with her life ... in second place .

What I meant was the whole competing attitude, not necessarily just the olympics.
Elinor Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #1495
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Melissa and Tony were great tonight!
Gave them all my votes.

I thought Derek and Shawn admitting and not caring that they broke the rules for their dance showed a bad attitude. I hope they don't win.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #1496
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
Anyone able to get through for Melissa? My husband and I have been trying on all three phones since the beginning of the show - no luck yet.
I can't get through on my landline but have had no problem from my cell. I have tried a ton of times on the landline and just get a busy signal, but my cell got right through. Tried one of the other numbers from my land line and got through no problem. So Kelly and Val, I didn't mean to give you that one vote but you're welcome.
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #1497
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

I am glad that the judges once again penalized Shawn and Derek for breaking the rules. It was pretty nervy to do that routine again and break the rules all over. I think they could have earned 10s had they repeated that dance but changed it so that it followed the rules. I appreciate going for the entertainment factor but what's to stop everyone from just doing a ballroom-free freestyle every single week if they judges reward that?

I agree with the others who were distracted by the troupe in Val and Kelly's dance but I was just glad that they didn't start making out mid-dance.

I loved Melissa and Tony's dance with the exception of the terrible singing. Their freestyle was only about them. They had those aerialists but I barely noticed them unlike the troupe and choir in Kelly's dance or the gymnastics team in Shawn's. I also loved how intense Tony was in their rehearsal footage. He wants to win this thing so badly. They got all of my votes. In my mind, they danced the best while also following the rules all season. They should win.

Shawn's freestyle had more dancing than I expected when I first heard about the Fierce Five being in it but it was still a whole lot of gymnastics. And the rest of the dance moves seems like they were recycled from the Quickstep they had just done. Also, that giant "Shawn" was tacky.
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:23 PM   #1498
cats mom
Mouseketeer

Has a wild and vivid imagination

40 more minutes until DWTS starts here and I've got to wait a bit longer than that so I can ff through commercials, but it sounds like I'm safe throwing all my votes to Melissa & Tony. Gathering cell phones and voting now.
cats mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #1499
robinb
DIS Veteran

Is anyone voting for anyone except Melissa?
Old 11-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #1500
Mickeynutty
Mouseketeer

I cast all my votes for Mel and Tony!
Mickeynutty is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: