Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
Nohal
DIS Veteran

Whats up with TLC new tv shows

I was channel surfing the other night and came upon a show on TLC about cougars and their young men There was one woman on who was 76 dating much younger men. This channel has really hit rock bottom. With shows like Honey Boo Boo, Extreme cheapskates and the new one about bridesmails this is really crazy. I wish they would bring back shows like Trading Spaces. It's like they are scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Nohal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #2
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohal View Post
I was channel surfing the other night and came upon a show on TLC about cougars and their young men There was one woman on who was 76 dating much younger men. This channel has really hit rock bottom. With shows like Honey Boo Boo, Extreme cheapskates and the new one about bridesmails this is really crazy. I wish they would bring back shows like Trading Spaces. It's like they are scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Unfortunately, it isn't just TLC. Discovery Channel, Bravo, A&E - they're all going to "reality" programming. I even saw a promo the other day on GMC (Gospel Music Channel) for a reality show coming to that station as well. I guess it's cheaper to produce, so it's never going away.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
Disneefun
DIS Veteran

Yeah, what I find funny/sad/crazy is that their letters stand for "The Learning Channel." Well, in the last couple of years I can tell you they're not teaching anything I want to learn! (Or that's beneficial for anyone, really.)
Disneefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
westjones
Mother of Two Disney Princesses
Boy I learn something new all the time on these boards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneefun View Post
Yeah, what I find funny/sad/crazy is that their letters stand for "The Learning Channel." Well, in the last couple of years I can tell you they're not teaching anything I want to learn! (Or that's beneficial for anyone, really.)
This is what I was wondering. I never watched the channel before, but in the past year my DD started watching shows on it. When I asked her what channel it was, she said The Learning Channel, .....I was confused.

......Oh and my DD is 19 and in college, but living at home. So I don't monitor her tv habits, I was just curious about what she was watching.
westjones is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: