Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Dog "Potty Patch"?

Bed & Bath & Beyond has something called a Potty Patch for use in the bathroom or patio for when you can't take your dog outside to do his "business". My sis has a nasty cold and we're going to get hit with a couple of storms, so taking her small dog out will be difficult. She bought this thing, but so far the dog isn't using it. Anyone have this? Any suggestions on how to encourage the dog to use it as intended?

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
mjkacmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniecarousel View Post
Bed & Bath & Beyond has something called a Potty Patch for use in the bathroom or patio for when you can't take your dog outside to do his "business". My sis has a nasty cold and we're going to get hit with a couple of storms, so taking her small dog out will be difficult. She bought this thing, but so far the dog isn't using it. Anyone have this? Any suggestions on how to encourage the dog to use it as intended?
Ewww - the only product that grosses me out more is the toddler urinal! Older boys have enough trouble hitting a huge toilet bowl - encouraging toddlers to pee on a piece of plastic indoors is just wrong!

My dog did fine during Sandy - trust me, she didn't want to linger outside either.
mjkacmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
Shugardrawers
Ovarian Cancer Survivor!
I need to bust a royal wee!
Having a torrid affair with the
I like my pickles whole

When we lived on the 16th floor of a high rise we got one for our toy poodle and put it on the balcony. It took a LONG time for him to get used to because he'd been raised to do his stuff on real grass. He refuses to pee on concrete even. MUST BE REAL GRASS. Dogs are creatures of habit. These things work best on puppies not older dogs. That said, I agree the dog isn't going to dawdle in crappy weather. Petey HATES to go in the rain and will hurry through it whereas on a normal day he has to sniff and pee on every single blade of grass.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: