Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #16
CatNipRules
Overplanner Extraordinaire....
I love them when they are raw
I got Mickey mail

I'm hanging on to! I've just been busy with real life!! LOL! It has a way of kicking your butt!!

CatNipRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #17
ellie05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
Did you get the dates figured out? Where's those plan updates you promised?
I just got the dates yesterday . There will be a long update by tonight. I promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNipRules View Post
I'm hanging on to! I've just been busy with real life!! LOL! It has a way of kicking your butt!!
Glad to hear that! Real life is kicking my butt too that is why I haven't been back sooner .
ellie05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #18
ellie05
DIS Veteran

Out Trip

Sorry it has been so long. Last week we had family in town so we were running around the whole week. DH is gone this whole week training so I won't get to see him at all. We have very little time left to spend together before he leaves and it is finally hitting me that he is leaving.
We finally got the dates yesterday and I have been working on making dinning reservations and planning things out, but there is still more planning to do. Last week I finally got my binder from the disneystore.com so here are those pictures. I am very happy with it.

I still have to put everything inside and make sections for it. Hopefully it will be done by the end of the week.

Back to the trip

Dates : October 4th-15th
Because of the new dates we had to make some changes and cut our vacation a little short

And our home in Disney is going to be..

We were going to stay a few days at Bay lake tower, but with the change of dates that wasn't possible. We will be in Disney the 4th to the 12th and then...

We will be staying two days at a Universal hotel but so far we haven't pick one yet. Any suggestions?

Last edited by ellie05; 08-08-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:03 PM   #19
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

I love the binder - so cute!

So sorry you have to cut your trip short. As far as the hotel at Univ., I have no suggestions. There were no hotels the last time I went to Universal if that tells you anything!

Can't wait for more details ...

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:17 PM   #20
CatNipRules
Overplanner Extraordinaire....
I love them when they are raw
I got Mickey mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie05 View Post
Sorry it has been so long. Last week we had family in town so we were running around the whole week. DH is gone this whole week training so I won't get to see him at all. We have very little time left to spend together before he leaves and it is finally hitting me that he is leaving.
We finally got the dates yesterday and I have been working on making dinning reservations and planning things out, but there is still more planning to do. Last week I finally got my binder from the disneystore.com so here are those pictures. I am very happy with it.

I still have to put everything inside and make sections for it. Hopefully it will be done by the end of the week.

Back to the trip

Dates : October 4th-15th
Because of the new dates we had to make some changes and cut our vacation a little short

And our home in Disney is going to be..

We were going to stay a few days at Bay lake tower for a few days, but with the change of dates that wasn't possible. We will be in Disney the 4th to the 12th and then...

We will be staying two days at a Universal hotel but so far we haven't pick one yet. Any suggestions?

Oh goodness!! That binder is too cute!! I love it!!

You are going to be there at the same time as me. Well, we are arriving the same day, but we are leaving on the 13th.

When we went to Universal we stayed at the Royal Pacific Hotel! It was very nice. Very quiet. We found that it was easier to walk to the parks rather than wait for the boats.

CatNipRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #21
ellie05
DIS Veteran

Big News!

I have some very exiting news to share. It is Disney related but not to this trip.

Ok so yesterday I was talking to my BFF. We are very close and our DHs have deployed together before and even were roommates when they first join the military. Well we have a Thanksgiving tradition were we spend it in our house with them. So yesterday late at night we were talking and I was telling her about our Disney trip and she said we should go to Disney together maybe spend Thanksgiving 2013 there together! YAY!!! So that will give me something to do while DH is deployed (other than going back to college) plan another Disney trip.

On the not so good news is that my hip has been bothering me the past few days. In 2009 we were rear-ended by a 17 year old boy that was texting and didn't even attempted to slow down. So we were hit at about 40 mph. The seatbelt hold me but it hurt my hip. I went to physical therapy for 8 months and it got better but now it is starting to bother me again. I think I need a trip to the doctor soon so I get this taken care of before we leave for Disney.

Also I added a table of contents so it will be easier to find the posts.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #22
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Disney at Thanksgiving with your BFF? How fun does THAT sound!

So sorry to hear your hip is bothering you again. Hope it's something that doesn't require a ton of treatment and is feeling better soon.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #23
ellie05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNipRules View Post
Oh goodness!! That binder is too cute!! I love it!!

You are going to be there at the same time as me. Well, we are arriving the same day, but we are leaving on the 13th.

When we went to Universal we stayed at the Royal Pacific Hotel! It was very nice. Very quiet. We found that it was easier to walk to the parks rather than wait for the boats.
Thanks for that suggestion I been in the Universal website all morning and I am extremely confused and have a headache . So hard to navigate and find information. Have you done the 3 broomsticks breakfast? Any other suggestions for food or shows? We been to the parks before but never stay at the resort or done anything special.

Quote:
Disney at Thanksgiving with your BFF? How fun does THAT sound!

So sorry to hear your hip is bothering you again. Hope it's something that doesn't require a ton of treatment and is feeling better soon.
Thanks . You know what that means another PTR after this one is done .

Last edited by ellie05; 08-08-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:41 AM   #24
Dream426
Love Disney!!

What a great idea your friend had. Planning another trip will def. keep you occupied. You girls will have so much fun.

I am sorry about your hip. I agree about making an appointment with the doctor so it is better for your trip.

Gianna's First of Many WDW Trips March 2013!! PTR

Gianna and Sophia's First Trip to Disney World September 2014 PTR!!

Dream426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #25
ellie05
DIS Veteran

Universal Hotel

Yesterday was a weird day. I didn't' get much done and even after spending most of my day trying to figure out Universal hotels, restaurants, etc didn't really got me very far. Their website is terrible and finding information was very hard. By 9pm I just wanted to be done with it so I called and made a reservation at....

The Royal Pacific! We are staying at a water view with a King bed.

I have to be honest I don't know much more of what we are doing in Universal yet. In my frustration yesterday I ordered the Beyond Disney: The Unofficial Guide to Universal Orlando, SeaWorld & the Best of Central Florida, hopefully this will help with universal plans. I might add that part of my over planning is reading as many guides as possible so right now I am working through my favorite guide Unofficial guide to Walt Disney World 2012 ( I read the guide almost every year) and I have others that haven't started yet, but I plan on finish them all before we get there .

An update on my hip issue: Yesterday I had a Doctors appointment so I grab my purse and step outside to leave and what do I see ?!?!? DH car pulling into our street! DH was not supposed to be home until friday so I drop everything and called the Doctor's office and cancel my appointment. Well once DH step off the car he was only staying home for 40 min . Just time to change his wet uniform and boots and take a shower. Well at least I got to see him for a little bit. So I called and made another appointment but they didn't have anything open until Saturday. Needless to say yesterday night was a bad night I couldn't' find a comfortable position for my hip. I finally felt sleep at 2am only to wake up at 5:30 because it was hurting so bad.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #26
ellie05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream426 View Post
What a great idea your friend had. Planning another trip will def. keep you occupied. You girls will have so much fun.

I am sorry about your hip. I agree about making an appointment with the doctor so it is better for your trip.
Glad to see you around! That trip will be a blast for sure.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:03 AM   #27
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Awww. So sorry to hear your hip is hurting so badly. I hope you can get some answers tomorrow and are feeling better soon.

Are you as obsessed as I am with the Disney guides?!? I just finished the UG2012 that I checked out of the library on my Kindle, but I'm going to buy the 2013 version.

Glad to see you got your Uni. hotel picked. It looks beautiful!

Old 08-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #28
ellie05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awww. So sorry to hear your hip is hurting so badly. I hope you can get some answers tomorrow and are feeling better soon.

Are you as obsessed as I am with the Disney guides?!? I just finished the UG2012 that I checked out of the library on my Kindle, but I'm going to buy the 2013 version.

Glad to see you got your Uni. hotel picked. It looks beautiful!
Yes I am obsessed with Disney guides. A few weeks ago I got a huge box from Amazon. DH thought I was crazy and he doesn't know I bought another this past week . I love my kindle but for the guides I have to have the paper version because I like to put tags all over it (and the notes in the kindle just don't do it for me) I will post a picture as soon as I am done with this guide. Then I organize the ideas I tag and put them all together in my binder. Another confession is I already pre-order my UG 2013 don't tell DH.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #29
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie05 View Post
Yes I am obsessed with Disney guides. A few weeks ago I got a huge box from Amazon. DH thought I was crazy and he doesn't know I bought another this past week . I love my kindle but for the guides I have to have the paper version because I like to put tags all over it (and the notes in the kindle just don't do it for me) I will post a picture as soon as I am done with this guide. Then I organize the ideas I tag and put them all together in my binder. Another confession is I already pre-order my UG 2013 don't tell DH.
My DH was actually *encouraging* me to pre-order the UG2013 because I kept complaining how hard the Kindle version was to use. I won't make that mistake again. I was trying to be frugal! (read: cheap)

Old 08-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #30
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Hope your doctor's appointment goes well today.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: