Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #16
Calfan
DIS Veteran

We've booked a 2013 cruise on the Fantasy in concierge, and it's never even occurred to me to worry about having my kids with us. They will be 10 and 8 when we sail.

MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) WONDER May 15-17, 2015 (San Diego) B2B with WONDER May 17-20, 2015 (Ensenada) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) B2B with MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Baltics) with ABD add-on
Calfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #17
DVCNuts
Platinum At Last!

They call it a "Concierge Family Stateroom with Veranda" so I think you're good! Enjoy!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #18
AlexandNessa
Proud Redhead
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Must sleep barefoot
HEY EVERYONE...THIS IS A SECRET...SHE HATED THE MUMMY MOVIE

As an adult couple who sails concierge without kids, let me just say it would never occur to me that the lounge or sundeck would be for adults only. Anyone who books concierge is entitled to use the lounge and sundeck, no matter their age.

I've seen raucous behavior in the lounge, but it was from some entitled adults, not kids. They will even have smoothies for the kids during happy hour, or Shirley Temples. Enjoy.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #19
Brumbie13
Mr. Mickeybars

I think anyone without kids who won't at least tolerate kids wouldn't go on a Disney cruise ship.

My wife and I don't have kids, but we have the mindset that several others have expressed here. That, if it's an area where kids are allowed to be, they have every right to be there.

Brumbie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:28 AM   #20
bethann77
Mouseketeer

I have never cruised concierge, but it's Disney. The whole ship is designed for families and children. That's one of the main reasons we cruise with Disney. They never make you feel out of place having children.
bethann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #21
WDWMarcy
Earning My Ears

We did concierge on the Dream when girls were 5 and 1. There were lots of other families and no one batted an eye. I am hypersensitive to that, and I was totally comfortable. On another line, I might hesitate, but definitely not on DCL.

WDW: Swan '04, offsite '04, '05', 06, AS Movies '07, Poly '08, ASSports '08, AK Kidani 2010, ASMovies 2011, SS/BW '11, BLT '11, offsite '12 BLT '12, SS WDW Marathon Weekend 2013 for DH's first Marathon! Tower of Terror 10 miler 2013 BLT, WDW Marathon 2014 BLT Wine and Dine weekend 2014 SS, WDW Marathon Weekend 2014 SS
DL: DL 1985, DCA 2004, DL 1/2 Marathon '13 GC DL 1/2 Marathon '14 PP
DCL: Dream 4 night Bahamas 2011, Fantasy 7 night Eastern Caribbean 2012, Dream 4 night Bahamas April 28, 2013
Back to Back on the Dream November 10 and 14, 2014
WDWMarcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #22
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Concierge is not an adult only section. You paid for it, let them enjoy it.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:22 AM   #23
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpack
I booked two concierge rooms on the Fantasy for 2013. We're a family of six and my kids will be 10 and under at the time of sailing (the youngest two will be five). I'm starting to question if I should have booked a concierge room with small kids. Reading the threads here (and reviews), it seems adult parties usually book these rooms and I'm wondering if my children will not be well-recieived in the concierge areas. We just got back from a cruise on the Dream and my kids were great (generally very well-behaved), but they are kids and have their moments. I just don't want to spend my cruise feeling like others in the lounge or sun deck are annoyed we are there. That would ruin my trip.

I'd love to hear the experience of how others with kids in concierge felt. Were there other kids in the lounge and sun deck areas? Did you feel like the adults were annoyed you booked a Concierge room with kids? I'd think that since it's a Disney cruise, kids would be everywhere, but who knows! Thanks in advance!
If someone is annoyed, they should go to the adult only areas. The royal suite sleeps a lot more than just two adults, and if you can afford it, then you're welcome to the perks
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #24
Mythreeboysandme
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher

If someone is annoyed, they should go to the adult only areas. The royal suite sleeps a lot more than just two adults, and if you can afford it, then you're welcome to the perks
So very true!! Better yet, maybe cruise on a different cruise line! This is Disney we are talking about. A ship geared towards kids! I hope you and your family have a great trip!
Mythreeboysandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #25
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythreeboysandme View Post
This is Disney we are talking about. A ship geared towards kids! I hope you and your family have a great trip!
In general, I agree with you. However, families come in all shapes, sizes, and make up. DCL DOES have adult only areas and these need to be respected by children and the adults with them.

Other than the adult only areas, the ship is geared toward kids and families!

And Concierge is NOT an adult only area.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #26
ohsnapxitsamanda
Mouseketeer

I'm 24, and my parents and I just got off the Fantasy, where we were Concierge guests. Having the kids around didn't bother us at all (I have 7 nieces and nephews, and my degree is in middle grades education--safe to say I love kids). However, there were some very entitled parents on board who apparently thought that the word "concierge" meant babysitter. There would be kids running around the lounge by themselves (or even when their parents were there), and they would be interrupting the concierge ladies who were trying to help the other guests. And those ladies were extremely patient, but you could tell even they were getting annoyed at times.

With that being said, as long as you make sure your kids are under control (and it sounds like you will!), then there isn't a problem with them being in the lounge. I saw some tween girls on the sundeck once, and that was because one of the girls was just showing her new friends what it was like. They weren't there 2 minutes. As previously stated, there is no pool or hot tub on the sundeck, so kids don't like to spend a lot of time there.

You paid for your kids to be concierge level, and they should be. Just make sure they are aware that, while the concierge ladies are amazing and so friendly, they are also very busy (we were told by one of them that they work about 90 hours a week), and they have to help all the concierge guests.

But, if your kids like the kids clubs and such, you might never get them to the concierge lounge anyway.
Blog: Going to Neverland

ohsnapxitsamanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: