Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 10:30 PM   #1
DavidLeaphart
Dis Railroad Man

Fort Wilderness Railroad Tour - Sept 30th

Hi Folks,

As part of the Carolwood Pacific Historical Society's annual meeting, a brief tour of key spots on the old railroad will be held Sunday, Sept 30th. It will begin at 9:00am at the Trails End Restaurant and last about 2 hours. If you are at the Fort on the 30th and would like to attend, please join us!

Also, as part of the annual meeting, the Disney Railroads Train Show will be held at the Wilderness Lodge Vacation Club's Carolwood Pacific Room on Saturday, the 29th, from 1:00pm to 5:00pm. This room is off the main lobby of the vacation club. There will be a heavy emphasis on the Fort Wilderness Railroad including attendance by a number of former Fort Wilderness Railroad cast members!

Hope to see you there!
David Leaphart
DavidLeaphart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #2
2goofycampers
Sounds like something a camping trip could cure
Enjoy the beer and wine you will love it

Thank you for the invite. I sure wish we could be there.

2goofycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 08:59 AM   #3
storyteller
Driving not flying, It's hard to read the street signs from that far up!

Sounds like a lot of fun.... miss the old railroad through the fort.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #4
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Sounds fascinating! My parents are FL residents, ill pass this info along to them, I think they would be interested!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
bama_ed
My old avatar was the blue Muppet named Grover

David,

Thanks for the update. We had a poster refer to this meeting a few days ago.

I have your books and really appreciate the work you put into them. I met Dave Dietzel, a FWRR cast member, at the Fort this past March and I wrote about him and you in my trip report. See post #29.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2896540&page=2

Can you come back afterwards and tell us something about the weekend? We would appreciate it.

Keep up the good work on long live the FWRR.

Bama ED
Jan 1988 FW 700 Loop (tent).......Jan 2004 FW 2500 Loop (cabin)....... Apr 2011 FW 2000 Loop (pop-up)
May 1988 FW 1200 Loop (tent).... May 2006 FW 900 Loop (pop-up) .... Mar 2012 FW 1500 Loop (pop-up)
Dec 1995 Contemporary.............. Mar 2007 FW 1000 Loop (pop-up).... Apr 2013 FW 100 Loop (pop-up)

plus countless WDW day trips, DL 3X, DLP 2X - TV: 2005 Chevy Suburban - Camper: 2014 Aliner Expedition - Nights Camped: 182
bama_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #6
DavidLeaphart
Dis Railroad Man

Disney Railroads Meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama_ed View Post
tell us something about the weekend?
Bama ED
Hi Bama_Ed,

I am really glad you got to meet Dave. Through the book work, he has become a good friend. If you happen to have the second edition of the Photo Galleries book, look at page 89. There you'll find a young Dave Dietzel.

At this point, Dave plans to be at the Saturday Rail Show at the Lodge.

For the weekend, this is the annual meeting of the Carolwood Pacific Historical Society. This is the society formed by Michael Broggie (Roger E. Broggie's son). It's purpose is to promote Walt's huge love of the rails!

Thursday evening is a dinner get-together at Wolfgang Puck's. Following on Friday morning is a special edition of the Behind the Steam Trains tour in the Kingdom. Friday afternoon is a presentation backstage by Michael Broggie on Walt and railroading. Saturday morning is a special backstage tour in the Kingdom. Saturday afternoon (1:00pm to 5:00pm) is a gathering and rail display show at the Lodge's Vacation Club. Sunday morning (9 to 11), I'll be conducting a walkaround tour of key spots on the old FWRR. A BBQ follows the tour.

It's a fun weekend! I hope all can join us on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.

Take care,
David
DavidLeaphart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:19 PM   #7
eyeoretoo
Mouseketeer

My hudband and myself will be there for the meeting as well.
2nd year as Carolwood members.
1st year we ran into this group, was when a gentlemen who owned one of the original train cars had it had the fort for the week. With my hudband being a train fan I had to take him for a lookie.
Dave looking forward to catching up on Thursday
eyeoretoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: