Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #16
taniapacheco
Earning My Ears

I bought a friend a pandora charm and my son's girlfriend bought one on mainstreet but it had a clasp like the one on a necklace to close it? Other than that just the one that my dd bought that was a necklace with charms but it is cheapish for kids. I saw the beads and rope thing you were talking about too.
taniapacheco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #17
All American
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtFool View Post
I am sorry for your frustration. Traditions are powerful things and it can be a great loss when they are gone. One ending always leads to a new beginning.

I know the charms you are talking about. They make for great souvenirs.

DH Me DD DD
All American is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #18
lightmoonstone
Mouseketeer

That is odd. My friend went to DW at the end of May and brought me a charm bracelet with five charms.
It's odd that DW would have them, but not DL.
I hope they are still sold in DW as I am going in October and hope to pick up a few more.

Hope you find them
lightmoonstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:11 AM   #19
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

There are fully made bracelets, which is not the same thing. We did get charms at WDW in February when we were there, but I didn't find any in May at DLR and was told in July at DLR that they had been gone for a while. It's actually not unusual for WDW to have different stuff than DLR at all.

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
CamoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:33 AM   #20
DisneyJamieCA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taniapacheco View Post
I bought a friend a pandora charm and my son's girlfriend bought one on mainstreet but it had a clasp like the one on a necklace to close it? Other than that just the one that my dd bought that was a necklace with charms but it is cheapish for kids. I saw the beads and rope thing you were talking about too.
Disneyland sells Pandora charms (or a Pandora charm?) I have a Pandora bracelet and would love one. Do you happen to have a picture of it?

We bought the charm bracelets (not Pandora) on an early trip for my older girls and each trip they picked a new one. I was disappointed we couldn't find any charms on our trip in June. We used to find them in the little store attached to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. I'll be intersted to see if anybody comes across them.

DL Onsite - Aug. '06 (GCH), Dec. '06 (GCH), Dec. '07 (GCH), Feb. '12 (DLH) Nov. '12 (GCH), Nov. '13 (DLH), June '14 (PPH), Oct. '14 (DLH), Nov. '14 (GCH)

DL Offsite - Sept. '07, Aug. '08, Aug. '09, Nov. '10, July '11, June '12, Oct. '12
DisneyJamieCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:43 AM   #21
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJamieCA View Post
Disneyland sells Pandora charms (or a Pandora charm?) I have a Pandora bracelet and would love one. Do you happen to have a picture of it?

We bought the charm bracelets (not Pandora) on an early trip for my older girls and each trip they picked a new one. I was disappointed we couldn't find any charms on our trip in June. We used to find them in the little store attached to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. I'll be intersted to see if anybody comes across them.
I have a pandora bracelet as well, and they sell charms but they are the Camilia charms. Still sterling silver and good quality and the one I bought with pink CZ stones in the shape of a Mickey head on each side fits my bracelet perfectly. She said some people try them and they don't fit, but I said maybe they had non authentic pandora bracelets? because mine is an authentic pandora and it fits perfectly. they had a few different ones. I saw them both in the store on main street beside the watch store, and in the big world of disney store in DTD.

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:57 AM   #22
DisneyJamieCA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley_face2 View Post
I have a pandora bracelet as well, and they sell charms but they are the Camilia charms. Still sterling silver and good quality and the one I bought with pink CZ stones in the shape of a Mickey head on each side fits my bracelet perfectly. She said some people try them and they don't fit, but I said maybe they had non authentic pandora bracelets? because mine is an authentic pandora and it fits perfectly. they had a few different ones. I saw them both in the store on main street beside the watch store, and in the big world of disney store in DTD.

Thank you! I will definitely be looking on my next trip!

DL Onsite - Aug. '06 (GCH), Dec. '06 (GCH), Dec. '07 (GCH), Feb. '12 (DLH) Nov. '12 (GCH), Nov. '13 (DLH), June '14 (PPH), Oct. '14 (DLH), Nov. '14 (GCH)

DL Offsite - Sept. '07, Aug. '08, Aug. '09, Nov. '10, July '11, June '12, Oct. '12
DisneyJamieCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #23
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post
Yes, there is a big square table with small boxes, each with a different charm. The prices usually ranged between $9.95 and $14.95, I think.

I'll take a picture of a few of the charms later when I have a chance. I have quite a few.
Ah, that makes more sense, I'm thinking of different charms. You are correct, I did not see this in the store on MS that used to have them.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #24
Dizisfun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJamieCA View Post

Disney does not sell the Pandora brand. Chamilia has the rights to the disney beads. I recently discovered Chamilia and have acquired 9 Chamilia Disney Beads to put on my Pandora Bracelet. I have bought most of them from my local jeweler and a few were purchased on the Chamilia Website.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #25
Mitzicat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dreams

Do you have a picture of the charms you have bought in the past?

- Dreams
I know last November I had trouble finding the charms at Disneyland but had no issue at wdw.

I don't have a link to my pic, but I have two bracelets full of charms. the last ones I got we're Mickey and Minnie cupcakes as well as character keys.

these charms are the ones that were $3.95 each in the big square display/clear cups. I have been collecting since 2009.

I have park specific ones (typhoon lagoon), resort specific (pop century). I love them. so sad they took a great souvenir away.

but I wonder if the loss on them was too great.
Mitzicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:44 AM   #26
StyledSugar
Love The Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizisfun View Post
Disney does not sell the Pandora brand. Chamilia has the rights to the disney beads. I recently discovered Chamilia and have acquired 9 Chamilia Disney Beads to put on my Pandora Bracelet. I have bought most of them from my local jeweler and a few were purchased on the Chamilia Website.
I have three Chamilia Disney charms and they are adorable!! All of mine were purchased here in my town in Alberta, Canada and all fit on my Pandora bracelet. Very cool that they can actually be purchased in DL or DTD. I know I will be picking up one or two during my trip!!

DLR: 1980, 1985, 1987, February 2006, September 2010, October-November 2011, Christmas/New Years 2012-2013, February 2015

My wonderful family:
DH Me DD 16 DS 11
StyledSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #27
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

You might also check the store in Critter Country by the exit to Winnie the Pooh. They used to have charms there. I know they have the big table with the beads, but I thought I saw some enamel charms as well.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #28
cp11
Mouseketeer

Dang, now you guys have me addicted to these beads. Just spent my whole lunch hour checking them out. Looks like we will be purchasing one of these and will have something new to always be on the hunt for.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:30 AM   #29
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

I was there this past weekend and tried to find a charm to add to my daughter's bracelet but couldn't find them anywhere. I was kind of sad about it.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #30
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

I asked on my recent trip and was told by a CM in the jewelry shop on Main St (between the Emporium and that little shop that sells fun funky stuff, much of it from Alice in wonderland) that they had to stop selling them because they contained toxic metals. They have sterling now instead and the bead type.

DizHe and DizMe DizWees DizHe & Our 4 Princesses
DizMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: