Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 12:41 AM   #31
jlevis
Mouseketeer

If you get TDO to tear down the Hat I'll start a petition to replace you. Just kidding but I love the hat.
jlevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:15 AM   #32
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

I love the hat too. Just not where they put it. I liked the pre-BAH view of the theater when you came into the park.
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2012, 05:53 AM   #33
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
I love the hat too. Just not where they put it. I liked the pre-BAH view of the theater when you came into the park.
I agree!

If the OP wants to get rid of something, may I suggest the graveyard of stones they have right when you walk into Epcot? Hate, hate, hate those things.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:13 AM   #34
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
If the OP wants to get rid of something, may I suggest the graveyard of stones they have right when you walk into Epcot? Hate, hate, hate those things.
You mean the tomb of the unknown tourist.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:45 AM   #35
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Just my opinion:

1. Don't you even begin to think Disney would not read a 100,000 signature petition, they may not admit it, but you BET they will read it!.

What they will not accept to attraction ideas as that could become a patent/copyright issue if they build something like it.

2. Please Google monorail. It is not near as expensive to build and extend as you think.

It does indeed make income because of the guests that come to ride the thing!.........remember a few months ago.the people complaining that is was running at reduced hours?.......shut down for construction and maintenance.........you BET the monorail brings people on property and to the resorts and parks,l and that bring income.

That said..............the next transportation system is 10 years oof and will likely of a light rial system or a *pod* system where you get into a automatic pod and it takes you where yo want to go..parks.........resorts......DTD...........etc.

3.The hat is cool...................just move it somewhere else!

4.....The Epcot entry.............the land of the gravestones needs to go!

5. I think Epcot is moving toward its base line........with new TT, showing the next generation of cars and how they will be made....and the possibility of a new country in WS.........2 could use 2 new counties.

JMHO

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:07 AM   #36
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

The hat would be nicer somewhere else. It serves no purpose and clashes with the theming in the area.

The tombstones wouldn't be nice anywhere IMO.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #37
gwmort
DIS Veteran

Get your petition signed solely by shareholders and you might have a shot; get a billion of the 1.9 billion shares and you're a shoe-in!
gwmort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #38
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

No matter how many signatures are on a petition I don't think they are going to tear the sorceror hat down, whether Disney reads the petition or not. I'd think it's be a lot of work to assemble those signatures for probably nothing.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #39
jlevis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
Just my opinion:

2. Please Google monorail. It is not near as expensive to build and extend as you think.

It does indeed make income because of the guests that come to ride the thing!.........remember a few months ago.the people complaining that is was running at reduced hours?.......shut down for construction and maintenance.........you BET the monorail brings people on property and to the resorts and parks,l and that bring income.

That said..............the next transportation system is 10 years oof and will likely of a light rial system or a *pod* system where you get into a automatic pod and it takes you where yo want to go..parks.........resorts......DTD...........etc.

AKK
That presumes that the monorail is the sole reason some guests go to Disney and if it was absent they would stay home. But, lets say you are right and people spend $100 for a ticket to ride the monorail. How many of them would it take to justify and expansion of the monorail?
jlevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #40
rgf207
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtitian View Post
Hi all, I'm new to the boards, but I've been lurking here and other places around the online Disney community for a while now, and I have a question.

Seeing as so many of us Disney fanatics, particular those of us who frequent Walt Disney World agree on a few issues, has anyone ever attempted to create a massive and formal petition to affect some of the policy and infrastructure changes we so desire in the parks? I can't imagine that a petition with 100,000 or more signatures on it, politely requesting that the sorcerer hat be torn down, would be looked at lightly... particularly if the press were involved in it's presentation. Similarly a petition calling for a massive monorail expansion and returning EPCOT Center to some of it's core themes and values?

I'm just wondering if this has been tried is all. I took a look at *********** and there are a handful of petitions going over there right now, though they mostly have to do with programming on the Disney channel.

Thoughts?
That petition and $1.25 will get you a cup of coffee

2002 - Off Site;2004 - Off Site;March 2005 - AKL;Sept 2005 - PoP, POR, ASMo;May 2006 - POR;June 2007 - BCV;June 2008 - SSR; March 2009 - SSR; August 2009 - SSR, AKV; Feb 2010 - VWL; Jun 2010 - BCV; Feb 2011 - AKV; June 2012 - BLT
rgf207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #41
DeaverTex
Smelling like a horse doesn't make you a cavalryman
I'd wear a pair. I might even be able to get Mrs. Tex to wear some
I need to provide sufficient background in every post to make sense

Coffee's up to a buck twenty five these days? Good thing I don't drink coffee.

I think OP's just having fun with us. Sounds like Monkeyboy.

Deaver Tex Mrs. Tex Tex Jr.

7-10 October 2012 - POR
Nothing else planned right now.

DeaverTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #42
rgf207
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaverTex View Post
Coffee's up to a buck twenty five these days? Good thing I don't drink coffee.

I think OP's just having fun with us. Sounds like Monkeyboy.
It's 2.30 at Starbucks (for just coffee)

2002 - Off Site;2004 - Off Site;March 2005 - AKL;Sept 2005 - PoP, POR, ASMo;May 2006 - POR;June 2007 - BCV;June 2008 - SSR; March 2009 - SSR; August 2009 - SSR, AKV; Feb 2010 - VWL; Jun 2010 - BCV; Feb 2011 - AKV; June 2012 - BLT
Old 07-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #43
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

What's wrong with the hat? I love it and apparently a lot of others do too. It's the icon for the park.....so do you want to tear down the tree of life, spaceship earth and the castle also? they are the icons of those parks....wow...sometimes you just gotta wonder.......

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayºoº
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #44
rgf207
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinva View Post
What's wrong with the hat? I love it and apparently a lot of others do too. It's the icon for the park.....so do you want to tear down the tree of life, spaceship earth and the castle also? they are the icons of those parks....wow...sometimes you just gotta wonder.......
I've started petitions for all those things.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:19 AM   #45
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlevis View Post
That presumes that the monorail is the sole reason some guests go to Disney and if it was absent they would stay home. But, lets say you are right and people spend $100 for a ticket to ride the monorail. How many of them would it take to justify and expansion of the monorail?
Not really.....the monorail is all part of the *Disney Experience*, its one of many reasons people come and like I pointed out.......when it isn't available.people get upset.

As a rule of thumb......a monorail costs about the same as a 4 lane (2 in each direction) highway to build..........cheap?.....NO.,but not as expensive as it has been in the past..........and when you add the new ones will not have to have a pilot....it gets more attractive.

That all said........I see the airport to downtown Orlando as the big reason the monorail will be expanded.

I see 2 or 3 stops at WDW.....from there you will take a bus or pod or light rial system or monorail extension to different locations, IE resorts, DTD.

If WDW relies on buses.they are just another resort......its the uniqueness of WDW as a whole that keeps people coming and the monorail is part of that.

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
epcot, monorail, petition, sorcerer hat

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: