Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
gtitian
Earning My Ears

Petition?

Hi all, I'm new to the boards, but I've been lurking here and other places around the online Disney community for a while now, and I have a question.

Seeing as so many of us Disney fanatics, particular those of us who frequent Walt Disney World agree on a few issues, has anyone ever attempted to create a massive and formal petition to affect some of the policy and infrastructure changes we so desire in the parks? I can't imagine that a petition with 100,000 or more signatures on it, politely requesting that the sorcerer hat be torn down, would be looked at lightly... particularly if the press were involved in it's presentation. Similarly a petition calling for a massive monorail expansion and returning EPCOT Center to some of it's core themes and values?

I'm just wondering if this has been tried is all. I took a look at *********** and there are a handful of petitions going over there right now, though they mostly have to do with programming on the Disney channel.

Thoughts?
gtitian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtitian View Post
Hi all, I'm new to the boards, but I've been lurking here and other places around the online Disney community for a while now, and I have a question.

Seeing as so many of us Disney fanatics, particular those of us who frequent Walt Disney World agree on a few issues, has anyone ever attempted to create a massive and formal petition to affect some of the policy and infrastructure changes we so desire in the parks? I can't imagine that a petition with 100,000 or more signatures on it, politely requesting that the sorcerer hat be torn down, would be looked at lightly... particularly if the press were involved in it's presentation. Similarly a petition calling for a massive monorail expansion and returning EPCOT Center to some of it's core themes and values?

I'm just wondering if this has been tried is all. I took a look at *********** and there are a handful of petitions going over there right now, though they mostly have to do with programming on the Disney channel.

Thoughts?

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Huh....I am completely baffled.

So you want to replace the entire staff of number crunchers that determine what is best for the investors and stockholders. Don't think so.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

I had the same reaction as Deb & Bill. Disney is going to make their investment decisions based on what will make more money. The monorail is only a means of transportation between resorts and parks. As such its a cost. It doesn't generate any revenues.

Yes, the same can be said about busses and boats. They don't generate any revenues either. However, Disney has found its cheaper and provides more operational flexibility to invest in busses and boats rather than monorails.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #5
Sue M
DIS Veteran

The only thing i can say is Welcome to The Boards And I kinda like the Hat
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #6
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Can I, can I, can I .....I am an architect and a construction manager.

Do you have any idea the cost of a monorail expansion in the year 2012. I could give you the cost by the foot and it would make you fall out of your chair.

And to add insult to injury, it does not generate any income at all. Read about the expansion at Las Vegas and the subsequent issues with the city almost declaring bankruptcy for good.

Then the maintenance costs; fuel, storage for the night, getting them under cover during hurricanes to prevent damage. One track alone, where buses could be diverted anywhere on any road and be more efficient.

You have to think outside the box on these things.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:03 PM   #7
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Disney does not accept ideas from outside sources.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:03 PM   #8
tinkbyday
DIS Veteran

I like the hat too!!

Dec 09 YC CL Jan 09 YC Apr '08 WL and POR Jan '07 BWI Nov '05 Swan Oct '03 CBR
tinkbyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #9
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW
Thank goodness. Like I said, why would you want someone who has no experience in satisfying the stockholders wanting to dictate what goes on at any major corporation.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #10
sadiras
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtitian View Post

Thoughts?
I hate that hat. Where do I sign?
sadiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #11
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Lol! I can't decide if this is a troll or a clever veteran poking fun at all the trolls we've had lately.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #12
Tamdude
Mouseketeer

ok, I can't resist... Why demolish the hat?

Pop Century x 3
POR x 1
Offsite x 2

Tamdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #13
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Why don't people like the Sorceror's Hat? I like it and so do my children. But then again, I'd also rather they spend the money on ride construction than a monorail.
Mom2six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #14
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six View Post
Why don't people like the Sorceror's Hat? I like it and so do my children. But then again, I'd also rather they spend the money on ride construction than a monorail.
Me too. I love Fantasia; the sorcerer's hat is the best.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #15
usd2bmd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
The only thing i can say is Welcome to The Boards And I kinda like the Hat
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Can I, can I, can I .....I am an architect and a construction manager. Do you have any idea the cost of a monorail expansion in the year 2012. I could give you the cost by the foot and it would make you fall out of your chair. And to add insult to injury, it does not generate any income at all. Read about the expansion at Las Vegas and the subsequent issues with the city almost declaring bankruptcy for good. Then the maintenance costs; fuel, storage for the night, getting them under cover during hurricanes to prevent damage. One track alone, where buses could be diverted anywhere on any road and be more efficient. You have to think outside the box on these things.
And This

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
Then there's this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six View Post
But most of all This!
June 2002 - Off-site June 2005 - All-Star Movies Resort** August 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort**September 2007 - Caribbean Beach Resort**August 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside**August 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2010 - Caribbean Cruise/Carnival Liberty**August 2011 - Caribbean Cruise Carnival Liberty**August 2013 - Eastern Caribbean Cruise Carnival Dream
usd2bmd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epcot, monorail, petition, sorcerer hat

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: